Dalanna

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello,

where to start i was doing the alpha manticore boss on scorched we were doing alpha me and my tribemates then when the manticore was almost dead it just randomly vanished and there was still 15 minutes left in the boss fight we had all our rexs still but lost trophies im wondering if theres anything we can do about this i got a clip of it vanished with 14 minutes still left on timer and as you can see me looking around 

Every time I do the boss fight on Valguero, on any difficulty, the manticore will not land on the ground the vast majority of the fight. It will dive down, make contact and either stick face down for 1 to 2 seconds before lifting off again, or it will tap the ground and fly back up immediately. I have tried several things to get it to land properly with little or no success:

leave a single dino exposed while rest stay clustered
hide under rock overhang
hide under rock overhang with 1-2 dinos exposed
move all dinos to stairs/starting area with 1-2 dinos exposed (either at base of stairs, mid arena, or at far side of arena from entry)
move all dinos into a cluster at stairs
move dinos into a cluster anywhere

my last alpha fight ended with 30 seconds remaining. The first two bosses were down in the first 5-10 minutes. The final  nearly 20 minutes were shotguns and rexs attempting to bite when he would come down and bounce off the ground.

I have lost multiple armies to this issue and running out of time due to the manticore being broken.

This would be less of an issue if element were awarded if he is killed in the air with weaponry, but since he automatically disappears on death there is no way to get the element unless killed by a dino, making a third of the fight completely pointless.

This has been going on since the first boss attempt I made when transfers were closed and still persists now.

• 4 weeks later...

This is the 3rd time now and I have had enough, This needs to be fixed now! Anyone notice that the manticore doesn't land in boss arenas if the server is lagy? 

Its not even fun you go do boss fight in Val... nail the dragon kill the Big ape, have 20mins to spare now just the manticore... and it just flys around, land for 10 seconds then flys away again for 8 mins lands for 10 sec and ow look flys away again. It not fun to invest all that time into saddles getting the mats for the boss fight and raising the dinos only to loose the fight because your boss doesnt land due to there's 20 people on the server. It works fine when theres like no server lag

• 3 weeks later...

Holy cow you guys still have not fixed the Manticore glitch in the Forgotten Oasis? That glitches so old I assumed it was fixed by now. Manticore still fails to land and hovers way up in the air so that you cannot kill it. Would be nice if I could get all my stuff back but that won't happen so the least you could do is fix the stupid Manticore glitch already!!!!

On 7/15/2019 at 11:53 AM, GreenRoc said:

My friends doing a test run on Val told me they failed to win the boss fight because "maticore just flies in the same place"

This needs to be fixed.

This bug still is not fixed. Same thing happened to us today. It gets stuck in one spot in the air and nothing will bring it down. If they can't fix the flight AI then they need to replace it with something that will land or doesn't get stuck in the air... Get rid of the stupid Manticore for God's sake it's broken

• 2 weeks later...

I encountered this bug the first time I tried the boss fight with a group and we failed.

But every time since, we have beaten it because we bring the appropriate gear.

Not that I am making excuses, but if I were a manticore and there was a baker's dozen of boss rexes snapping at me on the ground, I wouldn't land either.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bumping this thread because I just lost my boss team for the second time on official due to manticore bugging.

I've done the alpha fight on this at 15-20 times successfully.  I know the fight and  my tames are more than enough to beat the fight I have 100k health 1500-2k melee rexes.

But out of those times I've been wiped three times. once due to a disconnect and twice now due to the manticore bugging in midair.

Yes, I know to bring shotguns and ammo.  I have a 298 asc shotgun but this doesnt help when the manticore bugs at high altitude out of range of the shotgun.

The run I just did I dropped the dragon and megapethicus in 5 minutes but spent the rest of the fight trying to get the bugging manticore to land unsuccessfully.

In the last five minutes it literally bugged facing downward mid dive n the middle of the  arena at very high altitude not moving at all.

At this point I'm kind of expecting it to happen so I'm not too upset about losing my tames. Whats more irritating is losing 20 ascendant saddles.

As others have said you can tell theres something wrong with the pathing because what seems to make it bug is it taking damage before it lands.

It would be really nice if you guys fixed the pathing on this boss.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, StinkyFingerton said:

Manicore bugged and couldnt land or even move. I lost my entire force, 17 rexes, 2 pigs and an xyuti and all my gear/armor on a gamma fight! 

Is there someway to submit a support ticket on this confusing and poorly laid out forum?

https://support.survivetheark.com

• 2 weeks later...

We just did the manticore on SE for like the 20th time. We usually just do it once and then go but we decided to do it two times in a row  (fun right) the first time was okay but the second time 1. The rexes were 1/2 torpor straight away and 2. The manticore didn't land for a full ten minutes. After not landing for 12 mins it's finally landed and stayed grounded long enough for us to get it lower than 1/2 and another 2 mins for it to land and us to be able to kill it.

Archived