Theris vs Dodorex

HoganRyan01

36 minutes ago, HoganRyan01 said:

I'm preparing for the Dodorex. Will my theris do the trick? How many should I bring? My mutated line of theris is currently at like 15 mutations. (60 HP and 50 MD). I do not have any good saddle blueprints as they are exetremely rare for some reason for me.

You have absolutely GOT to get those saddle blueprints......we are talking alpha dragon setups here

47 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

You have absolutely GOT to get those saddle blueprints......we are talking alpha dragon setups here

How can I get the theri saddles bps? I've been running the swamp cave trying to get them. Also, fishing loot doesn't seem to have them. I'm doing a sort of "story mode" so I can't go to the next ARK before completing all the ARKs. Still on the island 2 years later haha.

Bring a deinonychus. Or an allo pack if a deinon isn't available. A dodorex can have 2 million hp if you're particularly unlucky but the deinonychus doesn't care. 

They just have to nip at its tail and it can be your solo damage output, you just need beefy herbivores to tank it. My plan is to bring a gasbags. They take so little damage that only the fire % damage will cause issue. Cakes should hold it off long enough for the deinon to work its magic, assuming the gasbag can keep aggro.

39 minutes ago, millwight said:

I've got ascended therizino BP on extinction doing purple drops.

I mentioned in the reply above that that I am doing a sort of "story mode" so I don't have access to Extinction as I am on the Island.

19 minutes ago, Thyme said:

Bring a deinonychus. Or an allo pack if a deinon isn't available. A dodorex can have 2 million hp if you're particularly unlucky but the deinonychus doesn't care. 

They just have to nip at its tail and it can be your solo damage output, you just need beefy herbivores to tank it. My plan is to bring a gasbags. They take so little damage that only the fire % damage will cause issue. Cakes should hold it off long enough for the deinon to work its magic, assuming the gasbag can keep aggro.

I thought the Dodorex only spawned at level 1 and only had 666,666.6 HP? and yeah, deinons not available as I am still on the island :) I'll take a look and see what kind of Allos I have.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, HoganRyan01 said:

I thought the Dodorex only spawned at level 1 and only had 666,666.6 HP?

I believe that's correct.

You could take a Yuti along to add support to the Theriz. I've considered doing it myself too, but not sure whether i'll use cakes or not, don't really know if I can be bothered to make a load of them.

1 minute ago, GP said:

I believe that's correct.

You could take a Yuti along to add support to the Theriz. I've considered doing it myself too, but not sure whether i'll use cakes or not, don't really know if I can be bothered to make a load of them.

I was thinking I could bring like 10 theris and a few allos for the bleed. Bring a yuty for the buff and have the fight happen in the water where it cannot do it's fire breath. Would this work?

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, HoganRyan01 said:

I was thinking I could bring like 10 theris and a few allos for the bleed. Bring a yuty for the buff and have the fight happen in the water where it cannot do it's fire breath. Would this work?

Does water prevent the fire breath then? I've never properly fought it so not sure.

17 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

How can I get the theri saddles bps? I've been running the swamp cave trying to get them. Also, fishing loot doesn't seem to have them. I'm doing a sort of "story mode" so I can't go to the next ARK before completing all the ARKs. Still on the island 2 years later haha.

Iv gotten "better" theri saddles from the northern end of the map, out of a red supply drop. If you camp or set up a base up north, Iv seen many more red drops from the northern end of the island map than on the south beaches or even in the middle of the map.

With this said, theri saddles CANNOT be fished, they are only available in red orbitals, red swamp, and all underwater caves, but they are NOT in the deep sea loot crates.

1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

Iv gotten "better" theri saddles from the northern end of the map, out of a red supply drop. If you camp or set up a base up north, Iv seen many more red drops from the northern end of the island map than on the south beaches or even in the middle of the map.

With this said, theri saddles CANNOT be fished, they are only available in red orbitals, red swamp, and all underwater caves, but they are NOT in the deep sea loot crates.

Thank you. I live at exactly 50,50 on The Island in a redwood tree but haven't had much luck with drops haha. I frequent the swamp cave but seem to just get like water pipes and electrical generator blueprints in the red drops :/

3 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

Thank you. I live at exactly 50,50 on The Island in a redwood tree but haven't had much luck with drops haha. I frequent the swamp cave but seem to just get like water pipes and electrical generator blueprints in the red drops :/

typically the same here....you may have to hit 20 red drops before you find anything good. If your playing single player, I strongly advise turning the loot crate drop quality up in the settings. Its not cheating, trust me, you will still have to work and bust your butt off to find a theri saddle. But you will not be chasseing your tail forever on the matter.

If your on a server, might try to get a bit lucky with the lipo....but its no safe bet

Best way of hitting the drops is to get a high stamina argy, go to the blue oblesk ontop of the mountain, and keep your eye's peeled....there are three drops beside the skylord cave that can spawn in red. There is one up on the mountain itself, tho its usually purple, a couple along the river thats right there, going eastwards is a couple towards the center north mountain, and finally carno island has one that pops in red from time to time.

My main go to for a big base is usually 10, 10 ish area. Not only sweet drops, but org poly is close by, crystal, obsidian, metal, and taming up a yuty is as easy as stepping outside and shooting tranq darts blindly. XD

On 10/15/2020 at 12:56 PM, wizard03 said:

typically the same here....you may have to hit 20 red drops before you find anything good. If your playing single player, I strongly advise turning the loot crate drop quality up in the settings. Its not cheating, trust me, you will still have to work and bust your butt off to find a theri saddle. But you will not be chasseing your tail forever on the matter.

If your on a server, might try to get a bit lucky with the lipo....but its no safe bet

Best way of hitting the drops is to get a high stamina argy, go to the blue oblesk ontop of the mountain, and keep your eye's peeled....there are three drops beside the skylord cave that can spawn in red. There is one up on the mountain itself, tho its usually purple, a couple along the river thats right there, going eastwards is a couple towards the center north mountain, and finally carno island has one that pops in red from time to time.

My main go to for a big base is usually 10, 10 ish area. Not only sweet drops, but org poly is close by, crystal, obsidian, metal, and taming up a yuty is as easy as stepping outside and shooting tranq darts blindly. XD

I would turn up the loot quality but it would feel like cheating to me haha

10 hours ago, Luewen said:

Remember armor doesnt do anything against the flame breath.

this is true, but its to help with the other attacks that come into play. Every little bit adds up

On 10/17/2020 at 9:44 AM, HoganRyan01 said:

I would turn up the loot quality but it would feel like cheating to me haha

You would be supprised.....even at 500% I had to raid the underwater cave about 6 times before I finally got ahold of a mastercraft yuty saddle.

8 hours ago, Qwertymine said:

Lure it into the water with some tanky herbi, swarm it with Mosas. Easy clap

Probably one of the smartest ways of dealing with one. Just not sure if people would feel like its a fair fight if you went that route. Also not sure if it would work against the dodowyvren. 

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Probably one of the smartest ways of dealing with one. Just not sure if people would feel like its a fair fight if you went that route. Also not sure if it would work against the dodowyvren. 

Don't know why it has to be a fair fight, it's a creature with 666,666 base health, crazy damage, and insane regeneration. If the devs cared about a "fair fight" against the Dodorex they would've made you fight it in an Obelisk like the other bosses. 

Dodowyern will always require different tactics, and you can't really use Mosas on Scorched, so that point is kinda moot. 

12 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Think my tribemate and myself are going to use a 80k hp Diplo as a tank while he hammers it with a Deino. See how that fares. 

Unless youre in the water the HP means nothing as the fire is % based damage.

On 10/19/2020 at 4:54 AM, Qwertymine said:

Lure it into the water with some tanky herbi, swarm it with Mosas. Easy clap

I dont have a mosa but I have a good Tuso. Should I bring that?

Archived