Ark Devs HATE SOLO players

DragonXxACExX

I swear the devs hate solo player’s because they keep getting rid of ratholes that are essential to the survival of solo players or two man tribes on official. #change my mind. My base has just been made useless because of a recent patch to the rathole I was living in. Thanks  @Dollie  I lost a month of hard work. 

8 minutes ago, DragonXxACExX said:

Agreed @Dolliehas been ruining the game for years. But I refuse to believe the dev teams have no control over changes and if that’s the case it’s unbelievably stupid

That's how it works in dev teams nowadays, developers are normally abstracted from day to day operations and the customer facing part of the business. They are handed projects by product managers and they build them. They dont usually decide which projects to work on. Agile/sprint teams will have processes for planning and working on parts of the projects but the decision of which things to work on is normally the product managers.

Smaller companies / teams dont have a PM sometimes, but WIld Card certainly does, and its @Dollie

Trying to play official pvp solo will end up with you losing everything you have. There is no "if", only "when".

They was fixing ratholes for a very long time. You knew that place you chose for your base is temporary and will eventually get fixed. Enjoy it while it lasts, but don't be surprised when you lose your base.

WC don't hate solo players, but I would agree that solo players are second class people to them. 1 player doesn't affect online numbers, thus useless. On the second hand, game is playable solo. It wasn't intended to be, for sure, but at this point you can do pretty much anything alone and without that much effort. Rates are higher, dino lines are heavily mutated, pods made breeding and raising easier etc etc etc.

23 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

How would one know their hole is an unintended hole? Ignorance isn't cheating.

There's a certain validity to that question, but not much, if someone is brand new to computer games they might not realize that going under the mesh is not legit.

But if we're being serious here then anyone who has played any competitive online game knows that there are things that are legal and things that are not legal, and no one should ever need to have it explained to them that going underneath the mesh is not legit. People almost always know when they're cheating, they just don't like it when they get caught or their cheats get removed.

I've noticed the same thing (also 10k hours on solo official pvp). Like, if they need to patch a rat hole, by all means. Super easy to defend base locations make things un-fun (looking at you center ice cave), but the least they could do is communicate first. It's not hard to announce "Hey we're patching this in the future". Guess they already have your money so PR isn't that big a thing for them

Please do clarify what is an exploit. Here we are talking about building in defensible positions. Is building in a small non-mesh rat hole a cheat? If so, how does that differ from building in a cave? Where are the exact guidelines the devs follow to justify wasting hours of people's work without notice?

How is a rathole any different than a larger cave? Both provide players and tribes protection. I’ve done some research and there are still mesh spots on every map from the beginning that haven’t been patched that allow you to access the mesh so why patch places that don’t allow u to access the mesh and not patch the places that do?

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, Topherrrrrrrrrrrrr said:

Please do clarify what is an exploit.

"An exploit is the use of a bug or glitches, game system, rates, hit boxes, speed or LEVEL DESIGN (LEVEL DESIGN, "LEVEL DESIGN") etc. by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers."

There are several that should have been because of mesh access. For example Ice cave, underwater cave on rag, artifact cave on scorched, Batman cave on center etc the list is higher than rat holes. How about instead of removing the whole rathole the just block the mesh spots like in larger caves?

Most of the answers on this topic are made by cocky people who cannot even tell the difference between a rathole and a meshole 🤦‍♂️

The majority of solo player's rathole allows them to unpod 2 to 4 dino maximum and it doesnt even impact the gameplay of others players (OP the solo life is really hard and i feel you, you should spend a lot of time in soloplayer on Crystal Isle, the map is still fresh and there is a lot of spots that are not puclic yet). Let solo players live inside their little hole and enjoy playing ark for a time (that's what OP was talking, he never said that WC patched his meshole that allows him to build anywhere under the map).

On this subject we all agree that meshole need to be fixed and players who abused them need to be sanctionned. But meshole is nothing, majority of players knows how to access the mesh anywhere on every map and a new method is find every two weeks so they need to think of a global solution.

I play ark since early access and i cannot even count how much exploits this game had (and will).

By the way some mesholes are still there since map releases and never has been fixed, most of them are fixed when a youtube video with 50k views expose them.

Let me also finish by a trash latin citation : Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas

Archived