How to start

Izachguy99

1 hour ago, WarpSpasm said:

But I am lazy and can sometimes only play for short sessions of an hour or less, in those sessions it's more time efficient to scout with an argy and pick up anything I want to tame. I mostly do it during colour events to grab any unique dinos for my non-story ark breeding center which I have on Valguero, it's also the only time I map hop.

cool cool fun fun

On 10/16/2020 at 11:20 PM, Izachguy99 said:

Okay I have to start all my stuff over and just joined this so I need suggestions

Pick and choose which engrams you unlock as you level up, you can't learn all of them even on singleplayer, loot drops will give you blueprints for a lot of things including saddles, weapons, armour and building pieces. Level up quickly so you can access the loot drops, you can store the blueprints in your house-dinos until you need them.

On 10/22/2020 at 5:16 AM, Izachguy99 said:

Okay that is the best advice I have been given thanks :)

Soooo basically, level up a bit(10 or so) get the bola, slingshot and club engrams(and campfire spear axe) build a small area with chests and a campfire(no foundations needed) find a trike near a big rock, stand on the rock, shoot the trikes back with slingshot, and KO and tame(bring extra slingshot repair stuff), then get a trike saddle, also remember aim for the back, if you don’t wanna do that, bola a para instead. Get the saddle, gather a lot of berries. Drop all the stimberries(White) to reduce weight. Next, level up, get a smithy, forge and stuff, make metal tools, and a crossbow, and lots of tranq arrows. Bola a reptile bird thing(pteranodon) and shot it with 1 or 2 tranq arrow, should KO it. Tame it with meat, and get it a saddle. Now you can fly, but beware, birdie is weak. Last tip, you don’t need to tame dodos ever.

43 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Last tip, you don’t need to tame dodos ever.

That's a good point. I forgot the kibble system had changed, been about a year since I last played, there are probably lots of things you don't NEED to tame anymore but everyone has their own ideas on what to do or tame. Personally I like to have mesopithecus in party hats sat on my smithy bench with blueprints in their inventories.

7 hours ago, WarpSpasm said:

But I am lazy and can sometimes only play for short sessions of an hour or less, in those sessions it's more time efficient to scout with an argy and pick up anything I want to tame. I mostly do it during colour events to grab any unique dinos for my non-story ark breeding center which I have on Valguero, it's also the only time I map hop.

Fair enough, you can only grab the small guys....Good news is if you have a qutzel, they will also be capable of picking dinos up. Just make absolutely certain your bird has all its points pumped into health and stamina.....You do not want to slowly glide out of the sky to a very angry and allready abuseive wild dino.

On 10/23/2020 at 12:00 PM, Dinobros2000 said:

Soooo basically, level up a bit(10 or so) get the bola, slingshot and club engrams(and campfire spear axe) build a small area with chests and a campfire(no foundations needed) find a trike near a big rock, stand on the rock, shoot the trikes back with slingshot, and KO and tame(bring extra slingshot repair stuff), then get a trike saddle, also remember aim for the back, if you don’t wanna do that, bola a para instead. Get the saddle, gather a lot of berries. Drop all the stimberries(White) to reduce weight. Next, level up, get a smithy, forge and stuff, make metal tools, and a crossbow, and lots of tranq arrows. Bola a reptile bird thing(pteranodon) and shot it with 1 or 2 tranq arrow, should KO it. Tame it with meat, and get it a saddle. Now you can fly, but beware, birdie is weak. Last tip, you don’t need to tame dodos ever.

Okay and I always stand on rocks for tricks in beginning of the game cause they are kinda hard to deal with at the beginning yes dodos never need to be tamed unless you want a omelet

My favorite starting strategy is to not build a base till I can get a raft, then I sail to the island in the lower right corner of the map where there are no carnivors, there I tame an anky then farm metal in peace, unless its pvp then maybe in peace relatively LOL... then you can use the metal to start trading.

1 minute ago, WarpSpasm said:

I tried that once and that's how I discovered that the Leedsichthys eats boats.

Yea that is why you don't wanna stay living on the boat. On pve herb island is almost certainly pillared over so you kinda need the boat initially. On a server with a rude tribe on herb island they might even try to make it so your boat won't be able to get there, or they will use their  beds to stop you from getting a spawn spot. Imhop herb island is a public resource so that kinda behavior should be discouraged in global chat. But eventually ya take your easy metal and what ever you traded it for and get legit established in the main land mass somewheres.

Archived