Alpha broodmother

DodoRaptor

Can I defeat the alpha broodmother? My megatheirium army handled gamma fine with only primitive saddles, but I don't know how beta and eventually alpha will go. Here's what's being used: nineteen imprinted megatheirium (can replace one with a daeodon if needed), around thirteen thousand health on all, primitive saddles (can grind up better ones if needed), and a yutyrannus (for gamma I used a bad one, but I'm planning to get a better stam/more tanky one). Thanks for answering. This is SP by the way.

How bloody were they after gamma? If not too bad good to go onto beta. Then repeat for alpha. I used Rexes. Easily handle gamma and alpha but I would lose one or two during different alpha fights.

They were champs, they only lost around 2k health, the most I saw was 4k. They have really good damage, but the main reason I'm scared is that most of Phlinger's army died on alpha in the video I watched. They had increased quality saddles and much more health than mine, too. It's possible that he used the Steam files to make it so the bosses would have full strength (rather than normal SP nerf they have by default), but I still am nervous.

This wasn't SP settings, but my sloths that dominated gamma died very quickly to alpha. They were just 100% imprint with primitive saddles that weren't bred for best stats. I doubt you'll live alpha with yours. How many sloths have you tamed, you definitely want to breed a high health and melee stat, and better saddles are almost a requirement too.

Yuty stats arent too important just make sure you keep your distance from the broodmother. Pig doesn't make a big difference in boss fights in my opinion, it heals too slow.

7 minutes ago, Thyme said:

This wasn't SP settings, but my sloths that dominated gamma died very quickly to alpha. They were just 100% imprint with primitive saddles that weren't bred for best stats. I doubt you'll live alpha with yours. How many sloths have you tamed, you definitely want to breed a high health and melee stat, and better saddles are almost a requirement too.

Yuty stats arent too important just make sure you keep your distance from the broodmother. Pig doesn't make a big difference in boss fights in my opinion, it heals too slow.

I don't use SP setting either, single-player has weaker bosses by default. I have really good melee (on average around 500%, some go up to 554%), but health is bad (13k average). I have a full set of nineteen, and can probably grind up better saddles, but if that still won't work, I can go the rex route. I'd rather grind more to be certain I'll win than grind hardly any with a huge risk of dying.

22 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

I don't use SP setting either, single-player has weaker bosses by default. I have really good melee (on average around 500%, some go up to 554%), but health is bad (13k average). I have a full set of nineteen, and can probably grind up better saddles, but if that still won't work, I can go the rex route. I'd rather grind more to be certain I'll win than grind hardly any with a huge risk of dying.

If you want to breed a super strong boss line I recommend therizinos for the long run. They're weaker than a sloth when its insect buff is active, but they can eat sweet veggie cakes and are good for every island boss.

If you're only looking to beat the spider for now than some better sloths would be the easy way. Whatever you choose its gotta have good saddles.

45 minutes ago, Thyme said:

If you want to breed a super strong boss line I recommend therizinos for the long run. They're weaker than a sloth when its insect buff is active, but they can eat sweet veggie cakes and are good for every island boss.

If you're only looking to beat the spider for now than some better sloths would be the easy way. Whatever you choose its gotta have good saddles.

Okay, no alpha for these guys. I have a good health, good melee rex and a bad health, good melee theri. I will stay on the look out for another of either. The sweet veggie cake advantage is definitely a big one, a shame they don't work on megatheirium, since their dossier says they're "primarily herbivores".

Like you said, better megatheirium would be the easy way, but since mine won't work, I'll go with either rexes or therizinos, since I can reuse rexes for the megapithicus and therizinos for both the dragon and megapithicus. I will also keep looking for a good saddle.

Also, how should I distribute stats on a rex/theri I plan to use? I know health is very important, but how much melee should I level?

5 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

Also, how should I distribute stats on a rex/theri I plan to use? I know health is very important, but how much melee should I level?

For Rex it mostly depends on the saddle. If you have 100+ armor 30 to 35k hp with 800+ melee is minimum I've used on Alpha Brood. This was official.

Theri's the veggie cake heals 10% of hp up to 2100 hp so go to 21k hp and dump everything else into melee. You want a good saddle for those too. 

On Island my best saddle bp's have been found in swamp and Brute cave. 

6 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

For Rex it mostly depends on the saddle. If you have 100+ armor 30 to 35k hp with 800+ melee is minimum I've used on Alpha Brood. This was official.

Theri's the veggie cake heals 10% of hp up to 2100 hp so go to 21k hp and dump everything else into melee. You want a good saddle for those too. 

On Island my best saddle bp's have been found in swamp and Brute cave. 

Very good advice. If there's one thing my bad megatheirium can do well, it's the Swamp Cave. Waiting for the loot to respawn can take a bit though. That being said, I can probably spend the time grinding up the ridiculous amount of metal I'll need for the saddles. 😅

7 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

Very good advice. If there's one thing my bad megatheirium can do well, it's the Swamp Cave. Waiting for the loot to respawn can take a bit though. That being said, I can probably spend the time grinding up the ridiculous amount of metal I'll need for the saddles. 😅

Tame a Basil. I use to do a swamp then Brute loop. Cuts down on wait time. There is supposed to be good loot in the hard water cave too but I've never got anything worth mentioning. 

5 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Tame a Basil. I use to do a swamp then Brute loop. Cuts down on wait time. There is supposed to be good loot in the hard water cave too but I've never got anything worth mentioning. 

I have one. I tried the Brute once, and ended up leaving. I wasn't terribly overwhelmed, but healing with just fish meat takes a while and I wanted to quit while I was strong. She has ~18k health, if I took it slow, could we do it?

16 minutes ago, R0b1983 said:

Yeah mate. Basil is king if the water. Just be careful of the alpha megalodon that can spawn in there. I like to rest at the 1st mosa spot. You'll know when you get there cause you can walk on land and put down a sleeping bag if needed. 

How this helped 

I got to around there when I attempted it. I've wondered how bringing a daeodon in and putting it on land right near the basi would work to speed up the healing. I know they run out of food extremely fast, but I'd have gotten obnoxious quantities of fish meat to feed it.

16 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

Can I defeat the alpha broodmother? My megatheirium army handled gamma fine with only primitive saddles, but I don't know how beta and eventually alpha will go. Here's what's being used: nineteen imprinted megatheirium (can replace one with a daeodon if needed), around thirteen thousand health on all, primitive saddles (can grind up better ones if needed), and a yutyrannus (for gamma I used a bad one, but I'm planning to get a better stam/more tanky one). Thanks for answering. This is SP by the way.

Honestly it sounds good to me, as long as you toss in a pig. Let them go in with the yuty screaming behind them, mount the pig, wait a few seconds at the start of the match, about the second or third spawn of little spiders, then go ahead and move in on the pig and hit the healing buff. Once you find a reasonable distance from the broodmother but close enough to heal everyone up, start force feeding the pig......I find cooked prime to be the easiest to come by. However if you want the best food source, the best stuff to force feed the pig is superior kibble You can force feed kibble without a cooldown timer between feedings, thus refilling the food stat bar just as fast or faster than he uses it to heal nearby tames. And superior kibble fills 120 food stat per kibble.

As for the saddle's, I have found a yuty saddle to be one of the hardest saddles to find in the entire game.....No joke, Iv come across ascendant rex, giga, quetz, and bronto platform saddles easily compared to even a junk apprentice yuty saddle.......If you plan on upgrading your yuty saddle, prepare for water cave grinds and you might wanna adjust the drop quality to help you in your search here. Otherwise, prep your yuty with a bunch of points into health, and yes, there is a strong chance it will die. Sadly.
Same goes for megatherium saddles, but you can do either the ice cave or swamp cave.....both are stupid dangerous, but at least you don't have to worry about both your tame dieing AND drowning.....and while its not recommended, you can possibly just go through the swamp cave without a scuba suit or a gas mask......better have 500 med brews tho.
....................................................................................
Bottem line, its looking good, the only thing I would do however is get a deadon and fill its inventory with cooked prime meat. Its absolutely good to go after that.

4 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

Okay, no alpha for these guys. I have a good health, good melee rex and a bad health, good melee theri. I will stay on the look out for another of either. The sweet veggie cake advantage is definitely a big one, a shame they don't work on megatheirium, since their dossier says they're "primarily herbivores".

Like you said, better megatheirium would be the easy way, but since mine won't work, I'll go with either rexes or therizinos, since I can reuse rexes for the megapithicus and therizinos for both the dragon and megapithicus. I will also keep looking for a good saddle.

Seen this after my post, sorry for doubling down.

As for a theri army, I look for health over melee.....granted, melee is nice, however health wins the fights. Take a look on youtube for cantex. He pitted all dinos, lvl 75, against their twins.....One side was max health, other side was max melee.....max health always won. Id strongly urge to go with 20k-25k health, then 500% melee.......should be good enough. Oh and anything above primitive for saddles.

11 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I found a 500 armor ascendant flak helmet. It still takes way longer than the easy cave though. 

definitely not good for alpha i did gamma and beta with a mix of 13 megatherium half of them tamed half bred imprinted with stat of roughly 15k hp and 450 melee for the tamed ones and 20k hp 550-600 melee for the bred ones with 40-60 armor and i lost 6 of them on beta 

on top of the 13 megatherium i also had 6 rexes and 1 yuti the rexes are 30k hp 650-700 melee with 60-80 armor,  all rexes survived gamma and beta without much damage, i wouldn't waste time raising a line  of imprinted mutated megatherium just for alpha broodmother, just raise rexes they are more versatile and you can use them in pretty much any boss fight

15 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

I've already said the stats, there's around 500% melee, on average, and around 13k health. From what others have said, this won't be good enough.

If you want, you could either run them around carno island a few times and level them up, or take them into the swamp cave a few times. Get them bumped up to 15-18k health. That should be plenty and then some.

6 hours ago, wizard03 said:

If you want, you could either run them around carno island a few times and level them up, or take them into the swamp cave a few times. Get them bumped up to 15-18k health. That should be plenty and then some.

Both of those are actually how I got them to where they are. I would do this, but I think to be extra safe I think I'll use rexes or therizinos.

9 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

Both of those are actually how I got them to where they are. I would do this, but I think to be extra safe I think I'll use rexes or therizinos.

Fair enough, I was running the theri line myself.....was starting to get tempted on just running tamed wilds as it would be less painful than raising them up from scratch, but since I already had a decent 135  female with lots of melee and a 145 all rounder male, I figured I could keep useing them later.

Archived