Megalodon Rework/ New Shark

JCELL

Suggestion

I’ve noticed several of the creatures in game are outdated compared to what science is learning about them- and that’s fine, after all it IS just a game. However one really stands out to me: the megalodon. 
The in-game animal is less than half the size, a fraction of the power, and looks smaller than some great white sharks. In my mind, it’s a huge disservice to a really cool animal. 

My suggestion is to create a new megalodon along side the current one, which matches the current understanding of them. 50+ ft long, perhaps feeding on Leedsichthys (Since the only large whales are in space) and tames. Behavior could be a deep dwelling animal, that upon seeing a target, rushes at it at high speed from below, stunning it and throwing it (and maybe itself) out of the water (if it doesn’t outright kill it), similar to modern sharks hunting seals. 
To be clear, I do NOT want to eliminate the sharks currently found in game, they play a very important role as the only large shallow water predator. But they can be renamed and re-rendered as a different creature, perhaps a different species of prehistoric shark.
Would love to hear feedback!

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived