Official vs. SP spawn differences

Vit0Corleone

Hi Survivors 🙂

So, I play on official PvE and one of my next goals is to go to Genesis lava biome and grab a few magmasaur eggs.

That is a somewhat risky mission, and my plan is to do it with my Bloodstalker and I only have one that I'd rather not lose, so I went ahead and used single player mode to do practice runs until I felt comfortable I could pull it off on official without losing my BS.

To the best of my knowledge, I have configured it to mimic official servers as best as possible, including unchecking the "single player settings" box, setting difficulty level to 1 and activating "max difficulty" checkbox.

My practice runs went fine, but when I went back to official to try it out, I was faced with a simple but very consequential difference: The magmasaurs on the lava pits just keep respawning almost instantly as I kill them. Must have wasted around 200x shotty ammo before I gave up.

When practicing solo, the spawns do not behave this way. I am able to clear a pit before going in safely.

So, my question is, why does this happen on official but not on a solo instance? And how can I setup my solo instance to mimic this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Official settings are harder than soloplayer. I don't know why and how to mimic them in your soloplayer tests. Maybe try to set difficulty lvl to 1.2 or even 2.

How to get easy eggs :

Let your bloodstalker in a safe place and craft a wingsuit, a crossbow, 10 grapples and med brews. Then fly down all the way to the eggs and try to grab one and grapple out using med brews. If you die its not a big deal you basically lost nothing expensive and your dead corpse will be closer than the actual nest. So suit up again and go to your corpse and repeat, when you are safe teleport out. With training and fast reaction you will be able to stole those eggs with ease. If you can build a foundation and a bed in some non-area mission inside volcano do it.

good luck

1 hour ago, Leys said:

Official settings are harder than soloplayer. I don't know why and how to mimic them in your soloplayer tests. Maybe try to set difficulty lvl to 1.2 or even 2.

How to get easy eggs :

Let your bloodstalker in a safe place and craft a wingsuit, a crossbow, 10 grapples and med brews. Then fly down all the way to the eggs and try to grab one and grapple out using med brews. If you die its not a big deal you basically lost nothing expensive and your dead corpse will be closer than the actual nest. So suit up again and go to your corpse and repeat, when you are safe teleport out. With training and fast reaction you will be able to stole those eggs with ease. If you can build a foundation and a bed in some non-area mission inside volcano do it.

good luck

Thanks.

I'm aware of the multiple strategies, including that one, but that isn't really the issue here.

The issue is that I went to practice a strategy that worked fine, but can't really be used on official. Not because of difficulty, but because the spawns do not work the same way.

I just want to make sure that next time I do something similar, that it works the same on official, so I want to know what settings to set/change to mimic official as close as possible.

Archived