Rockwell battle

Aphelios

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Aphelios said:

I can kill rockwell, i already have all artifacts and tributes, but i want know what would happen with my drake and my stuff? How can i recover it?

If you are playing on a clustered server then everything will remain with you and I believe the tames will spawn at the obelisk/location you used to summon the boss.

If you are playing on an unclustered server or single player I believe you lose everything, but i'm not 100% certain on that.

7 minutes ago, GP said:

If you are playing on a clustered server then everything will remain with you and I believe the tames will spawn at the obelisk/location you used to summon the boss.

If you are playing on an unclustered server or single player I believe you lose everything, but i'm not 100% certain on that.

I play on official, so i wont lose them right?

A rockdrake is usually preferred because you can shoot from off the back of them while still moving. I myself have tried it with spino's and reapers and don't care to bring them in. Another thing to consider is that you will be taking bonus damage from reapers hitting you (if you are running with a light pet) and if you aren't you wont be able to do any damage to the other reapers in the arena. You will have to constantly kite them, which is fine, but I won't be able to do any sort of consistent damage to the tentacles because you cant shoot off the back of a reaper while moving.

Imo a reaper is not a great choice for a solo attempt on rockwell. Others might disagree but that is my experience for the reasons listed above.

5 hours ago, Aphelios said:

It's true if i use cactus broth at rockwell arena anything will agro on me?

Yes, this method still works.  I practiced this several times in SP against Gamma Rockwell before attempting it with my other 3 tribemates in Official PVE.

Notes:

You have to go in on foot and not bring any dinos with you, not even light pets.  Dinos can't be fed the cactus broth, so everything will agro on them and in turn you.

You will have to consume multiple cactus broth since the buff only last 10 minutes.  If you forget to consume one before the buff expires, everything will agro you.  The cactus broth buff also has an effective radius, so if you get too close to a reaper or nameless, they will agro on you.  it seems to be about four foundations or less.

Bring Enduro stew as well for the extra damage buff.  The Enduro stew buff will last 15 minutes, so you only need to take 1 before and 1 during the fight.

The bubbles will still spawn at the beginning of two separate rounds, but once you take them out, they do not respawn.

The tentacles still charge and electrocute, so take them out before you get close enough to be shocked.

Nothing spawns on the platform, so that is your safest spot.  Begin and end each round on the platform.  Only venture off the platform to take out the back two tentacles.

You can take out all the tentacles from the platform with the exception of the back two.  You can shoot the back two without going too far from the platform.  Take out the two tentacles closest to the platform first and leave at least one tentacle to take out once you make it back to the platform so you are close when Rockwell exposes his heart. I recommend leaving one of the second tentacles on either the right or left side of the platform.

Your biggest threat in this method is the clock, so bring ascendant pump shotguns and plenty of shells.  

I hope that helps.  if you attempt this method, I would practice in SP a few times first.  Good luck to you!

22 hours ago, XiaFang said:

Yes, this method still works.  I practiced this several times in SP against Gamma Rockwell before attempting it with my other 3 tribemates in Official PVE.

Notes:

You have to go in on foot and not bring any dinos with you, not even light pets.  Dinos can't be fed the cactus broth, so everything will agro on them and in turn you.

You will have to consume multiple cactus broth since the buff only last 10 minutes.  If you forget to consume one before the buff expires, everything will agro you.  The cactus broth buff also has an effective radius, so if you get too close to a reaper or nameless, they will agro on you.  it seems to be about four foundations or less.

Bring Enduro stew as well for the extra damage buff.  The Enduro stew buff will last 15 minutes, so you only need to take 1 before and 1 during the fight.

The bubbles will still spawn at the beginning of two separate rounds, but once you take them out, they do not respawn.

The tentacles still charge and electrocute, so take them out before you get close enough to be shocked.

Nothing spawns on the platform, so that is your safest spot.  Begin and end each round on the platform.  Only venture off the platform to take out the back two tentacles.

You can take out all the tentacles from the platform with the exception of the back two.  You can shoot the back two without going too far from the platform.  Take out the two tentacles closest to the platform first and leave at least one tentacle to take out once you make it back to the platform so you are close when Rockwell exposes his heart. I recommend leaving one of the second tentacles on either the right or left side of the platform.

Your biggest threat in this method is the clock, so bring ascendant pump shotguns and plenty of shells.  

I hope that helps.  if you attempt this method, I would practice in SP a few times first.  Good luck to you!

Thank you so much, this is the method that i will use with sure

Archived