"Further optimisations made to the structure stasis code (Official Only)"

Cowgirl

On 10/3/2020 at 2:00 PM, Luewen said:

It would aye. But most often when you find wild dino inside its spawned in or it has been trying to get inside and someone has been rendering and unrendering the wall. They can glitch through when that keeps happening+lag.

Yea I have seen some spawn in at my neighbors old base, but I also know that they can glitch in, Diplos are notorious for it, cause they push on your stuff. I had one glitch into my base and start shoving my dinos around and one of my gigas poofed. This was ages ago that that happened but still. I have 3 sets of walls surrounding my base and have more than once had a giga stuck between the walls, they didnt spawn there. It would just be nice if it was fixed because a glitching giga can decimate a whole base! Thankfully I found the one in my neighbors dino pen and let him know it was there and not to log in (ORP) and then my friend and I killed it with fire arrows. It took a while!

On 10/5/2020 at 4:46 AM, Cowgirl said:

Yea I have seen some spawn in at my neighbors old base, but I also know that they can glitch in, Diplos are notorious for it, cause they push on your stuff. I had one glitch into my base and start shoving my dinos around and one of my gigas poofed. This was ages ago that that happened but still. I have 3 sets of walls surrounding my base and have more than once had a giga stuck between the walls, they didnt spawn there. It would just be nice if it was fixed because a glitching giga can decimate a whole base! Thankfully I found the one in my neighbors dino pen and let him know it was there and not to log in (ORP) and then my friend and I killed it with fire arrows. It took a while!

True. But i case wirh gigas stuck inside walls they will glitch through pne way or another if the walss are too close to each other. There should be giga wide gap between walls if you use multiple layers. Same thing happens as if you have too narrow taming pen, the dinos will glitch through the wall during derendering and rendering.

54 minutes ago, Luewen said:

True. But i case wirh gigas stuck inside walls they will glitch through pne way or another if the walss are too close to each other. There should be giga wide gap between walls if you use multiple layers. Same thing happens as if you have too narrow taming pen, the dinos will glitch through the wall during derendering and rendering.

Most of my walls are spaced far enough I can walk a bronto through if I want, though there is one or two places that are narrower. 

To be entirely honest, the frequency at which dinos glitch through floors and walls because of this makes it (IMO) the most prominent problem with the game that is not related to balance or PvP-centric gameplay. 

It mainly happens because the actors spawn before structures do and then walk through. 

If theyre working on stasis code and not addressing this, then I'd at least hope that we'll get an indication that the optimizations being applied will provide a foundation that they can use to fix this issue. As far as I understand it, it's a problem that's persisted since the game was released half a decade ago. 

On 10/8/2020 at 3:12 AM, Reveraster said:

To be entirely honest, the frequency at which dinos glitch through floors and walls because of this makes it (IMO) the most prominent problem with the game that is not related to balance or PvP-centric gameplay. 

It mainly happens because the actors spawn before structures do and then walk through. 

If theyre working on stasis code and not addressing this, then I'd at least hope that we'll get an indication that the optimizations being applied will provide a foundation that they can use to fix this issue. As far as I understand it, it's a problem that's persisted since the game was released half a decade ago. 

Well the problem for it being other way around is that you are loading a huge base that takes a while to render, giga materializes in front of you befause the structures needed to load first. 

Actors are quite good on inable to go through unrendered walls and buildings its just that when that part gets rapidly rendered and unrendered the glitch happens. And thats also limitation of UE4 engine when actors load first on block.

Archived