Industrial Grinder fix? or improvement?

danlillis

On genesis the industrial grinder i feel has became very much useless.... because items when gotten from missions have a canceled logo that prevents being grinded...... now ik if things would be grindable then people can get a bunch of titano saddles from a mission or ingeneral missions and they'd literaly make a liveing off of it cause they wouldn't need to farm for metal ect: i think soap could be used to wash off and clean said ungrindable items........ but then like the thought about and ofcourse tek saddles items...... could get u good parts back i think the best thing to do for that to prevent that would be make other items re-grindable again except for tek stuff and titanosaddles i mean i kinda wonder why titano saddles are in the mission loot tables anyways given that titanos don't spawn on the map so its sorta a waste to get titano saddles inless u transfer them from one map to another for a titano u plan to knock but yeah these are some thoughts it would be nice to go back to grinding parts of weapons and saddles armor ect: that u dont need like on other maps i have a bunch of items in a bunch of chests cause of it thanks wildcard~! : ) also i am curious why the industrial grinder got that update for it?

Before my character was lost in transfer, I was able to grind more mats from genesis loot crates than I could have ever used: ingots, polymer, crystals, pretty much everything but element (which is really easy to acquire with little risk on gen anyway).  When you grind something up and get organic polymer, you can store it indefinitely by throwing it in a cooker with oil - it turns it into soap which does not spoil.  If you need the organic poly back, just grind the soap and you got it.

seems very counter productive, even if you could grind this stuff, you cant do so unless you level up and get the engram, and it creates the issue of having vaults and vaults of useless junk or throwing things away constantly. We recently had patches to remove event items to remove spammed items to prevent this very problem yet the missions themselves are creating the exact same issue with no resoloution to removing this junk aka grinding. Also the materials gained back are trivial once you reach the tier  of play required to make the grinder itself. 

Why not let us grind this trash given we 'worked' for it doing the missions themselves and usually in the same ammount of time it would take to farm those exact materials at that tier of play? It would make more sense to reduce data and let players get something useful for their time and effort then junk spam taking up both space and data, and if its just there to be despawned why have it in the game at all?

On 10/5/2020 at 10:01 AM, Azmeaiel said:

seems very counter productive, even if you could grind this stuff, you cant do so unless you level up and get the engram, and it creates the issue of having vaults and vaults of useless junk or throwing things away constantly. We recently had patches to remove event items to remove spammed items to prevent this very problem yet the missions themselves are creating the exact same issue with no resoloution to removing this junk aka grinding. Also the materials gained back are trivial once you reach the tier  of play required to make the grinder itself. 

Why not let us grind this trash given we 'worked' for it doing the missions themselves and usually in the same ammount of time it would take to farm those exact materials at that tier of play? It would make more sense to reduce data and let players get something useful for their time and effort then junk spam taking up both space and data, and if its just there to be despawned why have it in the game at all?

very true i agree i was also thinking maybe wildcard could get rid of the "not grindable" mark........ if the item is broken for say weapons and armor that broke upon usage...... afterall it is broken now....... so  but that wont solve the issue for the saddles..... but still i feel like something should be done because genesis to me with the grinder is pretty much useless at best wasteing 35k hexagons to get 1 high grade loot crate is abit much and ik its for the sake of balence and the loot is very vauable but still.... i think there should be a fix or a way for none grindables to be grindable by say a item like soap or something..... that way it will give a use to get soap and not just used to store polymer........ that people would have to work to make and get for other maps dont have this issue and u can grind as much as u want~ 

• 9 months later...

I have 2 theories as to what it was ment for to actually be useful. Either A as a mega tribe grinder for raids and orbital drops or as a pve long term return grinder for orbital drops. Or the second theory. It's for when you know your going to lose and get raided but you want to destroy all your stuff so the people raiding you don't get it. It really doesn't make to much sense considering how long it takes to fill one to grind everything up and get very little. So it only makes sense to just wreck everything you own and you don't get much in return because that's not what your doing it for. Your grinding all your stuff so it doesn't become someone else's stuff. It's a stalemate item to use in order to make the raid of your enemy useless. Neither you nor them will win. I think it's most useful scenario to be used in would be as a grudge item. Grind all your stuff as quickly as possible cause it's more permanent and quicker than popcorning. They can't quickly run in and grab as much as they can if it's all grinded up.

Archived