Community Crunch 241: Fear Evolved 4, Live Tuning System, Network Improvements, and More!

StudioWildcard

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, mr_xrayman said:

All that is required is a simple edit of a json file, and you're good to go!

Wouldn't it be easier to use ARK Server Manager and just check a tick box and adjust a slider ?

That's a feature you can request to the developers of that app to implement. Remember, this is a third-party program that is not developed nor affiliated to WC.

Structure Stasis Changes

We've made some changes with a focus on improving performance. This reworks how structures are loaded/unloaded on the server. The simple idea is that fewer calculations take place at a given time with the new system so the server doesn't have to do as much. Something to note is that the performance gains are more noticeable when more active structures are present (so think really busy, large bases) and an increased number of players on a server. 

The structures are now broken up into a grid, when a player logs in they are assigned grid cells appropriate to their location, and the structures in those cells are loaded. That way not all are loaded. 

This setting is enabled by default on Official Servers, and Unofficials can now opt-into using the new system too by setting the following server parameter in their commandline:

-UseStructureStasisGrid

This will work on both PC and Console, but we highly recommend that it is not used on servers with mods, as there are some assumptions made about structures in stasis and this could cause issues with modded content, however in a future devkit update, you'll be able to opt said structures out of the system to avoid the issues.

TLDR: Predominantly busy servers with a lot of players and big bases will be seeing the most significant performance gains.

Anyone get this new Stasis change to work on Xbox/Win10 Nitrado servers?  If so what version is your server on?

EDIT:  Ok, chatted with someone at WC.  Turns out that Nitrado needs to add the setting/option for this to work.  We're asking Nitrado to add it now.

Edited by mleii

This event seems pretty nice, but as an offline player I feel like I'm missing out. 

IDEA: Have "Base" events for offliners that go like this... My ARK is updated to the point of Fear Evolved 3, and let's call that the "Base"- until I update it to fear evolved 4. Basically meaning that I can play the LAST UPDATED event if I'm unable to play this year's.

Think about it :)

On 10/10/2020 at 6:18 AM, Rio4201 said:

Dunno, I was kind of looking forward to a 2x harvesting rate boost honestly, Crystal isles is still fairly dismal for Element Shard farming, but that's simply what *I* had hoped. Other than that, the event looks great, the Crunch was spectacular, and I'm excited! And yes, I know they already doubled it, but when it takes you an hour to come up with 100 element in farming, it's almost soul sucking boring and often times everyone else is out there farming it as well, meaning less to take back to base.  lol.

We recently got a permanent doubling of rates and youre still complaining? I think you need to play an unofficial server man. The rates are currently 4x what they were when the game released in 2015.

23 hours ago, ArkTheoryApprentice said:

This event seems pretty nice, but as an offline player I feel like I'm missing out. 

IDEA: Have "Base" events for offliners that go like this... My ARK is updated to the point of Fear Evolved 3, and let's call that the "Base"- until I update it to fear evolved 4. Basically meaning that I can play the LAST UPDATED event if I'm unable to play this year's.

Think about it :)

You can enable any event on singleplayer with the use of "-ActiveEvent=" in the launch options. (Available only on the Steam/Epic Games Store version)

• Thanks 1