Element CrossARK

Aphelios

3 hours ago, Aphelios said:

Farming Element Dust with a doed in the lamp post at extinction, i would transfer it to Valguero and then craft the unstable element. 

Could I do That?

Yes you could. You could also convert regular element into dust at the city terminals on extinction but I am pretty sure you get like 200 dust per element so its a hefty tax.

Honestly its a hell of a lot of work to do it that way, the only way to really "transfer" element is to just cook up the objects you want the element for, then transfer that item instead. 
With that said, I do wish most of the crafting tek stuff could just run on plain dust instead of full blown element. Like the tek replicator.....By the time you get to the point of collecting element to run it, well, your almost done with that map, so its kinda pointless......same with the tek geneator, and same with the feeding trough.

Now with that said, I know that element gets easier to find {at least in extinction}, and on the island there was 3 boss fights to wade through as well as the ascension cave, but on places such as SE its been a case of "ok, we are about to leave after the manticore fights, do we want to really need to build anything with the element?"

7 minutes ago, zero064 said:

Does that require a mod? The only crafting options I ever recall seeing in the grinder are thatch and flint (and maybe a chitin one that nobody ever uses).

We can use a grinder to grind specific thing such as a rifle, or a chestpiece, but the grinder can grind more than just thatch, flint

43 minutes ago, Aphelios said:

We can use a grinder to grind specific thing such as a rifle, or a chestpiece, but the grinder can grind more than just thatch, flint

Yup, it'll grind many things. I don't recall ever seeing it produce element dust though. As far as I know, the only ways of getting element dust in any quantity are defending the nodes or smashing those light posts with a doed (or winning the Gacha lottery).

Basically, there's no way of getting your regular element out of Extinction unless you wanna take that heavy conversion penalty at the terminal. You can't return to Extinction to load your tek suit either, because it resets to 0% on a server transfer. If you're on Valguero (or any map without a way of producing element) you're stuck importing dust or running boss fights.

That's only reason why I have base on ext. Stil have about 15k element from last year charity event.  Usually I kraft everything there, for other base I need only for fuel. Even if u lose so much on grind element its still easier from farming it with doedi.  50k veins ain't hard at all, only what u realy need is good mantis and pickaxe, and meybe a weight wyvern depence what u like. 

Archived