Invisible Survivors on Official PvE

GreenRoc

My Tribemate is my side account. I store things on him. He is missing from his bed today. Invisible I am guessing. He is supposed to be sleeping on the bed, but I dont see an "access inventory" option for him. I try to use F to get into his body, but I end up accessing the nearby smithy, or I access nothing at all. If my tribemate is going invisible on his bed, I would like to still access his inventory, but looks like currently I cannot.

Relatively to invisible survivors, there was a noob that hid himself inside my base, and I wanted to make sure his body was safe, and I left an unlocked door for the little lad with big feet. But when I remodeled, I couldn't find his body to drag, as I spammed G around to see if I pickup his invisible body, but I never did grab him, so I figured he moved his big Feet somewhere else. Later, I kited a bary to my base one day to get it stuck in my taming trap, and next thing I know bary shoots off in a different direction, appears to eat something, then I saw BigFeet's body bag, where I had seen nothing.

If this game is going to turn unconscious player bodies invisible, can they please let me interact with my tribemate so I can get my alts items?
If I cant see the noob or drag the noob, why could the bary kill him?
Noobs should be invisible to wilds too if I cant interact with Mr BigFeet.
I type F for BigFeet (that was his name too). Rest in Pepperonis.

This game logic makes no sense to me.

But here you have Ark.

Thx for reading.

the game recently changed how it deals w/ bodies.  It derenders them after 2 weeks or so, they are there, but u can't see them.  You can tell a tribemates body is still there if htey lay on a bed, you won't be able to lay on it even when you see noone there.   What happened to your buddy there seems like a textbook case of this mechanism. his body was there, the dino saw it and went for it. 

2 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

the game recently changed how it deals w/ bodies.  It derenders them after 2 weeks or so, they are there, but u can't see them.  You can tell a tribemates body is still there if htey lay on a bed, you won't be able to lay on it even when you see noone there.   What happened to your buddy there seems like a textbook case of this mechanism. his body was there, the dino saw it and went for it. 

Huh, so all those bases built over spawn spots with 500 lvl 1 characters glitched into their foundations are going to have 99% of those bodies disappear, tho the problem still exists? That'd make them even less likely to eventually build exits or move.. :(

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, GreenRoc said:

This game logic makes no sense to me.

But here you have Ark.

It was actually done for good reasons; improve performance. If there is thousands of inactive players sleeping on a server, and the game no longer replicate them to active clients after 2 weeks, then this is data that do not need to be networked and thus improve networking for everyone. This was particularly an issue during the free week-end, where ton of new accounts joined and never came back, without mentioning the infamous "body-bags" that were laying around, etc. Deleting them would have been too radical, while no longer sending them to clients improve the issue and these players can resume where they left at if they ever come back.

You have 2 solutions:

• Use vaults like everyone else.

On 9/29/2020 at 5:42 PM, GrumpyBear said:

You can tell a tribemates body is still there if htey lay on a bed, you won't be able to lay on it even when you see noone there. 

I have the option to lay on the bed, but when I select the option, I do not lay on the bed.

Thank you @invincibleqc your reply makes a lot of sense! I appreciate you taking your time explaining the purpose of this mechanic.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 4:59 AM, sjskdjkfa said:

Huh, so all those bases built over spawn spots with 500 lvl 1 characters glitched into their foundations are going to have 99% of those bodies disappear, tho the problem still exists? That'd make them even less likely to eventually build exits or move.. :(

if its on official make a  report and the GMs will look into player spawn blocking
they can actually see the players when in spectator mode

Archived