Breeding for higher levels

Hayleyrose1996

There's two basic ways. First if you have dinos with different stats you might be able to get offspring who select the best stat from either parent. E.g. if the female parent has 300 melee and 1000 hp while the male parent has 400 melee and 800 hp, and you get a baby with 400 melee and 1000 hp, ya probably want to keep that one, do the same for all the stats and you eventually get a baby with all your best stats and a higher lvl than any of your wilds. The other main way to breed up is to get random mutations. There is a lot of intricacies to that, but basically the more you breed the more likely you are to see it. Just make sure you are breeding with one parent having less than 20 on the mutation counter, other than that watch for new colors that can give away the presence of a mutation, but lack of new colors doesn't mean a mutation didn't occur so you need to keep track of what the parents stats are, and look at the babies and if they have more...

3 hours ago, Hayleyrose1996 said:

How? There is so much information to sift through and ive spent so many hours in game and doing research with very little pay off. 

Hi Hayley, I feel your pain. Breeding definitely seems complicated at first, but once you get the basic concepts it will become easy for you.

Rather than trying to give long explanations here on the forums, instead I'm going to recommend that you go to youtube and look for the collection of 6 videos about breeding that were created by "TimmyCarbine".

Things used to be confusing for me too, and no matter how many things I read breeding still didn't make sense, but TimmyCarbine gives some good explanations about how the whole breeding system works, it's worth the time to watch his videos.

Archived