Official PvE Server Desync: problems and work-arounds?

GreenRoc

Today more than once Official Server PvE is losing track of where I am in the game. Luckily, I was near a tame when the server lost track of me, so I was able to mount her and restore the server's memory of where my survivor is.

Anyone know of other work-arounds if the server loses track of me when I am not near a tame?
I do not want to "relog" because I run into the annoying login-lock.

Edit:
Changed title

Also experienced this the other day. This is more commonly called desync. It occurred to me after an areneo shot me with webbing in the Life's Labyrinth dungeon on Ragnarok. Things were hitting me and killing me even though I was nowhere near the wild animals in the dungeon, and I couldn't pull out weapons or anything to defend myself. Obviously, relogging wasn't an option since I was being actively killed. I spammed med brews hoping my dimorphs would save me before I died, but alas... Lost a lot of high-quality gear. I had grown a little cocky as I had ran this cave many, many, MANY times solo without issue, and it had been a long, long time since I ran into desync after getting hit with araneo webbing (sometimes will happen after getting hit with the bola traps, too). 

My guess is that desync issues are extremely complicated to fix and therefore, I wouldn't expect a fix anytime soon. As well as avoiding araneo webbing and bolas, I would suggest avoiding picking up/demolishing ladders while climbing them -- I did this often while building a while back and suddenly, I was having desync issues constantly. Started ensuring I jumped off the ladders before picking them back up/demoing them, and suddenly, desync issues are gone.

Anyway, I hope some of that was helpful. Other than that, when desync occurs, aside from the 'fixes' you've found, relogging is the only way to reset it properly. As long as you back out to the main menu normally as opposed to force-closing the game though, you shouldn't get hit with login-lock...

• GreenRoc changed the title to Official PvE Server Desync: problems and work-arounds?
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, GreenRoc said:

ty Slvr for the word desync, I wasnt sure what it was called.
Twice I desync'd when I walked behind my Argent tail, and the drowning incident was near my deinonychus's tail.
My three desync's today seemd to happen with non-static collision objects.

If you have a Tek Glove and use its power punch ability, chances are you will re-sync on collision.

On 10/13/2020 at 4:37 PM, invincibleqc said:

If you have a Tek Glove and use its power punch ability, chances are you will re-sync on collision.

I dont have a Tek Glove. Bosses are part of the game I avoid for health reasons.
Thank you for the tip. I'll consider this because I really dont like dying in-game for reasons beyond my control.

Archived