where is the unstuck command/button for character/raft/tames?

musashi255

playing official pvp btw

i was running back to my body yesterday and got stuck between a rock and the side of a cliff. it wasn't an obscure location, right along the beach so i'm sure it happens to people all the time... of course i tried anything i could think of to get out, but since my food was barely going down and i couldn't even eat my poop, as i was considered to be in mid air, and for some reason this fantasy world dissallows eating while in mid air or underwater despite it being entirely possible irl... also, i thought that if i put it in my toolbar to maybe mash the button to eat it, but it didn't get eaten when in the toolbar? very unintuitive, but i digress... I tried relogging, knocking myself out, etc etc. eventually after passing out only, not by jumping, but when i awoke, while still stuck i was standing. thus i finally ate poop and while carefully not moving, afraid to lose my "standing" status into a perpetual hovering (which does not happen in real life, btw) punched until eventually, i wore down my food until i starved to death.

This took over 30 minutes, and my body disappeared.

Now today, i'm peacefully sailing my raft through the swamp, and oddly enough, i'm stuck. the game allowed me to move onto an invisible little peninsula of land, but will not let me move off of it, interestingly enough.

this boat took hours to build and i have spent over an hour trying to free it so far, typing this as i try relogging now... 

So i'm going to need a moderator or wild card response as to where the "unstuck" button or command is. When i searched the forums, i noticed that this is a common issue and people all seem to need help with it, but no one will tell them where the unstuck command is, they just say things like "it's hopeless. you can try this or that and it might work but otherwise you just lost your tame/boat/whatever"

but i KNOW that for a full priced game that is charging for expansions, they must be mistaken and wild card should be offended that anyone would suggest that they would have such an embarrassing oversight as to not have a simple way to unstuck yourself. I mean they have had that in games for decades now and those are games where the terrain is carefully crafted and thoroughly tested to all but eliminate spots where players can get stuck as opposed to this game in which... it wasn't. Guys, i don't want any crazy response that implies that wild card doesn't care about wasting players time or that players have been asking for this but they still haven't gotten around to it.

Just someone tell us where the unusually hidden unstuck button is, i've lost enough precious time as it is.

Joe is correct, there is no "unstuck" button. Been a couple times I got stuck like you, however the worst is where you get stuck in a crevice of rocks.

Now as far as your boat is concerned, typically you can work them back out of their stuck position, but it can sometimes be better off you just kill the boat off and build a new one......yes, you heard me right. It can be better to build a new one. x.x

If you want to try and fight it tho, just keep turning your ship around and around while trying to sail it forwards. Its going to suck, if your unable to turn it very far or fast, but typically you can get it wriggleing and then you will be able to get it going. But you got to find that wiggle first.

why are you guys being so mean to the developers, of course there is an unstuck button. This is clearly a common issue, there is no way to get immediate help from a GM and it would be silly for them to expect a GM to be constantly unsticking players, and there's no way wild card would put players through this and allow such an embarrassing issue to exist for so long.

can we get confirmation from someone within wild card? this is just too hard to believe.

also, on a somewhat related side note, what is the button for autorun? is it another one of the unlisted unbindable commands?

I've had rafts stuck in ark and gotten them unstuck about 3 times that I can remember. Each time I thought this is it, I've really gotten it stuck and it's never coming out, but I just kept sailing in random directions and eventually it just went. In atlas I got a boat stuck and was immediately told in global it can back up very slowly, so i guess they sorted that out for atlas, but never ported the solution to ark? derps!

Archived