Taming Giga on Ragnarok

zvrk68

1 hour ago, saikohayn said:

I'd definitely carry extra tranqs, there were so many times that I'd see blood splash but no hit marker. I'd recommend you get a really good crossbow and use tranq arrows, although it requires more arrows, it's a lot cheaper and fires quicker than a longneck.

Yup, that's exactly what I do. Load up with stacks of tranq arrows (and an extra crossbow just in case) and head out on the Griffin. I plan on missing most of my shots, which means cheap ammo is a huge bonus.

We also use Griffin and all seems to be very easy.But...Before using 93 shock darts,we shot at Giga around 60 tranq darts and 100 tranq arrows.As she moves it is impossible to not make some pause from shot to shot.Is it possible that Gigas torpor drops so fast?Did any of you succedeed without using trap?Beauty still waiting near green obelisk on Ragnarok.😍

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Open range giga taming is ... an interesting way of going about it.  Five steel dino gates and three large bear traps, and asc crossbow.  Kibble.  Lots of narcotics.  Or better, lots of biotoxin.  They're not that tough to tame if you go into it with the right strategy.

If you're going to open field tame one, I'd want two teammates to help, someone on a fast ground mount to kite it, and two others to shoot it.

Archived