Does Wildcard pay attention to us?

warcryr

On 4/27/2016 at 4:25 PM, Casanova said:

YES...

Is Foundation/Pillar griefing ever going to be addressed? Especially on PVE? Is it very difficult to add variables such as foundations or pillars with no connected structures decay at an extremely rapid rate? It is silly when someone pillars or foundations an entire map because they are bitter or about to leave the server or for whatever reason. The cost to destroy said structures far outweigh the cost to create the structures. And in PVE, you cannot destroy them at all. Whether people want to defend the idea of pillar/foundation spamming or not, the concept is silly and ruins the game.

There are tons of ways that Wildcard can implement simple features into their product that would make a more enjoyable gaming environment. A lot of which have not been addressed since release (as far as I know, and I very may well be).

Thanks.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ProjectDanny said:

Nope they do not listen to us at all since day 1 I have been saying to them make a Damn Que system so we don't have to spam A button to join a server

I got a game I paid for but can't play this is stupid all because they don't add server que

It's simple click server you want click join wait in que.... job done... It's that simple

But they don't listen to us or care so whatever...

Do you remember that it used to be "A, left, left, A"? to get into a server? then they just made it into a noob fighting game! "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" No lefts needed! the Que system may come, it may not, but it has been improved :) 

I got a game I paid for but can't play this is stupid all because they don't add server que

You can't play the game? That's weird, there must be some odd glitch preventing you from playing the other few hundred servers...

It's simple click server you want click join wait in que.... job done... It's that simple

Well, if you like, you can get in touch with WC and give them your work on this very simple system. :)

2 hours ago, warcryr said:

What's weird?  

I just felt bad for those people that suffer from motion sickness and thought I could help them out by posting something.  I'm glad that they got a response.

The weird thing was the fact that it was being addressed despite your assertion that they don't care enough to fix player-driven issues.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else come to the forum to post another great suggestion, and then turn back because you feel like you're wasting your breath? 

It would be nice if WC could mark entire Suggestions posts as "out of scope", or "interested", or "not gonna happen", or "leave it to modders", or "irrelevant to ARK", or "already getting implemented" or anything that's easy for WC to provide feedback without having to spend time writing a response post.

I'm sure they at least read a small fraction of them (or at least i hope to dream that they do). But for the most part seem to totally hate posting on there, you will see a whole lot more dev posting on steam, twitter and reddit than youll ever see here. I do hope it will change one day since this is the official forum after all, but as of yet, the best we usually get are links / quote that dev posted on other medium.

On 5/2/2016 at 2:29 AM, ProjectDanny said:

Nope they do not listen to us at all since day 1 I have been saying to them make a Damn Que system so we don't have to spam A button to join a server

At least you want to play I'm your server. I have up on official servers because they have no intention of fixing the ability to play the game. Even though there's options like no cave building, no resource blocking, they won't enable it so New players never get past stone. Made My own server on a spare computer and it looks like a totally different game. There's creatures because pillars, traps, and plant x aren't killing them right away. Worse yet no server reset ever? I don't know how they expect anyone new to play when/if release happens. Regardless of how its ignored 100% of the time, alpha tribes are a major game breaking issue. Can fight back if your not allowed to build anything.

On ‎2‎-‎5‎-‎2016 at 11:29 AM, ProjectDanny said:

Full servers? Where?

On 4/27/2016 at 4:25 PM, Casanova said:

YES...

I could never do PR/forum moderation/community manager stuff.

At best I'd have managed a "YES... but you're not my primary concern."

They do seem to have people that make a point of letting us know they're paying attention.  At least if these forums, reddit, and twitter are any indication.

9 hours ago, perk8504 said:

nope, they don't pay any attention

the addition of PVE, ORP, game balancing, changing their plans for the snow biome expansion, etc....were all coincidental

no it was not a coincidence. but it was also complained about on every other medium. There is no way to know if they saw it because they read their official website, or because someone sent them a twitter message. 

They read the site. I posted a how to produce the harvest bug in single player on this forum, and within 4 days they had tracked it down and fixed it. Never got thanked for it, probably was my 'attitude' in the post. I was just super excited to finally figure the thing out, didn't consider the tone it might be read in. Oh well. I keep posting possible solutions to things, it's in their hands whether to accept those suggestions or not.

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 7:45 PM, warcryr said:

Mining Head Wobble

Seems to bother a lot of people.

I guess it's one thing to pay attention, another to actually care/do anything about it.  Not to be a jerk, but I think there are more important things to the fans than centipedes atm.

like the excessive amounts of lag.... it hasn't got any attention.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 5:14 AM, warcryr said:

There are a TON of great suggestions and feedback in these forums.  

But... I haven't really seen a sign that Wildcard even knows this forum exists other than the release notes.   When I joined I had hope that I could help make a change for the better, but it feels like a waste of time.

I keep up with the game's release notes on a daily/weekly basis, and from the suggestions and feedback I've read on here, I don't know if any of this forum's content it is getting incorporated into the game (or any sign of consideration).  I understand they are crazy busy,  but some of the feedback here seems too good to ignore (like game breaking stuff).

Does Wildcard pay attention to us?

Now go to reddit, twitter, steam forums(which are 1000% more active than here posts wise), their discord, their mumble and a few other places and say the same thing so a dev can respond there.

And the answer is yes, sometimes much to their chagrin. :P

OK, so it seems that WC does listen.  They are just picking things that are most fun to implement.

Would you rather create a giant beaver, or fix lag issues?   Giant beaver.

Or there's an abundance of artists and a shortage of developers.

I think that what is frustrating is that there's no feedback on a lot of things.  If there's an interesting/great suggestion in the forum that goes months and months of back and forth between community members, but Wildcard has absolutely no interest and hasn't said anything, I'm betting people would want to know if they're spinning their wheels.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived