Megalosaurus, hit me with that sweet info?

wizard03

So I just came out of a cave with a lvl 140 male, and 130 female....whats these Megalosaurus, what are they good for on SP mode, why should I give a crap about the 109 ascendant saddle for them I found in this little nook?

If a dev see's this, tricky tricky guys, this is the third time I heard the noise in this cave, but first time I found the crate. 
https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/wizardo3/video/112728203

7 minutes ago, zero064 said:

Do they have any use since the new kibble system came in?

I've never seen anybody use them for much. Somebody in my tribe tamed a couple on Extinction a couple months ago. All I ever see them doing is sleeping. A lot.

Seems to be their main thing. XD But with that said, they are super OP during night time......they can destroy a lvl 50 rex at lvl 1 o.O
Maybe boss's? If nothing else, cave smashers.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

Seems to be their main thing. XD But with that said, they are super OP during night time......they can destroy a lvl 50 rex at lvl 1 o.O
Maybe boss's? If nothing else, cave smashers.

Forget them for bosses unless you have riders. If you don't, then they are useless. Their AI will attempt to grab their target (even if their target is 100 times bigger) more often than not dealing little to no damage.

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Forget them for bosses unless you have riders. If you don't, then they are useless. Their AI will attempt to grab their target (even if their target is 100 times bigger) more often than not dealing little to no damage.

Even with that though, people have solo'ed island dragon , on official servers, using a full team of them while sitting back on a zino ordering them around.  Event with the alt attack preference, they do so much damage w/ their main attack (at night) it is pretty overwhelming when the melee is high enough.

I did try using them on single player at night time, and half of them still curled up into balls and slept, so I'd say that using them on single player would be more limited to just as a rider.  BUt - as a rider, vs something else and you run it at nighttime, it would be one of the strongest mounts you could ride into battle on.

Base Damage comparisons  (ex. 65 BD x 300% MD( Melee Damage) = 65x3.00 = 195 Total Damage)

Rex                    65

Therizino           52

Megalosaurus   75   or 1 since it will use alt attack mostly.

Its not all that clear to me if that 75 on megas is daytime value or after the night buff.   The gamepedia page on it shows both day and night values as 75 which makes little sense to me, unless the buff it gets at night is purely related to attack speed and stamina drain.  That sorta makes more sense in that it attacks more than 2x as fast w/ the main attack at night, and that's right around the multiplier I read on some post somewhere about it's night buff. 

So 75 doesn't seem like much more than 65, but the attack speed at night would strike more than 2x as often in the same amount of time.  It also is greater than what a therizino can dish out w/ it's base damage and attack speed, but the therizino can eat cakes and that makes it much more attractive.

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

well that stinks. I was hoping these guys would be a whole lot more useful because of how hard they are to find, let alone a level high enough to be worth taming aaaaand specifically only being useful for a small amount of time in the game. x.x
With that said tho, could you imagine a full blown tribe of 20 going to work on the brood mother with these guys?

9 hours ago, wizard03 said:

well that stinks. I was hoping these guys would be a whole lot more useful because of how hard they are to find, let alone a level high enough to be worth taming aaaaand specifically only being useful for a small amount of time in the game. x.x
With that said tho, could you imagine a full blown tribe of 20 going to work on the brood mother with these guys?

No, cos only 10 players can go in for each boss fight so only max of 10 will be ridden.

21 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Even with that though, people have solo'ed island dragon , on official servers, using a full team of them while sitting back on a zino ordering them around.  Event with the alt attack preference, they do so much damage w/ their main attack (at night) it is pretty overwhelming when the melee is high enough.

I did try using them on single player at night time, and half of them still curled up into balls and slept, so I'd say that using them on single player would be more limited to just as a rider.  BUt - as a rider, vs something else and you run it at nighttime, it would be one of the strongest mounts you could ride into battle on.

Base Damage comparisons  (ex. 65 BD x 300% MD( Melee Damage) = 65x3.00 = 195 Total Damage)

Rex                    65

Therizino           52

Megalosaurus   75   or 1 since it will use alt attack mostly.

Its not all that clear to me if that 75 on megas is daytime value or after the night buff.   The gamepedia page on it shows both day and night values as 75 which makes little sense to me, unless the buff it gets at night is purely related to attack speed and stamina drain.  That sorta makes more sense in that it attacks more than 2x as fast w/ the main attack at night, and that's right around the multiplier I read on some post somewhere about it's night buff. 

So 75 doesn't seem like much more than 65, but the attack speed at night would strike more than 2x as often in the same amount of time.  It also is greater than what a therizino can dish out w/ it's base damage and attack speed, but the therizino can eat cakes and that makes it much more attractive.

It's not totally important, I guess, but seems like a number comparison should have Rex base damage at 62, not 65.  :)

@wizard03 when on Aberration, Abberant Megalosaurus are your best friend to ride.  Unridden, as said a few times, they hit for I think 10 damage because the damned AI spams the grab-attack.  Even against bosses.  There is a guy who wrote a mod for Megalos to bind the grab-attack to the "Special AI Attacks" attack-set (don't know if you've seen this option on radial wheel menu, but it says Allow Special AI Attacks, or something close to this).  Needless to say, he took a pack of these special Megalos to Island Dragon fight, and shredded the Dragon to ribbons because they attack fast, and hard.  But, they remain unfixed, so sadly, normal Megalos have almost no role.  Aberrant though, as I said, whole different story.

14 hours ago, Castlerock said:

No, cos only 10 players can go in for each boss fight so only max of 10 will be ridden.

my bad.

6 hours ago, TheDonn said:

It's not totally important, I guess, but seems like a number comparison should have Rex base damage at 62, not 65.  :)

@wizard03 when on Aberration, Abberant Megalosaurus are your best friend to ride.  Unridden, as said a few times, they hit for I think 10 damage because the damned AI spams the grab-attack.  Even against bosses.  There is a guy who wrote a mod for Megalos to bind the grab-attack to the "Special AI Attacks" attack-set (don't know if you've seen this option on radial wheel menu, but it says Allow Special AI Attacks, or something close to this).  Needless to say, he took a pack of these special Megalos to Island Dragon fight, and shredded the Dragon to ribbons because they attack fast, and hard.  But, they remain unfixed, so sadly, normal Megalos have almost no role.  Aberrant though, as I said, whole different story.

Yeah, I could have figured someone did a mod somewhere for these guys, but since Im on xbox, probably doesn't mean jack squat for me. And I don't think I seen any sort of "special AI attack" or the sorts. I will adjust their harvest settings and such in hopes that it encourages their non grab attacks, but if push comes to shove, cave runs shouldn't be too much of a problem now.

On 10/15/2020 at 2:08 AM, wizard03 said:

my bad.

Yeah, I could have figured someone did a mod somewhere for these guys, but since Im on xbox, probably doesn't mean jack squat for me. And I don't think I seen any sort of "special AI attack" or the sorts. I will adjust their harvest settings and such in hopes that it encourages their non grab attacks, but if push comes to shove, cave runs shouldn't be too much of a problem now.

Oh, I didn't phrase it fully the right way I think.  I meant to say, on some dinos you might see a radial wheel option to allow special AI attacks.  I didn't mean to suggest the Megalosaurus has the option hahaha!  Sorry if it was confusing.

4 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Oh, I didn't phrase it fully the right way I think.  I meant to say, on some dinos you might see a radial wheel option to allow special AI attacks.  I didn't mean to suggest the Megalosaurus has the option hahaha!  Sorry if it was confusing.

na, its allright....the only special options on the radial wheel is the ability to keep them awake in the daytime......doesn't keep them awake very long tho

Archived