Is the desert a good place to live on ragnarok?

ItIsHusk

Hello. I’m a solo pvp player. I have a nice base up on a enclosed hill to the top right mountain (opposite side as the castle) on ragnarok. I’ve had decent materials over there like obsidian, oil, crystal, pears, and wood and stone. However, after pissing off and raiding one of the many tribes that live there, I’ve had a target on my back. I decided to bring some metal walls and foundations on my pteradon and took about 20-30 minutes or hell  possibly more going from Viking bay to the bottom right area of the map in the desert. I chose this area because it looked like the area with the most resources together besides the snow biome. 

and let’s just say when I got there, it wasn’t a pleasant surprise. Aggressive dinos everywhere. I found a place farther from the Carnos to set up the metal base, and before I know it a arethopluera comes out of the middle of nowhere and raptors me up and already takes 2000 health out of some of the walls. 

so my question is, does the desert really have any good amount of most of the resources that would make it worth living here?  And yes I can confirm, I am the only person on this server that lives in the desert. Thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Around 85,50 you will find one of the best metal and obsidian farming places on the map. You should also be covered on stone, flint and scorched earth resources like sand, salt and cactus sap. There is a cave with a southern and western entrance. There is metal inside the cave and all around the southern entrance. You can slotcap an anky here. Outside the western entrance to the cave there is a field with LOTS of obsidian. I'm not sure about crystal in the area, but you also have short travel to your west to reach forest-ey areas with wood, berries, fiber. You're also near the desert red-drops which will be your primary source of gear. Gigas can spawn up in the north-eastern part of the desert, but down here your biggest worries are rock elementals. Build up high on cliffs. 

• 1 month later...

Archived