Ideal starting stats for dino mutating.

Wesmanee

in general yeah its usually a good idea to get a dino with a stat with 40 or above before mutation begins.  Or as close as you can get to 40. (sometimes RNG is cruel)

Generally rexes are good for your combat needs.  Theriz for certain bosses. And of course a yuty as well.  You can probably wing it with 35 in most stats but mutating them from 35 might be a real pain in the butt until you get some breeders set up. 

45 is a gold standard, but it depends. Rare dinos like managarmrs would be easier to mutate rather to spend more time looking, so 40 is pretty good. Dinos that are common and on non wildcard made maps (the non canon maps have higher odds of spawning high level wild dinos for some reason) you could find high stats easier.

Flyers/diplodocus only have 6 stats so 52 is comparable to a 45. Deinonychus don't get bonus levels so a 30 is comparable to a 45.

Yea i have always used 40 minimum to start my line but the problem is its getting so time consuming. im spending hours flying around a map and its kind of wasting real life time, not really enjoying it. think im just gonna go for 35 since i am just playing singleplayer, not like im gonna be using these lines for raids or anything lol. 45 is pretty insane your lines must be crazy strong.

16 hours ago, Wesmanee said:

Yea i have always used 40 minimum to start my line but the problem is its getting so time consuming. im spending hours flying around a map and its kind of wasting real life time, not really enjoying it. think im just gonna go for 35 since i am just playing singleplayer, not like im gonna be using these lines for raids or anything lol. 45 is pretty insane your lines must be crazy strong.

Do you use Larkator or Ark Save Viewer? If you're on SP (and on PC of course) you'll save yourself a bundle of time. Of course, it isn't something people can do on official so not everybody is willing to use it.

Archived