Community Crunch 242: Your New Ride!

StudioWildcard

The Extra Life charity event, TLC 3 and Crystal Isles transfers on console, the community has been asking "when" and we're here to deliver!

ARK_Gen2_Promo_Poster.jpg

Check out your new ride! Twin ceramic rotor drives on each wheel! And these look like computer controlled anti-lock brakes! Wow, 200 horses at 12,000 RPM! Looks a bit...fishy...to us. Tune into our Extra Life event for some epic Genesis 2 reveals. 

High-res art link
here

Tender Loving Care 3

Mammoth_TLC_Promo_HighRes.png

TLC 3 is getting close, Saturday, 7th November at 10 AM PST to be exact!

We have much in store for our players: The Mammoth and Stego revamp including visual and functional upgrades, some creepy crawly evolutions, and various QoL additions. Stay posted for more details on what will be included in TLC 3 in next week's Community Crunch!

Crystal Isles Transfers on Console

ARK_ISLES_Screenshot_06_1920x1080_down.jpg

We will be enabling full server transfers into Crystal Isles on our Official Xbox and PS4 Servers on Friday, November 20th. This means from that date, players will be able to download items and creatures onto the map without restriction.

...Plus a quick spooky update on Fear Evolved 4!

We'll be adjusting our boosted rates for the event! From the 22nd of October through to November the 6th, the Official ARK network will be receiving a spectral treat with:

• 2X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, and maturation)
  • 2X XP
  • 2X Harvesting
  • 2X Taming

Fear4_Chib.jpg

ExtraLife Charity Event

EIdmh35X0AEtgZp.jpg

Our 24 hour Extra Life stream is fast approaching and we invite everyone from the community to join us for a great cause. Let’s try to beat or prior year record of $112,206.35 and see what we can raise for the kids through gaming and giving. This year's ExtraLife event kicks off on November 7th at 10 AM PST!

We'll be coming to you live from our Seattle Studio to bring 24 hours of entertainment, giveaways, Collector’s Edition boxes, game keys, and much more! Whether you’re a streamer, a donor or just keen to be along for the ride, we’d love to have you! 

image (10).jpg

Like prior events, we will be enabling boosted rates for all players on our Official Networks. These rates increase incrementally as each fundraising milestone is reached.  Further details on milestones and rates will be shared closer to the start of the event.

If you’re feeling heroic, and want to support the event with your own stream and donation goals, sign up, and let’s raise some money for the kids! Gather your tribes, alliances, and stimberries, and feel free to hop into the official ARK discord for an epic 24hr adventure! 

If you'd like to join the cause and help us fundraise or contribute a donation, check out our Extra Life page!

b5aba05fa270c9b96e5bc80953394874a3b23fd1.jpg

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 16th of Oct at 4 PM EST until Monday the 19th of oct at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Breeding/Maturing
  • 2x XP

Fan Art

Gallimimus by kawarayane

EkU9hjyU0AAxH1O.jpg

Ember by stray-galaxy

ember_by_stray_galaxy_ddyqvnq-fullview.jpg

Outpost by FaFpNd

outpost_by_fafpnd_de703oh-fullview.jpg

Managarmr Watercolor by Marbleschu

managarmr___watercolour_by_marbleschu_de6wrkp-fullview.jpg

Tiamat by ProjectTiamat

EkSyqP4XkAAJA78.jpg

Crystal Wyvern Queen by AnuDoriniTalah

de6l05j-4f507110-a98a-4701-a639-1aaba72744db.jpg

Yutyrannus by sangwiss16

yutyrannus_huali_ark_by_sangwiss16_de6zh1r-fullview.jpg

TEK Raptor Building by skywalker81 (Discord)

unknown.png

Thank you for sharing your ARK-related fan art and creations. We love checking them out and featuring them for our community! 

Catch you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

• Wildcard Community
22 minutes ago, Cyberra said:

And still no fix for Master Controller not dropping his flag, or tek trikes being unable to transfer off Genesis

The team has been making progress on character transfers and there are some updates going in this weekend.  There's also some upcoming fixes in the Fear Evolved patch.

• Thanks 4

Wait xD that art is an Akira reference? That's cool! 

Can't wait for genesis 2! I really want see how ends Rockwell's arch! 

Anyway , as I said to Syntac, the world really needs more people like you guys. These streams for the kids. I'll try to watch it when possible and, if I can, donate. I don't have a job but if I can give something I will 

Edited by MayaPatch
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Thalana said:

I'm really surprised it's just the Stego and Mammoth. Neither striked me as desperately needing a visual upgrade, nor were they suggested a whole lot by the community. A little disappointing. Hopefully some sea creatures get a bit of love soon.

Insect breeding has been getting hinted at and outright shown with two baby mantis’ awhile back.

so there is a third thing it seems but it’s for all insects I think. 

• Like 1