Ark Survival Evolved...Map using is TheIsland & I'm dead (single-player)

Trijjicon

Alphys cannot consume bodies. use another Dino to lead it's a way. Oh on single player you also run into a issue if a resource node has not respond by the time you log out it gets deleted. The game is really meant to be played on a server were time continues on even when you're logged off. In my several thousand hours on Ark the most important thing you can have is not blueprints or a huge base. it's good tribe mates.

Good luck Survivor

9 hours ago, Trijjicon said:

Could any1 give me an idea how long that Alpha Carno will stand over my dead body? 

Years......whenever you have this problem, you can do 1 of 3 things.

1.) Suicide run....Run up to it, punch it, run away and "lure it" to another location......off the side of a cliff, or on the other side of a river works best....Repeat it as necessary until you think its safe enough to go to your first corpse.

2.) Bait it....Try to get it to attack another animal, while its busy, get your stuff.

3.) Kill it....Killing an alpha creature is worth a LOT of XP. And if you are able to get a chibi, you can gain a few extra levels when you kill alpha creatures with a chibi equiped. To kill an alpha creature takes a bit of hard work, or high level tames.....When it comes to carno's Iv used a argentavis fairly successfully with its knock back to my advantage.....Try to land uphill of the carno so that when you hit the carno, it not only knocks him back, but also down a bit. If you time your attacks just right, he will not be able to hit you, but you will be able to hit him......at least till they run away.

Just keep in mind that it takes a LOT of stamina this way and you will be hit from time to time, level health first, melee next.....I like 15k health and 500% melee on mine, at least for a wild tame and not a super bred.

15 hours ago, Trijjicon said:

Could any1 give me an idea how long that Alpha Carno will stand over my dead body? 

They'll stnad there forever if you don't get rid of your body

If you're just starting out and get your buttcheek eaten, then I recommend just leaving the body and craft the stuff again. I assume you won't have ascendant or mastercraft loot just starting out, and it's easier than dying over and over again trying to lure an alpha carno.

If you're a bit more leveled then use a flyer to eat own corpse, then lure it, any flyer will do. A pteradon can out pace it, and dinos do a funny thing if they aggro you on flyers: They seem to lose aggro if you fly a bit too high but they really haven't, as soon as you land they will come charging at you. So get the carno to aggro you on a flyer, then either slow down to have it follow you or fly fast somewhere not too far and land, it'll come towards you. Lure it far enough that it's out of render from your body, then fly high above to lose aggro and go loot your body. 

If you have tames that can confidently kill it then just kill it. 

I hear what all of u r saying. Things I thought about doing also. The Alpha killed all my tames. I respawned at my bed there & 2 flying ants killed me again b4 I could even move off my bed. There is another Alpha up river & piranhas in the river in front of me. Not sure what is below the river from me. Without gear or weapons (all my supplies r in a cabinet between me an the killer alpha) I'm not confident I can survive running away. Logic tells me just port to another bed and re-group. I despise having to re-make gear & weapons, re-tame pets. This game was made for multi-player & is misleading to say u can enjoy a single-player mode experience. U can for awhile but it all eventually catches up with u. I am way up North b4 u get into cold country. Up near that mountain that has good obsidian drops which was all I was after.  I'm gonna run for it but if I die again....that'll probably b the end of my single-player experience. Any 1 got a good choice for a tribe that might take me in? :)

2 hours ago, LEDminer said:

I'd say it's intentional to prevent alphas from eating corpses and healing. Otherwise something like an alpha raptor could go on a rampage and completely ruin a Bob's experience.

I agree. If anything, this makes them easier, since this behavior also works on random wild dinos, giving you free hits on the alpha.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:15 PM, Trijjicon said:

I'm not confident I can survive running away.

One of the important things to learn about ARK is when to use dying as a strategy. It's true that you won't be able to survive running away, but that's not really your goal. What you want to do is lure the alpha away from the body that you care about so that when it kills you someplace else you safely go pick up your stuff. You might even have to run & die two or three times before you get the alpha to go far enough to be safe, but that's ok because when you go running around naked you don't lose anything when you die.

On 10/8/2020 at 2:15 PM, Trijjicon said:

& is misleading to say u can enjoy a single-player mode experience.

Keep in mind that when you're playing a local/host game you have access to admin/cheat commands to do pretty much anything you want. You have completely control over your solo experience, you can make it as hard or as easy as you want it to be, whatever is fun for you.

Archived