Tek suit vs riot and flak

Blackmagic9000

Wearing full tek is mostly for fashion. Leggings are extremely useful for metal farming and such because you can walk while encumbered. The chestpiece is great for overseer fight. Helmet is great for finding players and small animals. Primitive is all you need for utility usually.

Ascendant flak is amazing. A super high quality flak bp can be better than tek, is cheap as hell, and can be crafted as many times as you want. I wear a mix of high quality flak and ghille, and I never get hot/cold and barely take damage. Once you get an abberation metal farm ascendant flak becomes basically free. Riot is pretty bad, its expensive and offers little over flak.

Flak is the best for an actual set of armor. Tek is for utility

1 hour ago, Thyme said:

Wearing full tek is mostly for fashion. Leggings are extremely useful for metal farming and such because you can walk while encumbered. The chestpiece is great for overseer fight. Helmet is great for finding players and small animals. Primitive is all you need for utility usually.

Ascendant flak is amazing. A super high quality flak bp can be better than tek, is cheap as hell, and can be crafted as many times as you want. I wear a mix of high quality flak and ghille, and I never get hot/cold and barely take damage. Once you get an abberation metal farm ascendant flak becomes basically free. Riot is pretty bad, its expensive and offers little over flak.

Flak is the best for an actual set of armor. Tek is for utility

I wear good tek armor its expensive but its worth look for good dura high armor and good hyper/hypo you will never go back to flak only for some fights

15 hours ago, Blackmagic9000 said:

i see, so overall tek offers the best armor?

Primitive learned engrams, tek is indeed best. However if you go fishing, or get lucky and find a supply drop with a blueprint for riot or flak, no.

The blueprints offer much better armor resistance and sometimes even better durability. Not only do they reduce more damage, but can withstand attacks longer.
But getting them is kinda grindy, take a lot of drops and luck to pan anything out, and to get a full suit take a little longer.

When you craft these blueprints, you also get the chance to make them better by putting points into the crafting skill....A BP might allow you to craft a piece of armor worth 40 damage resistance, but if you put all your points into crafting skill, it might come out with 60 armor instead!

So in the end, BP's will be better.

Archived