Does Wildcard pay attention to us?

warcryr

There are a TON of great suggestions and feedback in these forums.  

But... I haven't really seen a sign that Wildcard even knows this forum exists other than the release notes.   When I joined I had hope that I could help make a change for the better, but it feels like a waste of time.

I keep up with the game's release notes on a daily/weekly basis, and from the suggestions and feedback I've read on here, I don't know if any of this forum's content it is getting incorporated into the game (or any sign of consideration).  I understand they are crazy busy,  but some of the feedback here seems too good to ignore (like game breaking stuff).

Does Wildcard pay attention to us?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Casanova said:

YES...

Then why no feedback at all about landscape alterations untill 1min after Patch Moment?

Example: the upcoming ruins, they obviously know where they are going to be placed, why don't they make a post where these ~approximately~ are going to be patched in?

Untill now; it's always "we are going to release THIS" in the notes, it gets postponed 5x, then it suddenly goes Live and then wait till someone's hard work gets destroyed without any prior notification on the forum/site.

It's been like this from the start.

I doubt your statement that they are actually reading these forums and using it other then just pasting 'upcoming features'.

They could....SHOULD do more with it.

2 minutes ago, NukeZX said:

Then why no feedback at all about landscape alterations untill 1min after Patch Moment?

Example: the upcoming ruins, they obviously know where they are going to be placed, why don't they make a post where these ~approximately~ are going to be patched in?

Untill now; it's always "we are going to release THIS" in the notes, it gets postponed 5x, then it suddenly goes Live and then wait till someone's hard work gets destroyed without any prior notification on the forum/site.

It's been like this from the start.

I doubt your statement that they are actually reading these forums and using it other then just pasting 'upcoming features'.

They could....SHOULD do more with it.

The last time they did any major landscape alterations they gave a map and plenty of warning beforehand before the update went live. That was the biome update. The ruins aren't that big and you're supposed to find them. If they posted where all the locations were before even releasing the update with them then that defeats the purpose of them being hidden.

They have been quite responsive to players IMO but usually only respond in the Q&As that they post on in the news section, not in threads here on the forums.  I suspect they check in on the forums from time to time and have a good idea of what we're talking about.  If they commented more people would just start demanding dev responses to everything so it's a good idea to remain somewhat distant.

It would be cool if we could have a poll to vote on the most pressing or relevant discussions that Wildcard hasn't acknowledged.  Then Wildcard can give feedback for all of the "top" discussions in one post.  Sort of like a digest.

Because some of these discussions are really long, and it could be because they never get closure or come to any conclusion.  

14 minutes ago, warcryr said:

It would be cool if we could have a poll to vote on the most pressing or relevant discussions that Wildcard hasn't acknowledged.  Then Wildcard can give feedback for all of the "top" discussions in one post.  Sort of like a digest.

Because some of these discussions are really long, and it could be because they never get closure or come to any conclusion.  

i find this to be a good idea.  let the crowd push up what could/should be done.

**Disclaimer, i know that not everything can be done at a certain time, or to fix one thing, something else must precede it

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, warcryr said:

Sort of like a digest.

they already do this, but they choose the questions they want to answer. its an interesting premise to have community voted topics, i like that, but i dont really see that happening...never know tho i suppose.

1 hour ago, warcryr said:

This. 

There should be a way to vote on suggestion topics, and if there are enough votes a WC employee should get a notification to look at it, and hopefully respond. 

I'm willing g to bet that there's also least one "eureka" in the suggestions thread that would be implemented into the game if someone had just seen it. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Wildcard does indeed listen. The fact that a good amount of our testers come from the playerbase is one that points towards developers wanting to hear what players have to say. Another is a slew of balances that have come out of gauging player feedback, and another still is the inclusion of at least two creatures into the game that were never planned for up until player demand for them piqued their interest.

I do agree that there should be some sort of poll for the more important matters that are going on. While I do like that they compose a digest and give us the chance to ask questions that in turn possibly get answered, some (ehem; most) of the answers are not the one's we are looking for.

I understand that the developers are far too busy to manage answering every important question, and we'd miss out on knowing about some cool future content, but I feel like half of the digest should be composed more of the developers' input on the community's most important discussion, rather than them being all about upcoming features. It would at the very least ease the community, being that most of he community feels that they are being ignored.

11 minutes ago, warcryr said:

Mining Head Wobble

Seems to bother a lot of people.

I guess it's one thing to pay attention, another to actually care/do anything about it.  Not to be a jerk, but I think there are more important things to the fans than centipedes atm.

Wierd:

I'll add a client option to disable melee camera animation (aka Mining Wobble) in v240 :) 

All the best,
Jeremy

One thing to remember is that game development pipelines don't work the way you suggest. They don't just stop working on something that they've budgeted time for, anywhere, and because time is a zero sum equation, fixes and suggestion based additions have to be fit in a schedule carefully.

• Administrator

We'll try to implement a running community ranked issues/features priority list in the coming weeks. No guarantees on when we'll execute on them, but it will certainly help us prioritize internally as we balance community-important issues with the design & implementation of new content and completion of the game itself :) 

Cheers,
Jeremy

Nope they do not listen to us at all since day 1 I have been saying to them make a Damn Que system so we don't have to spam A button to join a server

I got a game I paid for but can't play this is stupid all because they don't add server que

It's simple click server you want click join wait in que.... job done... It's that simple

But they don't listen to us or care so whatever...

1 hour ago, ProjectDanny said:

Nope they do not listen to us at all since day 1 I have been saying to them make a Damn Que system so we don't have to spam A button to join a server

I got a game I paid for but can't play this is stupid all because they don't add server que

It's simple click server you want click join wait in que.... job done... It's that simple

But they don't listen to us or care so whatever...

Not true...they do listen... But you're probably determined to believe they are not despite the evidence around you?   :/

12 hours ago, NagohShan said:

Wierd:

One thing to remember is that game development pipelines don't work the way you suggest. They don't just stop working on something that they've budgeted time for, anywhere, and because time is a zero sum equation, fixes and suggestion based additions have to be fit in a schedule carefully.

What's weird?  

I just felt bad for those people that suffer from motion sickness and thought I could help them out by posting something.  I'm glad that they got a response.

• Chris locked this topic

Archived