Hide, industrial quantities?

wizard03

Murder anything you see (preferably big things like brontos) with an argy that has a stupidly high amount of melee (More melee= More resources harvested). Keep doing it for an hour and you will have plenty of hide. Also, if you want throw a couple rexes, spino, or giga if you have one (Statted in health and melee) in a forest following each other on aggressive. Leave them there and come back after an hour and you'll have lots of hide! :)

18 minutes ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Murder anything you see (preferably big things like brontos) with an argy that has a stupidly high amount of melee (More melee= More resources harvested). Keep doing it for an hour and you will have plenty of hide. Also, if you want throw a couple rexes, spino, or giga if you have one (Statted in health and melee) in a forest following each other on aggressive. Leave them there and come back after an hour and you'll have lots of hide! :)

So why would you recommend an argy of all things instead of a rex or a giga or even a chainsaw? Also if you leave dinos alone in a forest and no one is around to render them they will accomplish nothing and you will come back to no hide.

Chainsaw is best tool. A good theri works well too.

just genocide anything, sheep, paracers, sauropods, rexes, ect. Snow biomes have a lot of big dinos (mammoths/rhinos). The river on abberation, highlands on rag, and extinction supply drops are my main hide sources. 

I honestly just outsource my hide farming. Metal is so much easier to get than hide.

2 hours ago, Piffguru said:

So why would you recommend an argy of all things instead of a rex or a giga or even a chainsaw? Also if you leave dinos alone in a forest and no one is around to render them they will accomplish nothing and you will come back to no hide.

I recommended an argy because everyone else would say chainsaw. And I was expecting that he played on an official server or something, but yeah, if in SP then the rendering stuff is a problem

Thylacoleo is one of the best creatures in the game rated for hide. That being said, their DPS and damage can be a bit to be desired. However, if you have a REALLY high melee/health one, they work excellently. My high melee thyla is how I've been gathering insane amounts of hide.

Other than that, rex, giga, therizinosaur, chainsaw, just go to town. If you raise babies aand have to meat farm, save all the hide :P

2 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

I recommended an argy because everyone else would say chainsaw. And I was expecting that he played on an official server or something, but yeah, if in SP then the rendering stuff is a problem

Yea but of all the creatures an argy would take forever to meat run with. A spino/rex or any big carnivore like that would be worlds better. And the rendering issue I speak of was in reference to official online play actually, it still works the same if no one is there then the creatures are all in stasis not killing anything. I guess if its just an extremely popular server with tons of people passing by his aggressive dinos rendering them then it might have some limited success but its still not an efficient way to do it in my opinion.

13 hours ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Just curious, what will you be doing with those megalos? Boss Fights?

Sadly Im fairly aware of this tactic, I need more hide and in a faster way than what the argy can do. As for the rex's and gigas, Im on SP and don't think they will harvest much unless I have them rendered constantly. So thats also a problem.
As for megalos, everyone says that they attempt to clamp down onto bosses instead of attacking unless someone is riding them. Since Im on single player, I only have myself and a second player in split screen, so unless they changed they way a megalo attacks, no bosses. =/

12 hours ago, zero064 said:

Dunno how much you're looking for, but I've always found harvesting sheep in the white cliffs area generates a ton of hide (using a good chainsaw of course).

I have noticed this too, and do have some sheep I can breed, but Id hate to waste the mutton. =/ If it works though, we gonna be having babies!

6 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

If free to move across maps, take a power Theri into the Rag Ice Cave. Just keep killing Deathworms and use the Theri bite attack to harvest pure hide.

I did not know you could harvest pure hide with theri.......dats interdasting.....

Current situation to help you guys is I am in SE with a secound player, and we are offline.....and the reason for the industrial amounts of hide is due to the ascendent saddle for the megalos.....25k for each saddle, and Iv bred up about 6 of em....anyone got a spare 200k hide? XD

1 hour ago, LordRyot said:

What my tribe and I used to do is breed sheep. An imp Ovis with about 40-50 levelling points into hp (easy to get levels when in cryo) gave us about 10k hide using a decent chainsaw. You might not even need to breed them, just tame and level should work just as well

I allways have a set of mates....island and scorched earth, If found boys n girls.....be a shame to waste all that mutton tho, and dear lord the amount of wool. x.x
Well, if I got BP's for fur clothing, guess Ill cook it up while Im at it. XD

Any clue as to what I should do with the sudden and massive amount of mutton I will soon have?

12 hours ago, wizard03 said:

I did not know you could harvest pure hide with theri.......dats interdasting.....

Yep and pure pelt off of at least Yuty's. I raised X Yuty's for a bit. I'd kill off the weak links (most) and harvest with Theri. Capped a tek dedi and sold off another 300 slots worth. 

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Yep and pure pelt off of at least Yuty's. I raised X Yuty's for a bit. I'd kill off the weak links (most) and harvest with Theri. Capped a tek dedi and sold off another 300 slots worth. 

will keep that in mind, Granted I am keeping the mutton cause if nothing else, pig food, but as for deathworms, bronto's and such.........BERRY INTERDASTING!

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2020 at 10:18 PM, AirplaneSlider said:

Still same issue on officials. If there is noone rendering them they are in stasis and not getting anything done.

Archived