Community Crunch 241: Fear Evolved 4, Live Tuning System, Network Improvements, and More!

StudioWildcard

1 minute ago, HoganRyan01 said:

You can enable any event on singleplayer with the use of "-ActiveEvent=" in the launch options. (Available only on the Steam/Epic Games Store version)

That's the problem- I refuse to use cheats.

I once had a world where I constantly used cheats, and I eventually deleted it because I actually felt pretty bad and they took out all of the fun.

AAAND I'm a console player. Just seems like a QoL thing that should be fixed in my OP.

1 minute ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

That's the problem- I refuse to use cheats.

I once had a world where I constantly used cheats, and I eventually deleted it because I actually felt pretty bad and they took out all of the fun.

AAAND I'm a console player. Just seems like a QoL thing that should be fixed in my OP.

Its a server config, not a cheat. Its like setting your harvest rates to 2x. Not cheating.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

No clue what that is. Sounds internal. Is it? 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

This has all the information you need.

Using "-ActiveEvent=" in the launch options will just enable the event. It doesn't give you anything in game. So for example you could play the ARKeology event or the Eggcellent Adventure event right now.

Edited by HoganRyan01
  • Thanks 1

"this new dynamic configuration system will provide useful options for server administrators, especially as we grow it out to support more properties."

I would like to see DinoStaminaDrain=0.0 to return to how it worked before RaidDinoFoodDrain was added.

That is, when I set Stamina Drain to 0.0, dinos stamina would not drain from ay activity, sprint, biting, swimming, etc. I had enjoyed this setting for a long time on my singleplayer and private server until the RaidDinoFoodDrain was added.

It's been a few years now, since this config I had wont work on stamina drain for dinos. I would still like to have the stamina drain 0.0  like it was, which is practically no stamina (how I like it).

Also,
If there are more configs being added, I would like a peaceful setting.
This would be different than a creative setting. Similar to Admin-only "LeaveMeAlone" I would like to see every wild creature not attack the player or it's tames. A setting where the survivor character still has to run around and collect wood from trees and manually build things. "LeaveMEAlone" as a config setting to apply to all survivors (maybe a seperate one for tames?) and not exclusively for AdminPrivelages, but across the whole server/map for anyone who joins with a "Peaceful mode enabled".

I know my wants are not universal.
Options for those who play Ark a little differently than the norm.

T;DR:
I want DinoStaminaDrain to work like it used to years ago.
I want a unofficial/singleplayer config of "LeaveMeAlone" applied server-wide to all players/tames, a "Peaceful Mode=Enabled" (disabled by default).

Halloween is my fave event :D

But I'm disappointed for just one little issue: the dermis of the dodorex, dodowyvern and their zombie minions aren't permanent. 

I'd really like to have them forever because last time I got the dodorex dermis, it suddenly disappeared when you removed the halloween event. Is there a way to keep the model for the taxidermy? It's a pity, really :/

• Like 1