Jump to content

11.2 G update? rly?


Recommended Posts

On 10/9/2020 at 12:58 AM, CptChandler said:

Why am i downloading a 11 gig update?. Am I getting a new game?

What kind of developer releases a 11 gig. Update? 

Pls tell my what you have updated in your files to justify that size?   ffs!!

 

Read patch notes and you will find out. And 11 gb takes like 5 to 10 minutes to download and is quite small for modern game update.
And if your net speed is not up to par dont blame devs for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luewen said:

Read patch notes and you will find out. And 11 gb takes like 5 to 10 minutes to download and is quite small for modern game update.
And if your net speed is not up to par dont blame devs for that.

Seriously man? Entitled attitudes like that are hindering development of American internet. 5 - 10 minutes, for me it was 5 - 10 hours. And many people have to deal with data caps of one sort or another as well. Less than 50% of American's have access to broadband or can afford it, and you're apparently sitting in your castle saying "Let them eat cake".

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Zen00 said:

Seriously man? Entitled attitudes like that are hindering development of American internet. 5 - 10 minutes, for me it was 5 - 10 hours. And many people have to deal with data caps of one sort or another as well. Less than 50% of American's have access to broadband or can afford it, and you're apparently sitting in your castle saying "Let them eat cake".

Don't sweat it, a lot of numbers on the forums are made up on the spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Luewen said:

Read patch notes and you will find out. And 11 gb takes like 5 to 10 minutes to download and is quite small for modern game update.
And if your net speed is not up to par dont blame devs for that.

i have super fast internet and can download 20 gigs in 5-10min but when it comes to ark downloads it takes 2hrs for that same amount if not longer. i call complete BS on your statement as i never heard anyone say ark updates at lightning speeds.

when that update completed i logged into my island server and it was 0/70 when there is usually 30+ players on

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep great update. Stopped could not complete. Every time i get anything over 2gb update the game/steam has some sort of a panic attack. Keeps on validating says updating and then stops. Then i move the files then steam has a fit because the worste gaming library can not check if there are installed 1st of game files 1st it has to complain there is no space. Because this game is 250gb. I got a extra 500gb ssd just for this game and still  its not enough. Every other gaming application will check 1st if there are any game files before trying to download anything but oh no not steam. Really have to add something for ark so it can check before trying to install. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked at the patch notes thread. Doesn't seem to be anything that justifies this gigantic update. Mine is 10gig. That's ridiculous for a patch that adds nothing.  No content.  I have an entire SSD 1tb devoted just to this game, because it just keeps getting bigger while adding nothing.  And steam does take forever. DLs that take seconds or minutes elsewhere take hours to finish on steam. I have been at 64% for an hour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, invision said:

i have super fast internet and can download 20 gigs in 5-10min but when it comes to ark downloads it takes 2hrs for that same amount if not longer. i call complete BS on your statement as i never heard anyone say ark updates at lightning speeds.

when that update completed i logged into my island server and it was 0/70 when there is usually 30+ players on

Thats because its not download that takes the time its applying the update. And that depends on speed of your drive. Yes it will take hours if you do it on old mechanical drive. The update took 25 minutes to finish here and download only took approx 10 minutes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zeldei said:

Looked at the patch notes thread. Doesn't seem to be anything that justifies this gigantic update. Mine is 10gig. That's ridiculous for a patch that adds nothing.  No content.  I have an entire SSD 1tb devoted just to this game, because it just keeps getting bigger while adding nothing.  And steam does take forever. DLs that take seconds or minutes elsewhere take hours to finish on steam. I have been at 64% for an hour. 

Its right there in the update. Changes to crystal isles and mesh on other maps. So all maps need to be downloaded again. Each map is 1 gb to 3 gb in size.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The files on Steam always take way linger to download (and look like they aren’t doing anything) because it is unpacking the files it downloaded, scanning your game files, and rebuilding old game files with the patch files.

It sucks but there is no way around it. Ar home my internet can do a 16 gig update in like 35 minutes. It can download a 16 gig game in like 2 minutes. At work a 16 gig update takes all night.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...