Why can't you use drops on Aberration SP to upload player/dinos/items?

ARKinadium

So this is a legit question I'm hoping someone can answer which I'm trying to understand.

You can do this on official, you can do this on a server, so why can't you do it SP? I'm not asking for alternatives, I'm wondering if WC had a good reason for doing this and if it's intentionally coded that way as you can't fix it in the ini's.

A good use case is starting ARK, you play the island and you want to find high level 150 dinos. A bulb-pup helps a TON with this. You would think WC would make that process so much better rather than having to stare down a spyglass 50 billion times to find one. If there is a mod to find them, even though i'm a vanilla guy i would run it. Anyway you upload to Aberration only to find out you can only use the transmitter in the red radiated zones which is surrounded by all the high level dinos like drakes. That is out without playing 50 hours to make a radiation suit, etc. Then you have the even worst option of trying to use the obilisks on top. If the fire doesn't get you the reapers will. WHY if the FN GOOD NAME OF SCIENCE can't you USE THE DROPS to do this on SP? :)

2 minutes ago, ARKinadium said:

So this is a legit question I'm hoping someone can answer which I'm trying to understand.

You can do this on official, you can do this on a server, so why can't you do it SP? I'm not asking for alternatives, I'm wondering if WC had a good reason for doing this and if it's intentionally coded that way as you can't fix it in the ini's.

A good use case is starting ARK, you play the island and you want to find high level 150 dinos. A bulb-pup helps a TON with this. You would think WC would make that process so much better rather than having to stare down a spyglass 50 billion times to find one. If there is a mod to find them, even though i'm a vanilla guy i would run it. Anyway you upload to Aberration only to find out you can only use the transmitter in the red radiated zones which is surrounded by all the high level dinos like drakes. That is out without playing 50 hours to make a radiation suit, etc. Then you have the even worst option of trying to use the obilisks on top. If the fire doesn't get you the reapers will. WHY if the FN GOOD NAME OF SCIENCE can't you USE THE DROPS to do this on SP? :)

Because the map is not linked to anything on SP. You need servers in cluster for it work like that. When you play singleplayer you have your own ”server” running but its not in cluster with any other sp ”servers”.

Just now, Luewen said:

Because the map is not linked to anything on SP. You need servers in cluster for it work like that. When you play singleplayer you have your own ”server” running but its not in cluster with any other sp ”servers”.

A cluster seems more like a shared variable directory name for it to store the uploaded files to. This structure already exists on SP. It's why you can upload from the transmitter or obelisks. Aberattion is one of the few maps where you can't do this on SP using the drops. They work fine on almost all the other maps.

to the point of mods: there are mods that help with this. I myself enjoy "Dino Tracker"

It's just a hand held item, or something you attach to your glove slot, that allows you to check the surrounding area for dinos. It doesn't give you any sort of notification that a 150 is present like a light pet would, but it allows you to check and see what all of the dinos are in the area. You can search by level, or type, or gender etc. Pretty useful little mod for helping you track down some of the more high level dinos once you get to that point in the game.

Archived