Snap a stone Foundation on a stone celing?

Sleepys040

1 hour ago, Yggdrassil said:

You can place a foundation under the ceiling if close enough to ground and snap another foundation to that one but as for connecting a foundation to a ceiling it has to be the other way around. 

Think is i saw a friend did fountians to a celing without and ground it just was in the air, i assume its a setting but he forgot wish one.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Sleepys040 said:

Snap a stone Foundation on a stone celing? My friends server it works but for mine server it says "Obstructed" when i try place it? anyone know what settings i need to change in server for it to work?

bDisableStructurePlacementCollision?

8 minutes ago, Sleepys040 said:

No just on a hill wait a base between 4 cliffs on rag but not with pillers.

Well since i have enabled Structure Collision it has made my life much easier on the ark, it will still snap foundations and etc., like it usually does, but it will allow you to place structures much more accurately, it helps big time against terrain collision too.

Try this:

1. Go to your Game.ini file(backup first if you feel uncomfortable) using a text editor of your choice.
  2. Search(Usually CTRL + F) for "bDisableStructurePlacementCollision" and change it to True.
    • If you can't find it, add it "bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true".
  3. Reboot your game/server

This has solved many annoying problems, at least for me. Let me know how it worked for you

6 hours ago, HDinis09 said:

Well since i have enabled Structure Collision it has made my life much easier on the ark, it will still snap foundations and etc., like it usually does, but it will allow you to place structures much more accurately, it helps big time against terrain collision too.

Try this:

1. Go to your Game.ini file(backup first if you feel uncomfortable) using a text editor of your choice.
  2. Search(Usually CTRL + F) for "bDisableStructurePlacementCollision" and change it to True.
    • If you can't find it, add it "bDisableStructurePlacementCollision=true".
  3. Reboot your game/server

This has solved many annoying problems, at least for me. Let me know how it worked for you

That Fixed it! Thank you so so much!

Archived