Make extra high-level cave dinos tamable

DodoRaptor

Suggestion

Now I get why you can't tame boss minions or dinos in the Tek Cave. However, with other extra high-level dinos (Swamp Cave, underwater caves, etc.) there's no clear reason to make them untamable. In my opinion, if you can tame a 350 dire wolf, you deserve a 350 dire wolf. I don't think it would ruin PvP in any way, since there are already supper mutated, OP dinos anyway. What does everyone else think?

4 replies to this server topic

9 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

Nope, this was a thing when Extinction was released due to a bug and they were stupid powerful. Imagine getting 350 Mosa from one of the Water Caves or a 300 Megalo from the Tek Cave. It would break the games already poor balance. 

I specified that tek cave dinos wouldn't be tamable. Although I guess mosas are a bit OP. What about just some caves? 

1 minute ago, DodoRaptor said:

I specified that tek cave dinos wouldn't be tamable. Although I guess mosas are a bit OP. What about just some caves? 

The Extinction dinos I referred to were Dire Wolves from the Ice Titan Cave. It was and still would be broken, also consider that the Desert Titan caves has stuff like Mantis and Arthros and the Forest Titan cave has Rexes, Yutys, Theris, and Megalos. I'd rather not get raided with a 350 Arthro in an Ascendent saddle. Plus, many cave creatures simply aren't good either way. Do you really need a 350 Scorpion or Onyc? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense for these creatures to be tameable, both for balance and the why factor. 

2 minutes ago, Qwertymine said:

The Extinction dinos I referred to were Dire Wolves from the Ice Titan Cave. It was and still would be broken, also consider that the Desert Titan caves has stuff like Mantis and Arthros and the Forest Titan cave has Rexes, Yutys, Theris, and Megalos. I'd rather not get raided with a 350 Arthro in an Ascendent saddle. Plus, many cave creatures simply aren't good either way. Do you really need a 350 Scorpion or Onyc? It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense for these creatures to be tameable, both for balance and the why factor. 

I guess you're right. They'd either be OP or useless.

Archived