Has anyone beat the bosses with Allos ?

St1ckyBandit

On 1/4/2021 at 12:01 PM, Razdva said:

If you were interested in the bleed effect on bosses, you may want to consider a pack of 5 Deinonychus as well.

I've read that even one with a rider that bites the boss in the back can be effective. I'm strongly considering adding at least one to the mix.

Anyway to update the thread, we lost on Val.

Absolutely shredded the dragon but took a lot of losses killing the monkey.

By the time we got to the Manti we only had a few dinos left. That thing is such a pain in the anus. It wouldnt land and ended up knocking out the last 2 dinos we had.

We were peppering it w shotgun shells the whole time but ran out of ammo with like 10 mins left. If we had brought another 100 shots each or came in with good allo saddles I think we would have prevailed. 

Lesson learned - bring more ammo

Next up we're going to regroup and see what a bunch of tamed rexes can do as we already have a saddle BP for them. Was also thinking about a few Sloths because Ive gotten some asc saddles from the Genesis manta race.

The ultimate goal is to beat the dragon on medium and the broodmother on hard, which will give us the tek engrams were after.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BleatBag81 said:

I'd like to see a video of this, if you can. I've also been curious about Allo's on boss fight, and I'll have to try it after reading this thread!

They're viable but I wouldn't consider them top tier like the Theri Rex or Rhino. If you have bred ones with half decent stats and a solid saddle BP they can handle gamma. Possibly beta as well as I've read beta isn't that much harder than gamma.

For Alpha I think you would really need some serious breeding time and asc quality saddles to have a chance. Even then I'm not sure they're strong enough.

If there's any Allo breeders out there on official I'd be curious to hear how beefy they can truly get with the proper time and technique applied. 

This was a fun little experiment but I think I'll have to succumb to the Rex meta if I'm going to complete my boss goal before gen 2 hits.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:35 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

Dang shame bro. But hey, nice to hear of people trying things outside the box. And nothing is ever learned without failure, so if nothing else, maybe this only helps to find a better boss beater.

Or hey, maybe allo's get a buff later on and then this experiment will hold more value!

1 hour ago, St1ckyBandit said:

You guys think a group of high lvl tamed rexes with 60 armor saddles + yuty can beat val beta? Probably throw a couple daedons in too but I've heard their passive heal is buggy.

Have no clue man, not been to val yet.....just now getting ready for the run at rockwell in aberation.....reaper kings an meglos.

17 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

You guys think a group of high lvl tamed rexes with 60 armor saddles + yuty can beat val beta? Probably throw a couple daedons in too but I've heard their passive heal is buggy.

I think it will be hard tbh. I did it with 19 imprinted tek rexes with 30k hp 600m 80armor saddle and 1 yuty before transfers opened up if i remeber correct and i took several losses. I farm it now with op rexes in just a couple minutes

• 1 month later...
On 1/6/2021 at 11:35 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

If there's any Allo breeders out there on official I'd be curious to hear how beefy they can truly get with the proper time and technique applied. 

Im the top stat breeder on PS4 PVE and my current boss team ranges from allos birthed 11844hp 807 melee to 15khp 1007 melee

Tippy top stats I havent bred into a team is around 16k 1054

30k hp and 1600 to 2250 melee depending on birth stats and they shred bosses pretty easily.

I think it depends what boss you're going for. I bred some carnos with 40 points in health and melee then mutated each of those stats 20x and was able to beat all 3 difficulties of monkey. I could have definitely taken gamma brood and dragon I'm not so sure about beta and def not alpha. I believe allos have better stats then carnos so with proper breeding and mutating I'm sure you could achieve the same and maybe even beta brood. 

Archived