Day and Night issue since 314.3

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if it's been said in another thread, but we are indeed investigating this issue and hope to have it solved asap, we've been working on it for some time now, it's a tricky one. 

This was 02:49am in the morning! 

You take ur F***in time to fix something u destroyed , like antimesh thing that destroyed all surface caves . We feel like u don't care about players , and only try to please pve with colors dinos a

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Jatheish said:

Not sure if it's been said in another thread, but we are indeed investigating this issue and hope to have it solved asap, we've been working on it for some time now, it's a tricky one. 

Thank you for the hard work. I noticed some weirdness around it on my private server when I found it. My server is on hiatus until you guys end up finding the issue. Thanks again!

• The weirdness
    • I noticed that environment lighting or specifically, the darkness that happens when it is 'night', will flicker off when earthquakes happen and it will appear to be daytime during the earthquake.
      • Summary;
        • supposed to be day
        • but dark
        • earthquake happens
        • now light
        • earthquake stops
        • now dark

I hope this is helpful in some way.

Edited by dtadrunk
Clarification

we have the same issue on our unofficial servers :(

Saame with the Earthquakes... they force very strange lightsettings.

AND we have problems with nameless since.

We build a Cliff Plattform in the blue Zone at the Lake... Nameless spawn on the ground under the Platform, they spawn directly under the Platform (where we cant hit them), they spawn in our building on the floor and they spawn und the ceilings on the secong floor... they spawn, even  we have lightplant and the buff of them.. or the buff from lightpets on the ground. They only stop spawning, if we have our lightpets on our shoulder. and they spawn Surface Reaper Kings...

Edited by SmokeyJune

I'm a bit confused about how do the cycles actually work with the applied %s on day/night, wondering if someone could help clarify?

I went to the surface at around the 19h/7pm mark, which was night time.

The HUD said that this cycle was 90% day and 10% night.  At around 2h/2am mark, it suddenly starts getting day and I see flames showing up on the ground.

I return later on the next cycle, which was the reverse, 10% day and 90% night.

While on my first attempt I didn't notice the clock moving faster, it just started being day at 2am, on the second attempt the clock during the 10% day time seemed to move much faster towards night time ( 90% ) and then slowing down giving me plenty of night time on the surface.

This seemed weird, as I would expect the %'s to simply affect how fast the clock goes, and not that day time starts at 2am when it's 10% night duration. On the other hand, on the second attempt, it seemed to behave as I would expect.

So which is it, do the %'s cause the clock to move faster, or does it just turn day/night at the wrong clock times?