Has anyone beat the bosses with Allos ?

St1ckyBandit

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got a question, when you adjust wild dino health in the .ini does that raise the boss's health as well?

reason that i ask is that i'm doing a story playthrough and so far i've used allos to beat the bosses

my server is 240 max level and i've stacked 20 health mutations and 20 melee mutations into my allos along with crafting skilled saddle BPs

I have wild dino health at 4.5x official, so alphas and everything else are pretty tanky, just don't know if it applies to boss health

On 10/9/2020 at 1:18 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

Update: 

I have 5 tames and 10 babies, so I'll bringing a total of 15 to the fight. Some of the babies hatched with pretty legit stats but some are a bit lackluster. Hopefully leveling them can get the weaker ones up to snuff.

I'm shooting to have a minimum of 12k hp and 400 melee but some might not quite get there.

Working on raising now so theoretically they should be done sat night and then I'll let them marinate overnight in cryos to get them leveled a bit. Planning on Sunday morning before football for the big showdown.

I know breeding is a chore, but...

Breed you wilds until all the best stats from each wild are on one animal, then breed that one back to it's previous generation until you have a breeding pair with exactly the same stats.  Breed those until you have a stud and 4-5 females, all with the same level/stats.  Don't imprint or level and of them.  Save every one that gets taken out of the breeding pool.

If you've started off with perfect tame 145/217s and 150/224s your top stat "perfect" breeders will be high 220s to high 230s with all their stats combined, say it's a 234 for example.  If you're breeding pool is five identical 234s, every 236 that comes out has a mutation.  If it's health or melee and it's a male, move him into the stud spot.

You could probably hatch out 18 of those 234s and imprint them, then easily level up to 265 or so and be good.  That's why you want several breeding females, lots of eggs.  If you miss an imprint, screw it, unclaim it and kill it with another one that you got 100% imprinting on and get the XP.  Lvl200+ Allo babies are prime food for everything I'm going to level up a bunch because they give a ton of XP and they breed way faster than rexes.

Whistle everyone to passive before you unclaim it and kill it though.

16 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Then u should be able to go to val to get some deinos since it is not part of the story, the story order only consists of island, scorched earth, aber, ext and genesis.

Yes but all the mod-turned-official maps have DLC content in them except The Center.. and also yeah, theyre not apart of the story

17 hours ago, MtnDrew said:

I know breeding is a chore, but...

Breed you wilds until all the best stats from each wild are on one animal, then breed that one back to it's previous generation until you have a breeding pair with exactly the same stats.  Breed those until you have a stud and 4-5 females, all with the same level/stats.  Don't imprint or level and of them.  Save every one that gets taken out of the breeding pool.

If you've started off with perfect tame 145/217s and 150/224s your top stat "perfect" breeders will be high 220s to high 230s with all their stats combined, say it's a 234 for example.  If you're breeding pool is five identical 234s, every 236 that comes out has a mutation.  If it's health or melee and it's a male, move him into the stud spot.

You could probably hatch out 18 of those 234s and imprint them, then easily level up to 265 or so and be good.  That's why you want several breeding females, lots of eggs.  If you miss an imprint, screw it, unclaim it and kill it with another one that you got 100% imprinting on and get the XP.  Lvl200+ Allo babies are prime food for everything I'm going to level up a bunch because they give a ton of XP and they breed way faster than rexes.

Whistle everyone to passive before you unclaim it and kill it though.

Thanks for the advice but I'm not going through all that stat hunting and breeding to perfection especially when the random 135-150 allos I bred were more than enough to get the job done.

25 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Thanks for the advice but I'm not going through all that stat hunting and breeding to perfection especially when the random 135-150 allos I bred were more than enough to get the job done.

As long as they worked, that's all that matters!  

I've got a crazy Allo pack going but I've decided that I hate them after I took 4 out for a hunting trip and had to babysit them constantly.  Allos are a little derpy out in the wild but a big pack can do a lot of DPS on bosses even without the bleed.  

I still think bossfight dino debates ended with Theris though, and they are crazy useful as utility mounts while building to boss fights.

2 hours ago, MtnDrew said:

As long as they worked, that's all that matters!  

I've got a crazy Allo pack going but I've decided that I hate them after I took 4 out for a hunting trip and had to babysit them constantly.  Allos are a little derpy out in the wild but a big pack can do a lot of DPS on bosses even without the bleed.  

I still think bossfight dino debates ended with Theris though, and they are crazy useful as utility mounts while building to boss fights.

Again it comes down to ease of breeding for me, which was the genesis for this whole thread. Allos are stupidly easy to tame as well.

All the top tier boss animals take 3+ days while Allos arent even half that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 11:02 AM, Unown said:

Pretty much every Dino is viable for Bossfights, I'd say. People are just lazy and use Rexes overall.

I did Gamma and Beta Broodmother with a pack of Hyaenodon, so, yea.

I agree about lazy rexing, but Disagree in regards to viablility vs bosses.   Gamma bosses are a joke, Beta aint much better.   If its not viable vs alpha bosses its not viable.  

That being said there are several different species that are or could be viable but theres also a great many that would only be viable after a ridiculous amount of breeding and mutating.  and possibly even then still not be a legitimate boss fighter

• 1 month later...

Going for round 2 this week against the center boss. Target group is 15 (6 tames + 9 bred) Allos 2 Tek Rexes 1 Yuty 1 Piggy. Will have a friend in tow as well. 

We have good saddles for everything but the Allos as finding a solid bp this time around has been a challenge. Lost the last bp we had because our little ci base auto decayed (oops).

Think we're gonna say F it and just ride with prim saddles for the Allos. I'm confident we can run through Gamma fairly easy with that line up plus we have the added bonus of gangsta xmas colors.

Completed the breeding last night so all we need is the piggy and the yuty and to make saddles for everybody. Should be ready to rock in a few days max.

3 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Going for round 2 this week against the center boss. Target group is 15 (6 tames + 9 bred) Allos 2 Tek Rexes 1 Yuty 1 Piggy. Will have a friend in tow as well. 

We have good saddles for everything but the Allos as finding a solid bp this time around has been a challenge. Lost the last bp we had because our little ci base auto decayed (oops).

Think we're gonna say F it and just ride with prim saddles for the Allos. I'm confident we can run through Gamma fairly easy with that line up plus we have the added bonus of gangsta xmas colors.

Completed the breeding last night so all we need is the piggy and the yuty and to make saddles for everybody. Should be ready to rock in a few days max.

I remember finding an allo blueprint was hard. Took me a long time on my last go through.

Good luck man! Don't forget your paint cans on ropes 

3 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Any tips or anecdotes on where to find allo bps? I cant remember where I got the last one. It was def on ci but I have no idea where.

As crazy as it is, I can't remember the BP saddles myself.....Im thinking just a red supply drop, but since I was digging a bit for yuty saddles, it might be just as hard as a theri saddle.

42 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Well we breezed through the gamma center boss, taking no losses in the fight.

Next up is Valguero gamma. Same crew should be able to handle that.

Gonna need some better water dinos to get the squid tribute pieces before we try medium. 

And you're using 

On 10/15/2020 at 5:14 PM, St1ckyBandit said:

the random 135-150 allos I bred

So allos would be more than viable for anyone who would e.g. be more selective with the initial stocks, to breed em up to hp melee muts, get the best possible saddles..

1 hour ago, sjskdjkfa said:

And you're using 

So allos would be more than viable for anyone who would e.g. be more selective with the initial stocks, to breed em up to hp melee muts, get the best possible saddles..

Oh yeah dude our Allos are far far away from top shelf. I only imprinted 2 of the bred ones.

I'd say the average health and melee combo is around 15k and 350%. All with prim saddles.

To be fair I think the duo of Tek Rexes helped a lot. We probably would have incurred a few losses were it not for them, but we still 100% would have completed it.

5 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Well we breezed through the gamma center boss, taking no losses in the fight. Next up is Valguero gamma. Same crew should be able to handle that. Gonna need some better water dinos to get the squid tribute pieces before we try medium. 

Basils......all the way basils..... maybe get a mosa to back em up, but when it comes to whippin squid but, a high level bred basil can't be beat.

Archived