ARK Survivors Update

Din0Gamer

Suggestion

Hello to anyone who reads this. This is my take on a “better” ARK Experience. Several Things before I start though......

1. Imagine this update on next-gen consoles and PC

2. This is MY opinion. You are welcome to disagree.

3. I am open to criticism.

4. Dossiers for some creatures are in process.

5. credit to the two mods “ARK additions” and “prehistoric beasts” for several creatures. (note, these creatures are not listed as to each creator in the new creatures section, please visit their pages to define their creatures) Other mods will be Overtly mentioned in the update

6. The “ARKepelago” map will be posted at a later date.

Replying and Reviewing

1. Feel free to review and criticize

2. please try to be polite about it.

3.:Ideas to be added must be brief or small, as MOST things in the list are.

4. I Do not have PVP experience. Any insight into that is appreciated.

5. please refrain from critiquing the Mod service listed in mechanics. I myself am double-taking that and it may be removed in the future.

Now, on to the update...

Dinosaurs

liopleurodon are a permanent tame but buff is lowered and require a saddle

lymantria cam now passively produce silk

morellatops can upgrade water nice tank

thorny dragons have turret mode

enforcers can go into overdrive (30% boost to all stats for 5 min) when force fed element and can be healed via scouts, the same way MEKS can

leeds can be knockout tamed via blunt trauma (like golem or titanosaurus)

deathworm can be fed wyverns eggs like a titanoboa/basilisk

ammonite and eurypterid are passive tamed with absorbent substrate and silica pearls respectively

glowbugs can be tamed and act as another light pet

jug bugs can be passive tamed with cactus sap/cactus broth

reaper queens, cinidaria, insect swarms and rubble golems are still untameable

10%chance for a corrupted reaper queen to spawn in place of a corrupted king. these queens act as normal queens do, but cannot be rebuffed by charge light, but as compensation, they do not have stupid fast regen anymore

can craft defenders

roll rat saddles do not break

kentro, purlovia, eurypterid and dimetrodon get size and model changes as to be rideable

electrophorus can now act like mobile generators, but with limited output. (exactly like TeK generator, but only lowest range)

scorpions will produce narcotics with 5 per hour (this can be sped up in server settings)

Gigantopithecus can uses tools like a mantis, but can also wear armor

dung beetles on wander can pick up dropped feces 

pegomastax and ichthyornis now will not attack unless provoked

iguanodons on wander will collect from crop plots, but will now not eat crops, only berries.

Tamed castoroides when on wander will create new beaver dams that will slowly fill with wood, silica, rare flowers/mushrooms and cementing paste

tapejara can now perch upside down like a megalania

plesiosaur can strafe and have a torpedo attack

players can now stand on allo and theri backs

basilisk and ravagers now have radiation immunity

corrupted drakes and wyverns now can and will lay any type of egg (fire, poison, lighting, ice, all types of crystal (ember, tropical, blood, wind, and life), and drakes drop regular rock drake and crystal drake eggs

Galis have a better turning radius and in groups of 4 or more get a flocking speed and attack buff

gasbags, ovis, phiomia and doedicurus can now harvest berries

karkinos can now walk sideways and strafe, as well as there saddle working as a small foundation (no walls or ceiling, but can place forge, smithy, mortar, and even fabricator on back

megalosaurus now have a reduced effect during day and now have tek helmet like night vision

meks are immune to several debuffs and give the driver several of these, including protection from radiation

oviraptor can pick up dropped eggs (both types)

pachyrhinosaurus now has several gasses that can be swapped via the radial menu: xp boost, camo, aggressive, fortitude boost, adrenaline, and food drop

all flyers can level speed (able to be turned off in server settings)

there is an option to allow or not allow managarmr 

adds creatures to crystal isles: adds from Crystal Isles dino collection mod.

new corrupted are: corrupted kapro, corrupted bronto, corrupted deinonychus

added new x creatures: bog baryonyx, sarco, and kapro, ocean karkinos and pelagornis, volcano stego, doedicurus and thorny dragon, arctic mammoth, dire wolf and troodon, lunar rock drake, reaper, gasbag, velonasaur and tusothelis

new tek creatures: Spino, yutyrannus, wyvern, pteranodon and tek drake

added new aberrant variants: kentro, yuty, tapejara, deinonychus

new creatures: Water (tidal and geyser) metal and earth Wyverns (exclusive to Arkepepago) Hatzegopteryx, Anzu, helicoprion, australovenator, koolasuchus, sinotyrannus and guanlong (and their abberant and X variants) [credit to Djaymasi on Deviantart] Concavenator, Cryolophosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, brachiosaurus, xiphactinus, archelon, deinosuchus (and their x, and aberrant variants) [ARK additions mod], saltasaurus, hainosaurus, giant sea slug, Massospondylus, Ornithocheirus, Postosuchus, Siamosaurus, Tsintaosaurus, Prionosuchus, Dilong, Ouranosaurus (and their x and aberrant variants) [Prehistoric beasts mod] amargasaurus, wuerhosaurus, argentinosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Erlikosaurus, homalocephale, styracosaurus, Nyctosaurus, Shunosaurus, gorgosaurus, protoceratops, ceratosaurus, maiasaura, pliosaurs, gigantspinosaurus, Shonisaurus(ARKepelago exclusive base forms, aberrant and x variants can be found on other maps) [working on a comment to explain these]

aberrant dinos now replace regular dino spawns (except beavers) in the underground forest (extinction)

Maps

valguero: added ice worms to frozen desert.

center, ragnarok, valguero and crystal isles now get explorer notes EXCLUSIVE to that map and UNCONNECTED to any other map or the main story

adds ARKepelago map

structures

only major change is implementing most of the s+ mod

added spoiling bin and element generator, spoiling bin spoils meat, and the element generator, Generates element with one per 2 hours.

added new structures :Massive taxidermy base, Missile turret, Rope bridge, Pulley system, Smithing Station, Metal Locker and water tank

Mechanics

painting dinos now can use color regions

mutation chance is increased

most creatures can breed, but most have extra requirements (example: wyvern and drake dens now cannot be built in, as that is where those creatures can breed) Reapers, both types of titans, deathworms and rock golems can not breed.

artifacts can be tributed at obelisks like ark mobile

Items

extra modifications for firearms (Bullet storage (more ammo) infrared sight (duh) and tracker (sticks to wild dinos and works like transponder)

both types of tranq darts can be loaded into fabricated sniper, with the cost of lower damage/torpor dealt

there is now “shocking tranq harpoon” costing a 1 regular tranq harpoon and 10 biotoxin

aberration, extinction and genesis now have alpha/brute creature trophy mounts (alpha kark,basilisk and reaper, enraged rex and trike, and all brute creatures

beating the overseer gives the new TEKnological armor skins

beating rockwell give the aberrant chest, pants, gloves and boots skins

taxidermies now can be harvested from overseer, master controller (final phase) king titan, desert titan flock, insect and microbe swarms and alpha creatures receive their glow effect

tek bow (costs 1500 metal, 20 element, 20 black pearls, and 550 electronics) can use any arrow as ammo

adding some new modules: mek great sword and sniper rifle modules, enforcer, scout and defense unit modules

adds new saddles for liopleurodon, direwolf, enforcers, defense units, Leedsichthys, eurypterid, kentrosaurus, dimetrodon, griffins, purlovia, Concavenator, Cryolophosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, brachiosaurus, xiphactinus, archelon, deinosuchus, saltasaurus, hainosaurus, Massospondylus, Ornithocheirus, Postosuchus, Siamosaurus, Tsintaosaurus, Prionosuchus, Dilong, Ouranosaurus, amargasaurus, wuerhosaurus, argentinosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Erlikosaurus, styracosaurus, Nyctosaurus, Shunosaurus, gorgosaurus, protoceratops, pliosaurus

finally: tek rifles and railguns can be modified to shoot any time of ammo, only excluding shotgun

Bosses

adds new bosses to center, rag and valguero

Center still has one boss, that being the Great Ape, who reuses the megapithecus model. Rag gets the elemental Griffin, (lava gamma, ice beta and spirit alpha). Val gets the new Tyrannoraptor(tyrant thief) which shares the deinon model.

Scorched earth update

New caves: labyrinth of the doomed, The death mountain, and the cavern of sparks

new Artifacts: Artifact of the demon, Artifact of the Elements and Artifact of the Spire

Manticore now uses wyvern talons, and vanilla artifacts

new boss: the Hydra (aside from looks and having only 3 heads, it is very similar to the atlas hydra)

hydra takes deathworm horns and the artifacts of elements, demon and spire

New Tek Cave buried next to the Wyvern trench.

New Scorched overseer. looks like the normal but rusted and transforms into the scorched guardians)

new stronger version of Adobe, that being sandstone (inbetween of stone and metal)

flamethrower now can be used to light campfires, torches, cooking pots and industrial cookers for a limited time

sandstone can be gained from mining rocks or combing rocks and clay in a preserving bin (kinda like jerky)

And That’s everything in the Update! Enjoy!

11 replies to this server topic

OK. so, After getting some responses and over viewing the entire thing, I will be deleting this from the forums. it is possible I will put it in discussions, simply as an idea (this is impossible to ever get in the game legit) but the more likely spot is to place it at the ARK fanon. a link to their main page should be just below this paragraph. Thanks to anyone who has bothered to look at my cluster of a post. Keep surviving. -Din0gamer

https://ark-survival-evolved-fanon.fandom.com/wiki/Ark_Survival_Evolved_Fanon_Wiki

2 hours ago, SapphireSam7 said:

You have a lot of items going on here, so I have colored it one shade for your response and my own.

• Dinosaurs
    • liopleurodon are a permanent tame but buff is lowered and require a saddle
      • I like it. Even if they wanted to leave it that the creature has the effect for the first 30 minutes of taming and then loses the effectiveness after 30 minutes
    • lymantria cam now passively produce silk
      • I would also like to add that it should be able to harvest silk from plants and perhaps be breedable.
    • morellatops can upgrade water nice tank
      • I am assuming you are referring to how much water they hold? If so, would you have that attached to an existing stat or as a new stat? 
    • thorny dragons have turret mode
      • Makes sense going along with their existing abilities.
    • enforcers can go into overdrive when force fed element and can be healed via scouts
      • What would the "overdrive" function do and for how long? 
      • How would the healing by scouts function work? Is it passive or would it require direct contact? What would the rate be? 
    • leeds can be knockout tamed via blunt trauma (like golem or titanosaurus)
      • If they aren't going to give us more fish, they may as well allow us to tame what exists. I am good with this one... But what would you recommend for taming them when they dive deep and the catapults and such do work?
    • deathworm can be fed wyverns eggs like a titanoboa/basilisk
      • I have seen this request before, so it is a popular opinion amongst some crowds. 
      • The taming method works in my mind for the type of creature. However I would recommend that the creature not have a saddle and that it not be breedable. Powerful, but at the risk of lacky the defence. Much like the standard wyverns. 
    • ammonite and eurypterid are passive tamed with absorbent substrate and silica pearls respectively
      • I am good with this one. Unless you dive deep you never see them and it would be nice to have more to do with them. I would state that that she not be rideable and be restricted to living in water though
    • glowbugs can be tamed and act as another light pet
      • Would you consider it a shoulder mount or merely a hover bug that provides light? 
    • jug bugs can be passive tamed with cactus sap/cactus broth
      • This would only really work if their levels also came in higher. As it is, I can't even see myself taming a jerboa due to the lack of levels. 
    • seekers and nameless are both passive tamed with reaper gland and drake feather respectively
      • What would be their purpose? Rideable? Shoulder pet? 
    • reaper queens, cinidaria, insect swarms and rubble golems are still untameable
      • I am good with Reaper Queens and Insects Swarms being untameable. 
      • I would like Cinidaria to be tameable. Jelly fish that passively create bio toxin. 
      • I would like Rubble Golems to be tameable. Perhaps a bit faster to travel and harvest with at the cost of strength and harvest amount due to their size. 
    • 10%chance for a corrupted reaper queen to spawn in place of a corrupted king. these queens act as normal queens do, but cannot be rebuffed by charge light, but as compensation, they do not have stupid fast regen anymore
      • No comment. Never really cared for Aberration too much and spent no more time than needed exploring the area. Seemed dangerous enough as it was so changing it really should better be discussed by those who spend more time there. 
    • dimetrodon act as living troughs and are easier to tame
      • I am good with them as they are. I do not consider them difficult to tame and any creature acting as a trough seems a bit strange to me.
    • can craft defenders
      • I would not mind the defenders from extinction dropping blueprints like enforcers. It could be pretty cool to ride around in one. 
    • roll rat saddles do not break
      • If the saddles for other creatures do not break, I am not sure why these ones do. They should all take damage, just like armor on a character - or none of them should. 
    • reapers/wyverns/griffins/direwolves now are like equus and can have saddles but do not need them
      • Many like to discuss the pros and cons of having these creatures being saddlable. I think that at this point, for most of them, there is a "replacement" creature that can be tamed that it is now safe to have saddles for them. Once upon a time when they were at the top of their game - maybe not. But by now through proper breeding and taming, their is a lot of competition out there. 
    • kentro, purlovia, electrophorus, eurypterid and dimetrodon get size and model changes as to be rideable
      • Kentro - Nope. Doesn't seem like there is somewhere safe to sit
      • Purlovia - Okay. 
      • Electrophorus - Nope. Like the titanoboa, I think it should be left in "snake" form. 
      • Eurypterid - 50/50. There are upsides and downsides. I would need to know how you think it should be rolled out. 
      • Dimetrodon - On they server I am on we call it the "baby spino" so doesn't it already have a larger form of sorts? 
    • electrophorus can now act like mobile generators, but with limited output.
      • To power items under water? or near water? It can't be pulled from water and I don't think we have much that can be placed under it. 
    • scorpions will produce narcotics with 5 per hour (this can be sped up in server settings)
      • As long as it is a form of narcotics that will decay, I am good with it. Having them passively create a full recipe seems odd. 
      • They should also be breedable. 
    • Gigantopithecus can uses tools like a mantis, but can also wear armor
      • Tools - Good with that one. 
      • Armor - I think the saddle should maybe resemble armor but not that they should wear it. Perhaps some skins for them? 
    • dung beetles on wander can pick up dropped feces and distribute them to crop plots
      • Feces Collection - No problem. 
      • Fertilizer in crop plots - No thank you. 
    • pegomastax and ichthyornis now will not attack unless provoked
      • They are annoying, but that is expected. I am good with them staying as is - just perhaps limiting what they will take when attacked. 
    • iguanodons on wander will collect from crop plots, but will now not eat crops, only berries. saddle works as mobile preserving bin
      • Wander to Collect from crop plots - I am okay with it. There are other methods I would prefer. Wandering creatures lead to lag after all and there are other methods that have been suggested. 
      • Preserving bin saddle - Doesn't that already exist on a hyaenodon? 
    • Tamed castoroides when on wander will create new beaver dams that will slowly fill with wood, silica, rare flowers/mushrooms and cementing paste
      • Good with this along as they have to...
        • Be in range of water as with wild castoroides
        • Be in sets of 2 or more as with wild castoroides
        • There is a well defined limited as to how quickly how many can be built within a time period based on the number of casteriods
        • No foundation placement can be placed within their range, just as with wild castoroides. 
    • lymantria gas now fertilizes crops
      • No thank you.
    • tapejara can now climb walls like a thyla and can perch upside down like a megalania
      • Tapejara - No thank you. 
      • Thylacoleo - No thank you. 
    • basilosaurus have an AoE heal
      • No thank you. 
    • plesiosaur can strafe and have a torpedo attack
      • I would like them to get a little TLC to make it more worth taming, but I am not specific as to how. 
    • players can now stand on allo and theri backs
      • Both are pretty narrow, so I am good either way.
    • basilisk and ravagers now have radiation immunity
      • This is understandable. 
    • added night wyverns to aberration surface
      • The map was designed not to have flyers - I am good with it to remain as such. The rockdrakes seem like plenty.
    • corrupted drakes and wyverns now can and will lay any type of egg (fire, poison, lighting, ice, night, all types of crystal (ember, tropical, blood, wind, and life), and drakes drop regular rock drake and crystal drake eggs
      • Corrupted Creatures were not meant to be breedable nor tameable for a reason. I am good with that remaining true. 
    • Galis have a better turning radius and in groups of 4 or more get a flocking speed and attack buff
      • They do need a TLC - I do not care how it is done. 
    • gasbags, ovis, phiomia and doedicurus can now harvest berries
      • Every creature that you can tame should have a method to feed itself. Ideally they eat in the wild somehow and that should carry over. 
    • karkinos can now walk sideways and strafe, as well as there saddle working as a small foundation (no walls or ceiling, but can place forge, smithy, mortar, and even fabricator on back
      • Good on the directionals. Not sure I would see them as something that has a saddle large enough for what you describe. 
    • megalosaurus now have a reduced effect during day and now have tek helmet like night vision
      • Not sure about this one. I would almost rather they have the owls effect. 
    • meks are immune to several debuffs and give the driver several of these, including protection from radiation
      • It is a machine - so long as you are covered when it is used, sure. If not then no. I have rarely used one so I can't say for sure if you are in an enclosed space or not. 
    • morellatops can now water crop plots from its own tank
      • Didn't you have one for this creature listed earlier? Something about water storage increasing? You may want to combined them to make it easier to sort through them. 
      • Honestly, drinking from them is weird enough, same with the jug bugs. I am good without having this option. 
    • oviraptor can pick up dropped eggs (both types) and will create either an s+hatchery for fertilized or a nest for regular
      • I am good with them collecting eggs, but I think that should be it. The addition of a hatchery or nest should be a separate line and would need some details entailed for a true discussion. 
    • pachyrhinosaurus now has several gasses that can be swapped via the radial menu: xp boost, camo, aggressive, fortitude boost, adrenaline, and food drop
      • It would give them another use. Depending on how strong you are thinking these gases should be and how they should be set and used on a controller. 
    • all flyers can level speed (able to be turned off in server settings)
      • I am pretty sure Wildcard stated that this would not be happening at some point. I think it was when it was suggested and they were still going over suggestions in the community crunches. 
      • I am not saying I wouldn't like it - it would be nice. But at the same time I know why they took it away. I think it would depend if there were limits implemented or if it were to be considered free reign. 
    • Rock Drakes/wyverns/crystal wyverns/magmasaur will now take other items when raising: Drakes take basilisk scales, wyverns take elementsulfur (only found in wyvern trenches), crystal wyverns take blue/red/green gems respective of color, magmasaur s take molten obsidian (found inside the volcano)
      • Not sure why this is a need. They each have specific things that fit their specific needs. I am good with it as is. 
    • there is an option to allow or not allow managarmr transfer
      • From an unofficial standpoint - sure.
    • chance for gacha to drop loot crystals is increased dramatically and can now produce saddles of creatures in said gacha’s tribe
      • The only change I would like for gacha's is an option to remove the "Special Gacha Crystals". Most of those I picked up were for the resources not the random items they drop that are lower level than what I use or have. 
    • adds tons of crystal creatures to crystal isles: all ones in cidc, blood allosaurus,Tropical Tapejara, liquified and crystal leed, ember velonasaur, liquefied kapro, wind and life crystal wyverns, ember and tropical crystal deinonychus, crystal thorny dragons, crystal deathworms, crystal sarco, crystal mosa and basil
      • If I recall correctly, the only "Crystal" creature we did not receive when crystal isles was released had been the Crystal Griffin. There were certainly other creatures on the map, but I don't recall them necessarily being a "crystal" form. I could be wrong though. I do not play the steam version and as such didn't fiddle with the mod directly. And when I learned the map was coming to xbox, I made sure not to watch the video's related in order to see the map with fresh eyes. 
      • Regardless, as it was a free map - I am happy with what we received. If the map had been something we would have to pay for, I would have expected more. But we didn't so I will have to disagree with this particular note. 
    • corrupted creatures can be “cured” and tamed. new corrupted are: corrupted kapro, corrupted bronto, corrupted deinonychus and corrupted bloodstalker (corrupted retain their turret dmg reduction, but now take full damage from everything else. (Gigas, wyverns, reapers and drakes are still unnameable)
      • No thank you. They were added as they were for a reason and I am okay with them being left as is. 
    • added new x creatures: Redwood direbear, thylacoleo, microraptor, megaloceros and diplodocus, dunes gallimimus, morellatops, wyverns, deinonychus and basilisk. bog baryonyx, sarco, and kapro, ocean karkinos and pelagornis, volcano stego, doedicurus and thorny dragon, arctic mammoth, dire wolf and troodon, lunar rock drake, reaper, gasbag, velonasaur and tusothelis
      • Personally, I have to agree with this one.
      • As with Aberration, where the creatures on the map were ALL affected by the conditions on the map I do think the same should had gone for the x-creatures on Genesis. They should have been directly affected by the type of Biome they resided in.  This picking and choosing method didn't make any sense to me. When they showed the "sneak peak" of the creatures before the map was released, I thought that was all it was, a sneak peak. Not that they were showing all they were going to give us. If that were the case I would have voted that they stick to those that have not had a second version (aberrant form) previously provided. How many times are they doing to "reskin" some of these creatures? We don't need that many parasarus...
    • new tek creatures: Spino, yutyrannus, wyvern, pteranodon and tek drake
      • Ehh... Not a fan of the tek creatures in general. I don't tame them unless I am helping someone else find them. 
    • added many aberrant variants: kentro, yuty, thorny dragon, megalodon, itchy, tapejara, pteranodon, deinonychus, rock golem(surface), mantis, velonasaur, gacha, bloodstalker, magmasaur as well as most abberants from “Additional aberrant dinos” mod
      • We received plenty of aberrant creatures when the map came out and I am good with it staying as such. If Genesis two happens to have an "aberrant biome" then sure, creature more. Otherwise I think they are good as they are. 
    • new creatures: Water (tidal and geyser) metal and earth Wyverns (exclusive to Arkepepago), Hatzegopteryx, Anzu, Helicoprion, Australovenator, Guanlong, Koolasuchus, Sinotyrannus, Postosuchus, (and their x, aberrant and crystal variants), Concavenator, Cryolophosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, brachiosaurus, xiphactinus, archelon, deinosuchus (and their x, aberrant and crystal variants), saltasaurus, hainosaurus, giant sea slug, Massospondylus, Ornithocheirus, Postosuchus, Siamosaurus, Tsintaosaurus, Prionosuchus, Dilong, Ouranosaurus (and their x, aberrant and crystal variants) amargasaurus, wuerhosaurus, argentinosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Erlikosaurus, homalocephale, styracosaurus, Nyctosaurus, Shunosaurus, gorgosaurus, protoceratops, ceratosaurus, maiasaura, pliosaurus, Metriacanthosaurus, gigantspinosaurus, Chungkingosaurus, Shonisaurus(ARKepelago exclusive base forms, aberrant, crystal and x variants can be found on other maps)
      • Honestly, there are so many listed - most of which by name without a description of what they would equate to and I going to have to say pass. 
    • aberrant dinos now replace regular dino spawns (except beavers) in the underground forest
      • Underground forest where? Which map are you referring to? You keep listing both mod maps and maps that Ark has taken on so I am a bit confused. 
    • many if not all creatures get stat and small ability changes for balancing
      • For which creatures? How do they each need balancing? What would that look like? 

Maps

• Crystal Isles: added jet stream islands and life jungle.
    • Are these part of the mod version of the map you would like to have added or something else? And why? 
  • genesis prt1: added lost colony area to lunar biome where aberration, and extinction creatures can be found. added dunes biome and scorched earth creatures. added a glacial cave area to the arctic biome. added autumn biome with thylacoleo, megalosaurus and others. removed no flyer rule in genesis. added crystal wyverns to respective biomes. added drake nests into the lunar biome.
    • I would rather wait to see what they plan to do with Genesis Part 2. Who knows, some of this may be included. 
  • valguero: added ice worms to frozen desert. added rock drakes and reapers to the unknown. added corrupted ruins (extinction) added magmasaur into wyvern trench. added megachelon into the abyss. added ferox to artifact cunning cave. added lifeblood trench.
    • Ice Worms? Sure they are frosty creatures anyway so that can make sense. 
    • Reapers and Rock Drakes were removed. Most likely because it is a free map and they were introduced on a paid map. So I am good with them remaining there. Had it been a paid map, I may vote differently, but as it is I am good. 
    • Corrupted Ruins. Again paid vs. free. I don't think everything we get from a paid map should be included on a free map. If they did so why would we then pay for a map? 
    • Magmasaur. Genesis came out after Valguero was added, so why backtrack and again, add a creature from a paid map to a free map? 
    • Megachelon. Same as last. 
    • Ferox. Same as last. 
    • LIfeblood trench? 
  • for scorched earth refer to the scorched earth segment
    • Okay...
  • ragnarok and the center don’t have very many changes except for later introduced creature spawns
    • Creatures introduced on new maps, paid or unpaid, should remain on new maps and should not be backwards spawned in my opinion. It is one of the driving forces to move forward to the new maps. 
    • The only exception would be if they were to fix and re-introduce a map. Such as closing down all Ragnarok maps and putting out a "Enhanced Ragnarok" or "Ragnarok Re-mastered" map. At that point it would be new with fixes and I think the spawns could be adjusted accordingly.
  • the island gets the desert isles and underworld.
    • The island is a good starter map as is and I think it should remain as such. 
  • aberration gets the desert tunnels, corrupting ruins, and arctic caverns
    • No thank you. Aberration was introduced as it is for a reason. I think it should remain as such. 
  • extinction gets 3 new proto-arks those being the Ocean dome, volcano dome and the Marsh dome
    • If you are referring to having 3 new "Biome Bubbles" as those on my cluster were calling them, again no thank you. If they wanted to do so they would have. As it is the map has enough lag and adding more "Biome Bubbles" could cause further issue with the map. 
  • most later creatures now spawn on every map
    • You can do, with most, on unofficial. And I think that is the way it should remain. Mostly for reasons explained previously.
  • center, ragnarok, valguero and crystal isles now get explorer notes exclusive to that map and unconnected to any other map or the main story
    • The Center, Ragnarok, Valguero, and Crystal Isles were not intended as story ark maps. They were merely free maps added to the line up. As such they are not part of the story-ark and I think they should remain as such. If they wished to add them after doing a re-mastering of the maps, sure. but as such I do not think notes should be arbitrarily placed on the maps. 
  • all maps get nodes for other map resources (ex: sand on the island, gems on scorched)
    • Again this is something that can be worked in unofficially. I do not think it should be done officially. It is another reason to drive the travel between maps. If all maps have everything - why travel between them? 
  • adds ARKepelago map
    • I am all good with having new maps added. I do think that if they are free maps, they should be treated as such with minimal items added with the map. But if they are added as paid, that should then change accordingly. 

structures

• only major change is implementing most of the s+ mod
    • What is "most of the s+ mod"? What from it would you like to see vs not? This could be considered a very vague statement since so much is included with the mod. 
  • added spoiling bin and element generator
    • Is this from a mod? What do they each do? Line items? Power? Cost Ratios? 
  • added most structures from ARKepelago (Massive taxidermy base, Missile turret, Tame Chart, Rope bridge, Pulley system, Smithing Station, Metal Locker)
    • You say most structures, are there any you don't want added? Why do you think these should be added?
  • vacuum compartment can now be placed above water to make a water tank, able to hold aquatic tames with adequate space
    • So rather than having a separate piece to create an above ground pool, you would rather re-assign an existing piece? Why?

Mechanics

• painting dinos now can use color regions
    • Is this to avoid having to tame/breed for mutations? Or is this to simply make painting easier? 
  • base game level cap is increased to counteract the increased amount of engrams, and engrams unlock automatically with each level
    • So you want to enforce the idea that every character should be able to unlock every engram? And as they are leveling? Personally I find that laggy and annoying as I do not use all the engrams. It also defeats the purpose of having to pick and choose which you will use based on the points you have remaining. No thank you. 
  • mutation chance is increased
    • While I do a lot of breeding and getting mutations can be tricky. I do not think they need to be increased. Re-worked perhaps, but not increased. 
  • most creatures without a gender now have one. exceptions are the creatures that still cannot breed
    • So you want all creatures to have a gender unless they can't breed? For the most part isn't that true? Sure we have a few creatures that cannot be bred that have genders (such as the big wyverns), but I don't think there are any breedable creatures without genders. I think this statement is a bit confusing. 
  • most creatures can breed, but most have extra requirements (example: wyvern and drake dens now cannot be built in, as that is where those creatures can breed)
    • Now you want to turn breeding on for most creatures. You state most, but only provide two examples. What creatures are you thinking about and what would be the requirements you are referring too and why would they be requirements to the process? What would keep some of they creatures from being seen as "OP" if breeding was turned on? 
  • there are still some creatures that cannot breed: rock golems, reapers, titans (both extinction and titanosaurus) and deathworms still can’t breed
    • Why specifically these creatures? 
  • however, with reapers there is a small chance for a mutation
    • So no breeding, but you still want mutations? Are you talking event color mutations or actual breeding mutations? 
  • loot tables are both expanded and changed for supply drops and crates. whit and green both can now have dyes, recipes, and other materials, while blue, purple and yellow will yield journeyman and above blue prints and tools/weapons/saddles, (structure blueprints can be dropped by white and green), and red guarantees either master craft or ascendant blueprints, with tools/weapons/saddles being rarer
    • So you want to re-work the loot tables for drops... No thank you. That is already an option on unofficial and I think it should remain as such. 
  • mods are now available on console as a separate download costing (10.50 american dollars) select mods will be voted in every 2 months. the service will launch with primal fear, pugnacia, olympus, hope and jurassic ark. With this separate service, console players can chose to add a mod to a save file, singleplayer world or server.
    • So Steam would get free mods and Consoles have to pay for them? Not only that but you are limited not by the condition or size of the mod, but by a vote? No thank you. 
  • artifacts can be tributed at obelisks like ark mobile
    • No comment. I have never played ark mobile to even know what you are talking about here and there is no detailed explanation. 

Items

• extra modifications for firearms (Bullet storage (more ammo) infrared sight (duh) and tracker (sticks to wild dinos and works like transponder)
    • Which firearms should get which "modificaitons"? 
    • Are they skins with effects? Add ons? New default settings? 
  • both types of tranq darts can be loaded into fabricated sniper, with the cost of lower damage/torpor dealt
    • Why the fabricated sniper and not the standard? Why not an Advanced Longneck Rifle or some other tranq themed weapon? 
  • there is now “shocking tranq harpoon” and toxicant arrows
    • Yes on the shocking tranq harpoon.
    • Not sure on the toxicant arrows. How are they different from tranq arrows? 
  • aberration, extinction and genesis now have alpha/brute creature trophy mounts (alpha kark,basilisk and reaper, enraged rex and trike, and all brute creatures)
    • No comment. I don't use them. 
  • overseers, rockwell, and the king titan now have boss tributes needed instead of the trophies of said bosses
    • I prefer these as they are. 
  • all bosses (including titans and overseers) now have shield skins
    • I would prefer they each have a full set of gear - that goes beyond just a shield skin. 
  • beating the overseer gives the TEKnological armor skins
    • Is that an existing skin or a new one you are coming up with. It doesn't ring a bell? 
  • beating rockwell give the aberrant chest, pants, gloves and boots skins
    • Again, are you talking an existing set that already had parameters given to earn it or a new set? 
  • taxidermies now can be harvested from overseer, master controller (final phase) king titan, desert titan flock, insect and microbe swarms and alpha creatures receive their glow effect
    • Okay with this. 
  • tek bow
    • More details needed. Durability, cost, arrow type, how fast in comparison, reason to use it, crossbow or longbow type? 
  • adding some new modules: mek great sword and sniper rifle modules, enforcer, scout and defense unit modules
    • No comment. 
  • the overseer drops the overseer trophy and when tributed, will spawn a tameable version of a select boss. (alpha maximum, and this works with the rockwell trophies, as well as the [spoiler]) (bosses, when wild, will have alpha stats, but only beta or gamma when tamed, using the titan damage check) these bosses are tamed by nearly killing them, then, using the also spawned boss cloak, tamed with the given food. broodmother takes Webbing, megapithecus takes bananas, dragon takes giga eyes, manticore takes wyvern flesh, [spoilers] takes [spoilers], and [spoilers] take [spoilers] (this can be turned off in server settings) bosses cannot be taken into boss arenas and (unless turned off in settings) will slowly corrupt into element, yes, allowing for more element, but also dying.
    • No thank you. To OP and not necessary. I don't even care for the extinction titans being tameable and this goes beyond those. 
  • adds new saddles for liopleurodon, direwolf, enforcers, defense units, Leedsichthys, deathworms, eurypterid, electrophorus, kentrosaurus, dimetrodon, griffins, purlovia, reapers, wyverns, crystal wyverns, Hatzegopteryx, Anzu, Helicoprion, Australovenator, Guanlong, Koolasuchus, Sinotyrannus, Postosuchus, Concavenator, Cryolophosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, brachiosaurus, xiphactinus, archelon, deinosuchus, saltasaurus, hainosaurus, giant sea slug, Massospondylus, Ornithocheirus, Postosuchus, Siamosaurus, Tsintaosaurus, Prionosuchus, Dilong, Ouranosaurus, amargasaurus, wuerhosaurus, argentinosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Erlikosaurus, styracosaurus, Nyctosaurus, Shunosaurus, gorgosaurus, protoceratops, pliosaurus
    • Some of these see like new creatures that you didn't provide and details on and some that do not seem necessary. More details needed. 
  • finally: tek rifles and railguns can be modified to shoot any time of ammo, only excluding shotgun
    • Why? How? Results? Stats? Cost? 

Bosses

• New boss difficulty after ascension alpha on any given ark: Omega
    • What? From I know it goes Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Omega. Now you have Omega at the top? Given - the Omega term can be a bit more fluid depending the understand and use of the term. Yet I have never seen nor read of it surpassing an Alpha status. I would suggest a new phrasing or a better explanation as to why. 
  • Omega bosses are extremely difficult and only advised to massive alpha tribes or creative mode single players. boss arenas get a light red overlay and small environmental changes. (ex: lava is now obsidian in dragon arena, wild creatures flee in the titan arenas, and all structures are broken in the rag arena) Broodmother becomes the colors of a black widow, megapithecus fur becomes red, while skin matches gamma, dragon skin becomes black, while wing flaps become crimson. overseer’s tek bits become crimson. manticore and [spoilers] match their gamma coloring, but environments turn into volcanic colors. [spoilers]. Rockwell's element now is crimson, while the tek is now brown with rust. King titan now has red instead of purple, but otherwise looks identical to the alpha version. moeder now is a deep, dark blue with red tones, and the master controller is now red. rag, valguero, center and crystal isles do not have Omega difficulty. follows survivor, not server, so technically, only one survivor is required to activate an omega boss
  • all bosses drop tributes as well as trophies (broodmother mandible(alpha, beta, gamma) megapithecus hand (alpha, beta gamma) dragon fang (alpha, beta, gamma) manticore stinger (alpha, beta, gamma) [spoiler] horns (alpha, beta, gamma) [spoiler] tongue (alpha, beta, gamma) [spoiler] toxin (alpha, beta, gamma) [spoiler] feather (alpha, beta, gamma) [spoiler] spine (alpha, beta, gamma) and Ice titan claw (titan, god), forest titan branch (titan and god) and desert titan wingtip (titan and god)
  • titans now have titan and god difficulties, with god tributes needed for the alpha king titan (god titans can still be tamed, and for reference, a beta tamed god ice titan has the same stats as an alpha tamed titan ice titan)
  • adds new bosses to scorched, aberration, center, rag and valguero
  • scorched bosses will be addressed in the scorched earth redo section, the new Aberration bosses are the RiverSerpent (extremely large basilisk), MarshDrake (glowing Rockdrake), reaper empress (self explanatory). These boss's tributes are required to access and beat rockwell. Center still has one boss, that being the Great Ape, who reuses the megapithecus model. Rag gets the elemental Griffin, (lava gamma, ice beta and spirit alpha). Val gets the new Tyrannoraptor(tyrant thief) which shares the deinon model.
  • four new titans: The Sulfur Titan (sulfur titan rock), the Ocean Titan (ocean titan fin), the Volcano titan (volcano titan ember) and the marsh titan (marsh titan leaf)
    • This is a not a comment on the last bullet, but rather the entire section. No thank you. There is enough as it is and as new maps come out I am sure we will be given more then. So overall, no thanks. 

Scorched earth update

• Major map changes include: Desert Hollow (aberration), Tek Ruins (extinction), crystalline hive (crystal wyverns), Active trench, swampy oasis, frozen cavern and underground ocean (genesis, island) and 3 new caves.
  • new Artifacts: Artifact of the demon, Artifact of the Elements and Artifact of the Spire
  • Manticore now uses wyvern talons, and artifacts of the spire and crag
  • two new bosses: the Hydra (aside from looks and having only 3 heads, it is very similar to the atlas hydra) and the DuneWorm (massive deathworm)
  • hydra takes new tributes and the artifacts of elements and destroyer
  • Duneworm uses deathworm horns and artifacts of the gatekeeper and demon
  • with each boss defeated, new creatures will spawn across the map
  • new creatures are Chimera (chimera hoof used for hydra, and spawning after manticore defeat, looks like a large sabre cross an ovis and dilopho, egg steal tame) Wendigo (spawn after hydra defeat, looks like a malformed, quadrupedal galimimus, KO tame) and Banshee (spawn after duneworm defeat, look like demented pteranodons, passive during day, passive tame)
  • New Tek Cave buried next to the Wyvern trench.
  • New Scorched overseer. looks like the normal but rusted and transforms into the scorched guardians)
  • new stronger version of Adobe, that being sandstone (inbetween of stone and metal)
  • flamethrower now can be used to light campfires, torches, cooking pots and industrial cookers for a limited time
  • sandstone can be gained from mining rocks or combing rocks and clay in a preserving bin (kinda like jerky)
    • Again, not a comment on this last bullet, but the entire section. No thank you. At this point I would rather have a new map as opposed a re-working of an old map. Not only that, but what you are suggesting changes the map from a desert map to a biome flexible one which is not what the map was intended as. So again, no thank you. 

Wow that was a long one. And unfortunately while I didn't mind some parts, there were several I either couldn't get behind, didn't understand, or required a better explanation to figure out your reasonings for them. For that reason I cannot upvote this suggestion. 

It is often hard to do so when you combine so many ideas into one post. The more you put into a post, the less likely readers tend to upvote them simple because of the sheer number of different thoughts involved. They, like me, may like some parts, but not all parts of it, and because of that they tend not to upvote it as a whole. That is why it seems to be easier to put in suggestions that are singular or subject based versus covering so many thoughts at one time. 

Again, not hating it, just not loving all of it. 

I 100% agree with all of this. Beautiful reply. In my opinion, some of the original suggestion feels a bit more like a mod than actual ARK. New weapons, tek, features, sure, but any "fantasy" elements don't seem appropriate (lifeblood, underworld, and a powerful boss trophy all don't feel like ARK). I also am confused in some places where the OP mentions creatures not actually ingame, in suggestions that aren't related to adding them. Some of the OP's ideas are good, and some I don't agree with.

Jesus, I don't even know where to start with this post. What a balancing nightmare. Some of these are common sense, like being able to upgrade Morellatops water and Thorny Dragons getting a turret mode(Which I think all creatures have already, so this one may be pointless), but other ones are just... wow. Aberrant versions of creatures that don't spawn on Aberration? Aberrant forms of creatures from other DLC? Tameable bosses? 

Not to mention you don't want to add just one or two new creatures, you've got a whole paragraph of just names with no information as to what they'd possibly do in a game filled with creatures that are often very samey. 

The suggested changes to the maps should just be forgotten about. The moment the Island gets a desert or Aberration cave is the moment I never touch this game again. Any sense of world building or story structure would be lost.

I honestly can't comment on everything in this post, so I will say this. You honestly seem to be adding stuff just for the sake of adding stuff, which is by far one of the worst ways to update a game. There are some cool things in here, but it's so hard to sift through all the ideas that just don't make any sense in any regard. You said you probably couldn't balance for PvP, but I'd argue you can't balance for any mode in this game. I know this is a scathing reply, but I just can't put sugar onto this reply when I've got to comment on such a clusterraptor of a post. 

Understandable. I did ask for criticism. I get the frustration. I tend to be a bit...... overwhelming on things I like IRL, so yes, I may have gone overboard. I am currently thinking of toning it down soon and adding some explanation on creatures, but, until that happens, I get your frustration at this.

Hello. This response is being written directly after a large overhaul. First, thanks for the feedback. Second, many of the “overdone “ things have been removed, such as the mod service or boss difficulty. I still have a few tweaks, but aside from that, I think I've reached the final version. Third, the thing seeming most confusing: the new creatures. I have dossiers in the works, but for now, here are some descriptions for them.

1. Water/earth/metal wyverns

all three of these are exclusive to the ARKepelago map. Water wyverns come in two variants, those being Tidal, which are the first flyers able to swim, but do not have a breath weapon, and the Geyser, which do have a breath weapon, but can not swim. TLDR, Tidal good movement, geyser good combat. Earth and metal wyverns are far slower than other wyverns. earth wyverns however are super adept at grounded combat. Metal wyverns fire a stream of metal shards that cause bleed. (do not need saddles)

2. Concavenator,Cryolophosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, brachiosaurus, xiphactinus, archelon, deinosuchus

These fellas are a part of the ARK additions mod. look that up for more info. They can be found on most maps and are not exclusive to ARKepelago. 

Concavenator: sand shark

Cryolophosaurus: tranquilizing/freezing machine

Acrocanthosaurus: Super tanky carnivore

Brachiosaurus: super sauropod

Xiphactinus: speedy swarm fish

Archelon: multi seater biotoxin turtle

Deinosuchus: mega gator

3. saltasaurus, hainosaurus, giant sea slug, Massospondylus, Ornithocheirus, Postosuchus, Siamosaurus, Tsintaosaurus, Prionosuchus, Dilong, Ouranosaurus, kelenken, and neovenator

Similar situation here, these are from the Prehistoric Beasts mod. Again, not exclusive to ARKepelago. (do need saddles)

Saltasaurus: mini titanosaur

Hainosaurus: super powered mosasaur

Sea slug: hainosaur sustenance

Massospondylus: desert nomad prosauropod

Ornithocherus: Honestly, I don’t know it’s use

Postosuchus: (mixed with the djaymasi concept) burrowing redwoods egg stealer

Siamosaurus: Angler gel powerup spinosaur

Tsintaosaurus: early game escapist

Neovenator: Super powerful megalosaurus

Klenken: powerful terrorbird

Prionosuchus, Dilong and ouranosaurus are unreleased

4. Amargasaurus

Amargas are a passive tame with otherworldly kibble. defensive temperament. They are excellent wood gatherers, but their true purpose is sieges. They have two saddles, one being a ladder to scale walls, and the other with a ballista loaded on it’s back. (does not need saddle)

5. Whuererosaurus

Wheureros are KO tames with Otherworldly kibble. defensive temperament. They have a small pack boost up to 3, and their saddles, similarly to magmasaurus, completely protect the rider. Only exceptions are large environmental things such as meteors on extinction or volcanoes on genesis. (does need saddle)

6. Argentinosaurus

Argentinos can be tamed with both variations of KO, through tranqs or catapults/cannons. (tranqs are less costly, but blunt trauma is faster.) they are fair alternates to Titanosaurus on PVE, and arguably the strongest tame one can have permanently on PvP. (does need saddle)

7. Shantungosaurus

Shants are the earliest creature with a platform saddle available, even more so than paracers, because their platforms are wood instead of metal. They are among the best options for earlier game raids or cargo transport. They are simple KO tames. (does need saddle)

8. charcharodontosaurus.

charchars are some of the strongest creatures one can have, despite being largely lethargic. They are passive tames, but one can only tame them in their lethargic state. they have a special “stealth” mode, where, after getting a “surprise kill” they get two buffs, one lasting 5 min called “Ambush” and another lasting until the rider dismounts called “Awakened”. Ambush gives them basically a Yutyrannus boost, but cannot be stacked with such. Awakened will have the Charchar move around very similar to a rex, until the rider dismounts. After dismount, a 5 min timer starts where another surprise kill must be made or it will return to it’s lethargic state. (does need saddle)

9. Erlikosaurus

Erlikosaurus are animals built for constriction. They are a KO tame with otherworldly kibble. they can harvest from most nodes, and reduce structure weight in their inventories. Players can also walk on their backs to reach higher points of interest. (does need saddle)

10. Homalocephale

Homalos serve two purposes with two different taming mechanics. for regular and x homalos, they are simple KO tames, but for the aberrant, they are passive tames with acerbic mushrooms. Normally, they are KO tools that help with the knocking out portion of taming. In aberration, they do that but also act as a light pet when set on passive. (does not need saddle)

11. Styracosaurus

Styrackos, like the amargas, are war dinos. They are KO tames. They have 3 different attachments. First, is two saddles, one regular and the other a ballista. The final attachment is head and horn armor, allowing them to penetrate metal. (needs saddle)

12. Nyctosaurus

Nyctosaurus are a new passive tamed pterosaur. They have a saddle and an attachment. The saddle can seat 2 though. The attachment is a wench system, able to lift specific platforms and the things on it. the specific platforms can hold up two three storage boxes (large) a smithy, and two to three paras/one trike. (needs saddle)

13. Shunosaurus

Shunosaurus is the last creature listed used for sieging bases. They are Blunt trauma tames but with no specific body part to hit. Their tails can and will damage metal, and they are VERY tanky. These are also somewhat useful in mining. (needs saddle)

14. Gorgosaurus

Gorgosaurus are a terrifying predator to fight. They are raise-only tames, but to get an egg, a female must get below 10% health, and then they will enter a giga-like rage mode. They are usually found as pairs, but can spawn single or in trios. Their bites will cause bleeding, and has a 30% chance to inflict a damaging poison that can affect bosses. They CAN be brought into boss arenas, but seem to be immune to healing from deodon and snow owls. They only seem to take healing from Battle Tartare in these situations. There is a catch to getting gorgosaurus eggs for mutations though. That risk is that after the egg is grabbed, the female will rage-out, attacking tames and tribemates and not listening to commands. (requires saddle)

15. Protoceratops

Protoceratops are small, passive tames, very similar to the lystrosaurus. They, despite also being very cute, have really a singular purpose. they have a specially made “saddle” similar to the hyaenodon, that serves a purpose. that purpose is being a mobile crop plot. with water jars or canteen in their inventories, when equipped with this saddle, they can grow crops on the go. level does affect growth speed. example: A tamed level 150 lystro with the saddle, a rockarrot seed and canteens in its inventory, will grow rockarrots at 3 times speed to in a crop plot with vanilla settings. (does not need saddle)

16. Ceratosaurus.

Ceratos are one of the few creatures I am somewhat unsure of what it could do. I am leaving this one open to suggestions, although my current idea is it being good with harvesting hide and being able to bust open all types (except tek) dino gates. (needs saddle)

17. Maiasaura

Maiasaura are passive tames. They serve as breeding helpers. When on wander, they have a AOE buff to shorten breeding time, and with babies placed near it, it will imprint on them when required, although they will need the items asked for in their inventories. They work wonders with procoptodon. Example: A baby wyvern will have imprint quality gained, but if it asks for wyvern milk, the maiasaura will need that in it’s inventory. (needs saddle)

18. Pliosaurs

The pliosaurs are an apex of the ocean, and are basically built for running aquatic caves. Their, rather expensive, saddles are tandem seated and provide oxygen for the occupants. The downside to that, aside from material cost, is that the plio cannot be “teleport ridden” like all other creatures can. EX: a person must walk onto the plio’s back and fall into the saddle to ride. their bites to extra damage to tusos and ammonites, and they are relatively fast. as stated, they are practically built for aquatic cave running. (needs saddle)

19. Gigantspinosaurus.

Another stegosaur, the gigantspino is an unusual tame. To tame one, it first must be fed enough narcotics/biotoxin to knock it out. Then, they will only take otherworldly kibble, despite being relatively low-tier. The reward for this though? 1. a mobile spike wall. 2. one of only a few land dinosaurs that can strafe. 3. and excellent berry and thatch harvester. 4. a PVP jack of most trades. and 5. A dino able of INSTAKILLING a player or creatures smaller than a raptor, regardless of health or level. yes. that is legit. The cost to its most powerful trick though, is its long windup and cool down times, as well as the fact that getting hit for 150 dmg or more during windup, will cause the attack to, if it still connects, do only half of the targets remaining health, no more or less. This means that you cannot kill a raptor on 1% heath or lower, with interruption, due to it never getting over half its remaining health. EX: an uninterrupted swing can instakill a raptor, but interrupted it will only do half its health. 100% to 0%, 100% to 50%. (requires saddle)

20. Shonisaurus

The only other creature that I am somewhat unsure of. This titan of the sea used to have the idea of being the most tanky of the aquatic life and a platform saddle, but that got (sry for the pun) swallowed, by what I would imagine the leeds to do. so my current thoughts are very similar to the space whale. interesting damage potential, ok health, slow speed, but fair weight. (needs saddle)

21. Hatzegopteryx, anzu, helicoprion, australovenator, koolasuchus, guanlong and sinotyrannus

These guys have a very similar story to 2. and 3. These 7 creatures had their basis with Djaymasi of DeviantArt. (all need saddles)

Hatzegopteryx: NIght sky raider

Anzu: hypnotist peacock

Helicoprion: Buzzsaw killer

Australovenator: heatwave meat scraper

Koolasuchus: insatiable amphibian

Guanlong: knife feathers

Sinotyrannus: paralyzing carnivore

22. Platybelodon:

The platybelodon is an invaluable tame in the ARKepelago, as it is the only creature that is immune to the venoms of the Prestosuchus. Although they do not appear in the aberrant cave systems, these mammals are still immune to the radiation found there. They have mediocre combat potential in being able to lob boulders of earth like the chalicotherium. The Platybelodons are also the only creatures that prestosuchus will not attack. They are many survivors' gateway to the aberrant isles. To tame one, simply passive tame it with otherworldly kibble (requires saddle to ride)

23. Prestosuchus:

The Prestosuchus are some of the rarer creatures of the ARKepelago, even rivaling the rarity of the thunderbirds. Although, they do have a strangely large population around the cavernous entrances to the Aberrant Isle. Most survivors want or need to venture into this cave system to get materials or creatures, but most flyers, except the rare Aberrant Tapejara, straight refuse to enter the cave system, so most survivors need to venture in on foot. However, this puts them at risk from the large and aggressive prestosuchus hordes. Prestosuchus, even when tamed, exert a very deadly poison not dissimilar from the megalania’s poison, but less effective on humans. The issue is, this poison can affect creatures, and even with antidotes, creatures will very likely die. There is a solution to these poisons though. To tame a prestosuchus, one must KO it, then, just as they are falling asleep, they will lay an egg for survivors to collect. (needs saddle)

24. Baculites:

The Baculites are a very dangerous creature, even within the ARKepelago. They are the only cephalopods able to fight back against the Helicoprion hordes of the deep. The Baculites is a strange tame. They must have their shells broken in combat, then they will fall into an unconscious state. They must be fed stimulants until they wake up, and then they will be tamed. When tamed, they work excellently in tandem with a Dunkleosteus, with the baculites able to harvest pearls from rocks and “coral” from coral nodes, which acts as a substitute for wood and thatch. However, they truly excel in combat. Their spiral shells can break through metal with enough time, and they heal extremely quickly when fed Stimulants. Their only major downfalls are speed and raw power, as their attack speed is great, their damage is rather low. (requires saddle to ride)

25. Gastonia:

Gastonia are some of the Tankiest creatures on the ARKepelago. Their Armor plating all but deflects arrows, and absorbs most damage from bullets. The only way for them to be KO’d for taming is to knock them on their backs via explosives or immense force. After KO, they will tame with Otherworldly kibble. They have 3 saddles, one regular, one platform, and one with a mounted missile turret. They have truly earned the nickname “living Tank”. (requires saddles to ride)

26. Tanystropheus:

The Tanystropheus is not exactly a dinosaur, despite that not being unusual. It spends its time on the rocky shores of the ARKepelago. To tame one, They must be hand fed dead fish, much like an otter or hesperornis. Their main use is, of course, fishing. Their long necks allow them to get fish with surprising ease. They can get some rather rare items from the fish it pulls up too. (does not need a saddle)

27. ThunderBird:

Thunderbirds are remarkable creatures, some of the most intriguing on the ARKepelago. They are a very close relative of the phoenix, and have mastery over electricity. Their most common use is electricity generation. With special saddles, when in motion, they generate electricity. Then, they are placed in special cages that harmlessly siphon the electricity and power any electrical systems attached by wires! Tamed with new weapons “charged arrow/ tesla cannon” or with a lightning wyvern. (does not need a saddle to ride, but does need one to charge electricity)

28. Ichthyovenator:

The ichthyovenator is a strange creature, even for the ARKepelago. Normally, they act very similar to the baryonyx, but stay in one place for far longer, and far faster. This is to help with hunting fish. However, when they become aware of a human or other large predator, they will stand perfectly still, only moving when the human blinks or predator loses line of sight. With a predator, they will do their best to escape the area immediately, but with a human, they will move toward them. When close enough, they will viscously attack. To tame one, they must be led into a containment structure. After that, they must be chain bola’d and fed narcotics, 1 every 5 sec. Then they will rage-out, but after a 30 sec timer, they will fall asleep. They will only eat fish during taming. After taming, they become normal within the confines of its tribe, but returns to its stoic movement in the presence of enemy humans, and can provide the special “fish bits” needed for “otherworldly kibble” (requires saddle to ride)

29. Deinotherium:

The deinotherium is one of the largest creatures found in the ARKepelago. They are almost built to work in tandem with the ankylo and doedicurus in mining. They are strong enough to support a special “quarry saddle” that smelts metal faster, can store tons of stone and flint. Their tusks can even mine out the exceedingly rare gold, which can be used to make powerful weapons and can substitute for silica in electronics. Tamed via KO with “otherworldly kibble” (requires saddle to ride)

30. Monolophosaurus:

Monolophosaurus is a tough carnivore found in the ARKepelago. They are tamed very similarly to the tropeognathus, but with Otherworldly kibble. Their main draw is speed, much like the tropeo. Special saddle-crafters have outfitted it with two very unique saddles. One has a jet booster, working much like the tropeo to boost its speed. This works best on flat, open ground. The second saddle, a TEK variant, adds boosters on its feet and a force field on its front. These capabilities, along with the jet booster, allow them to be an even-faster, and more combat-ready version of the TEK pant’s boost. (does not require saddle to ride)

31. Ophthalmosaurus:

The ophthalmosaurus is one of the best creatures for underwater exploration in the ARKepelago. They are a simple KO tame, but they are found astoundingly deep underwater, near the “wave trench”. They do have a strange defense mechanism though, that being to attack an ammonite and have other creatures attack the attacker. They will only eat ammonite bile during taming and during a period called “dawnlight” this period seems to happen randomly at dawn or dusk and has an AOE effect. During this time, ophthalmos get a major damage, resistance and health regen boost, and give lesser effects to other aquatic creatures within a radius. Not during this “dawnlight” period, ophthalmos are made for exploring the deep dark ocean. They can see near perfectly down there, and are immune to ammonite debuff, as well as being fast enough to outswim most creatures. (requires saddle to ride)

32. Metriacanthosaurus:

Metriacanthosaurus is another competitor in the food chain of the ARKepelago. These guys have an intriguing second sense. This sense is able to tell when an electrical storm is coming. During these electrical storms, they become rabid, crazed animals with the bite force to keep going. Metriacanthosaurus are KO tames, but can only be KO’d during electrical storms and when shot in the head. After taming, they serve as forecasters, able to sense when storms are coming, and from which direction it’s coming from. (requires saddle to ride)

33. Leaellynasaura: Leaellynasaura are some of the rarest creatures on the ARKepelago. They are only found in the tundra regions, but migrate across the islands during a cold front. The normal ones are not much larger than a dilophosaurus, but there are the rare “alpha” leaellynasaura that are just bigger than a raptor. These alphas are more than big enough to ride, and they are able to remarkably walk and run on water. They get a “hydrated” buff when in the arctic regions and when standing on water. They are a simple passive tame with iced water. Leaellynasaura are a passive tame with said iced water and otherworldly kibble (requires saddle to ride)

34. Plateosaurus:

The Plateosaurus is arguably the hardiest creature found in the ARKepelago. To tame one, passive feed it a variety of items, each with different effectiveness. (EX: cactus sap is the lowest, with otherworldly kibble as the best). These creatures are immune to and get a buff from the sandstorms that ravage the desert bars. With specially made saddles, the sandstorms become trivial to riders too as their saddle can carry an extra 3 people as well as the rider. Their strongest ability is being able to straight up eat through adobe building and sand and spit it out to sandblast opponents. (does not require a saddle to ride)

35. Tupandactylus

The Tupandactylus is one of the most deadly creatures on the ARKepelago. They can be tamed Via KO and will eat filled fish baskets during taming. Their most threatening ability is in their saddles. Their saddles have two mounted machine guns that shred most targets. They have often been referred to as the fighter jet to the tropeo’s dogfighter. (does not require saddle to ride)

36. Hyneria:

The Hyneria seems to be the last creature that seems to have originated in the ARKepelago. These massive fish seem to patrol the flooded forest regions of the blood bog. They are able to breach onto land and drag prey back into the watery depths. To tame one, simply find and fishbasket an egg. After taming, they can very easily sneak up and drag enemies into the water, as well as being an excellent merchant mount.

Aberrant forms of Amargasaurus, Styracosaurus, protoceratops, Ceratosaurus, maiasaura, tanystropheus and metriacanthosaurus can be found in the fertile region (cerato is the only one found here that is immune to radiation)

Aberrant forms of Carcharodontosaurus, whuererosaurus, homalocephale, ichthyovenator, gastonia and monolophosaurus can be found in the bioluminescent region (all except monolophosaurus are immune to radiation)

Aberrant Shunosaurus and Prestosuchus spawn in the radiation zone and are immune to radiation

Bog x-variants of Shantungosaurus, maiasaura, ichthyovenator, homalocephale, amargasaurus, tanystropheus and carcharodontosaurus

Arctic x-variants of Erlikosaurus, Deinotherium, Argentinosaurus,platybelodon, leaellynasaura and Gorgosaurus

Ocean x-variants of Pliosaurus, ophthalmosaurus, shonisaurus, hyneria, baculites and Nyctosaurus

Lunar X-variants of none

Volcanic x-variants of Argentinosaurus, monolophosaurus, protoceratops, Gastonia, whuererosaurus and styracosaurus

Corrupted variants of Metriacanthosaurus, Nyctosaurus, Shunosaurus, Ceratosaurus and Shantungosaurus can be found in the wasteland.

ARK Additions creatures

Volcanic Brachiosaurus and concavenator, Bog Acrocanthosaurus, Ocean Xiphactinus

Aberrant Brachiosaurus, concavenator and deinosuchus 

Djaymasi Creatures:

Aberrant Guanlong, Koolasuchus, Sinotyrannus and Postosuchus

Bog Koolasuchus, Arctic Sinotyrannus, guanlong and Anzu, ocean Helicoprion, Volcanic Postosuchus and Hatzegopteryx

Prehistoric Beasts Creatures:

Aberrant Siamosaurus, Saltasaurus, Neovenator, Tsintaosaurus and Kelenken

Bog Saltasaurus, Arctic Neovenator, Ocean Hainosaurus, giant sea slug and ornithocheirus and volcanic Tsintaosaurus.

On 9/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, SapphireSam7 said:

You have a lot of items going on here, so I have colored it one shade for your response and my own.

• Dinosaurs
      • I like it. Even if they wanted to leave it that the creature has the effect for the first 30 minutes of taming and then loses the effectiveness after 30 minutes
      • I would also like to add that it should be able to harvest silk from plants and perhaps be breedable.
      • I am assuming you are referring to how much water they hold? If so, would you have that attached to an existing stat or as a new stat? 
    • enforcers can go into overdrive when force fed element and can be healed via scouts
      • How would the healing by scouts function work? Is it passive or would it require direct contact? What would the rate be? 
      • If they aren't going to give us more fish, they may as well allow us to tame what exists. I am good with this one... But what would you recommend for taming them when they dive deep and the catapults and such do work?
      • I have seen this request before, so it is a popular opinion amongst some crowds. 
      • The taming method works in my mind for the type of creature. However I would recommend that the creature not have a saddle and that it not be breedable. Powerful, but at the risk of lacky the defence. Much like the standard wyverns. 
    • ammonite and eurypterid are passive tamed with absorbent substrate and silica pearls respectively
      • I am good with this one. Unless you dive deep you never see them and it would be nice to have more to do with them. I would state that that she not be rideable and be restricted to living in water though
      • Would you consider it a shoulder mount or merely a hover bug that provides light? 
      • This would only really work if their levels also came in higher. As it is, I can't even see myself taming a jerboa due to the lack of levels. 
    • seekers and nameless are both passive tamed with reaper gland and drake feather respectively
    • reaper queens, cinidaria, insect swarms and rubble golems are still untameable
      • I would like Cinidaria to be tameable. Jelly fish that passively create bio toxin. 
      • I would like Rubble Golems to be tameable. Perhaps a bit faster to travel and harvest with at the cost of strength and harvest amount due to their size. 
    • 10%chance for a corrupted reaper queen to spawn in place of a corrupted king. these queens act as normal queens do, but cannot be rebuffed by charge light, but as compensation, they do not have stupid fast regen anymore
      • No comment. Never really cared for Aberration too much and spent no more time than needed exploring the area. Seemed dangerous enough as it was so changing it really should better be discussed by those who spend more time there. 
      • I am good with them as they are. I do not consider them difficult to tame and any creature acting as a trough seems a bit strange to me.
    • can craft defenders
      • I would not mind the defenders from extinction dropping blueprints like enforcers. It could be pretty cool to ride around in one. 
      • If the saddles for other creatures do not break, I am not sure why these ones do. They should all take damage, just like armor on a character - or none of them should. 
    • reapers/wyverns/griffins/direwolves now are like equus and can have saddles but do not need them
      • Many like to discuss the pros and cons of having these creatures being saddlable. I think that at this point, for most of them, there is a "replacement" creature that can be tamed that it is now safe to have saddles for them. Once upon a time when they were at the top of their game - maybe not. But by now through proper breeding and taming, their is a lot of competition out there. 
    • kentro, purlovia, electrophorus, eurypterid and dimetrodon get size and model changes as to be rideable
      • Purlovia - Okay. 
      • Electrophorus - Nope. Like the titanoboa, I think it should be left in "snake" form. 
      • Eurypterid - 50/50. There are upsides and downsides. I would need to know how you think it should be rolled out. 
      • Dimetrodon - On they server I am on we call it the "baby spino" so doesn't it already have a larger form of sorts? 
      • To power items under water? or near water? It can't be pulled from water and I don't think we have much that can be placed under it. 
    • scorpions will produce narcotics with 5 per hour (this can be sped up in server settings)
      • As long as it is a form of narcotics that will decay, I am good with it. Having them passively create a full recipe seems odd. 
      • Armor - I think the saddle should maybe resemble armor but not that they should wear it. Perhaps some skins for them? 
    • dung beetles on wander can pick up dropped feces and distribute them to crop plots
      • They are annoying, but that is expected. I am good with them staying as is - just perhaps limiting what they will take when attacked. 
    • iguanodons on wander will collect from crop plots, but will now not eat crops, only berries. saddle works as mobile preserving bin
      • Wander to Collect from crop plots - I am okay with it. There are other methods I would prefer. Wandering creatures lead to lag after all and there are other methods that have been suggested. 
    • Tamed castoroides when on wander will create new beaver dams that will slowly fill with wood, silica, rare flowers/mushrooms and cementing paste
        • There is a well defined limited as to how quickly how many can be built within a time period based on the number of casteriods
        • No foundation placement can be placed within their range, just as with wild castoroides. 
      • No thank you.
    • tapejara can now climb walls like a thyla and can perch upside down like a megalania
      • No thank you. 
      • I would like them to get a little TLC to make it more worth taming, but I am not specific as to how. 
      • The map was designed not to have flyers - I am good with it to remain as such. The rockdrakes seem like plenty.
    • corrupted drakes and wyverns now can and will lay any type of egg (fire, poison, lighting, ice, night, all types of crystal (ember, tropical, blood, wind, and life), and drakes drop regular rock drake and crystal drake eggs
      • Corrupted Creatures were not meant to be breedable nor tameable for a reason. I am good with that remaining true. 
    • Galis have a better turning radius and in groups of 4 or more get a flocking speed and attack buff
      • Every creature that you can tame should have a method to feed itself. Ideally they eat in the wild somehow and that should carry over. 
    • karkinos can now walk sideways and strafe, as well as there saddle working as a small foundation (no walls or ceiling, but can place forge, smithy, mortar, and even fabricator on back
      • Good on the directionals. Not sure I would see them as something that has a saddle large enough for what you describe. 
    • megalosaurus now have a reduced effect during day and now have tek helmet like night vision
    • meks are immune to several debuffs and give the driver several of these, including protection from radiation
      • It is a machine - so long as you are covered when it is used, sure. If not then no. I have rarely used one so I can't say for sure if you are in an enclosed space or not. 
      • Didn't you have one for this creature listed earlier? Something about water storage increasing? You may want to combined them to make it easier to sort through them. 
      • Honestly, drinking from them is weird enough, same with the jug bugs. I am good without having this option. 
    • oviraptor can pick up dropped eggs (both types) and will create either an s+hatchery for fertilized or a nest for regular
      • I am good with them collecting eggs, but I think that should be it. The addition of a hatchery or nest should be a separate line and would need some details entailed for a true discussion. 
    • pachyrhinosaurus now has several gasses that can be swapped via the radial menu: xp boost, camo, aggressive, fortitude boost, adrenaline, and food drop
      • It would give them another use. Depending on how strong you are thinking these gases should be and how they should be set and used on a controller. 
      • I am pretty sure Wildcard stated that this would not be happening at some point. I think it was when it was suggested and they were still going over suggestions in the community crunches. 
      • I am not saying I wouldn't like it - it would be nice. But at the same time I know why they took it away. I think it would depend if there were limits implemented or if it were to be considered free reign. 
    • Rock Drakes/wyverns/crystal wyverns/magmasaur will now take other items when raising: Drakes take basilisk scales, wyverns take elementsulfur (only found in wyvern trenches), crystal wyverns take blue/red/green gems respective of color, magmasaur s take molten obsidian (found inside the volcano)
      • Not sure why this is a need. They each have specific things that fit their specific needs. I am good with it as is. 
    • chance for gacha to drop loot crystals is increased dramatically and can now produce saddles of creatures in said gacha’s tribe
      • The only change I would like for gacha's is an option to remove the "Special Gacha Crystals". Most of those I picked up were for the resources not the random items they drop that are lower level than what I use or have. 
    • adds tons of crystal creatures to crystal isles: all ones in cidc, blood allosaurus,Tropical Tapejara, liquified and crystal leed, ember velonasaur, liquefied kapro, wind and life crystal wyverns, ember and tropical crystal deinonychus, crystal thorny dragons, crystal deathworms, crystal sarco, crystal mosa and basil
      • If I recall correctly, the only "Crystal" creature we did not receive when crystal isles was released had been the Crystal Griffin. There were certainly other creatures on the map, but I don't recall them necessarily being a "crystal" form. I could be wrong though. I do not play the steam version and as such didn't fiddle with the mod directly. And when I learned the map was coming to xbox, I made sure not to watch the video's related in order to see the map with fresh eyes. 
      • Regardless, as it was a free map - I am happy with what we received. If the map had been something we would have to pay for, I would have expected more. But we didn't so I will have to disagree with this particular note. 
    • corrupted creatures can be “cured” and tamed. new corrupted are: corrupted kapro, corrupted bronto, corrupted deinonychus and corrupted bloodstalker (corrupted retain their turret dmg reduction, but now take full damage from everything else. (Gigas, wyverns, reapers and drakes are still unnameable)
      • No thank you. They were added as they were for a reason and I am okay with them being left as is. 
    • added new x creatures: Redwood direbear, thylacoleo, microraptor, megaloceros and diplodocus, dunes gallimimus, morellatops, wyverns, deinonychus and basilisk. bog baryonyx, sarco, and kapro, ocean karkinos and pelagornis, volcano stego, doedicurus and thorny dragon, arctic mammoth, dire wolf and troodon, lunar rock drake, reaper, gasbag, velonasaur and tusothelis
      • As with Aberration, where the creatures on the map were ALL affected by the conditions on the map I do think the same should had gone for the x-creatures on Genesis. They should have been directly affected by the type of Biome they resided in.  This picking and choosing method didn't make any sense to me. When they showed the "sneak peak" of the creatures before the map was released, I thought that was all it was, a sneak peak. Not that they were showing all they were going to give us. If that were the case I would have voted that they stick to those that have not had a second version (aberrant form) previously provided. How many times are they doing to "reskin" some of these creatures? We don't need that many parasarus...
      • Ehh... Not a fan of the tek creatures in general. I don't tame them unless I am helping someone else find them. 
    • added many aberrant variants: kentro, yuty, thorny dragon, megalodon, itchy, tapejara, pteranodon, deinonychus, rock golem(surface), mantis, velonasaur, gacha, bloodstalker, magmasaur as well as most abberants from “Additional aberrant dinos” mod
      • We received plenty of aberrant creatures when the map came out and I am good with it staying as such. If Genesis two happens to have an "aberrant biome" then sure, creature more. Otherwise I think they are good as they are. 
    • new creatures: Water (tidal and geyser) metal and earth Wyverns (exclusive to Arkepepago), Hatzegopteryx, Anzu, Helicoprion, Australovenator, Guanlong, Koolasuchus, Sinotyrannus, Postosuchus, (and their x, aberrant and crystal variants), Concavenator, Cryolophosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, brachiosaurus, xiphactinus, archelon, deinosuchus (and their x, aberrant and crystal variants), saltasaurus, hainosaurus, giant sea slug, Massospondylus, Ornithocheirus, Postosuchus, Siamosaurus, Tsintaosaurus, Prionosuchus, Dilong, Ouranosaurus (and their x, aberrant and crystal variants) amargasaurus, wuerhosaurus, argentinosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Erlikosaurus, homalocephale, styracosaurus, Nyctosaurus, Shunosaurus, gorgosaurus, protoceratops, ceratosaurus, maiasaura, pliosaurus, Metriacanthosaurus, gigantspinosaurus, Chungkingosaurus, Shonisaurus(ARKepelago exclusive base forms, aberrant, crystal and x variants can be found on other maps)
      • Honestly, there are so many listed - most of which by name without a description of what they would equate to and I going to have to say pass. 
    • aberrant dinos now replace regular dino spawns (except beavers) in the underground forest
      • Underground forest where? Which map are you referring to? You keep listing both mod maps and maps that Ark has taken on so I am a bit confused. 
      • For which creatures? How do they each need balancing? What would that look like? 

Maps

• Are these part of the mod version of the map you would like to have added or something else? And why? 
  • genesis prt1: added lost colony area to lunar biome where aberration, and extinction creatures can be found. added dunes biome and scorched earth creatures. added a glacial cave area to the arctic biome. added autumn biome with thylacoleo, megalosaurus and others. removed no flyer rule in genesis. added crystal wyverns to respective biomes. added drake nests into the lunar biome.
    • I would rather wait to see what they plan to do with Genesis Part 2. Who knows, some of this may be included. 
  • valguero: added ice worms to frozen desert. added rock drakes and reapers to the unknown. added corrupted ruins (extinction) added magmasaur into wyvern trench. added megachelon into the abyss. added ferox to artifact cunning cave. added lifeblood trench.
    • Reapers and Rock Drakes were removed. Most likely because it is a free map and they were introduced on a paid map. So I am good with them remaining there. Had it been a paid map, I may vote differently, but as it is I am good. 
    • Corrupted Ruins. Again paid vs. free. I don't think everything we get from a paid map should be included on a free map. If they did so why would we then pay for a map? 
    • Magmasaur. Genesis came out after Valguero was added, so why backtrack and again, add a creature from a paid map to a free map? 
    • Ferox. Same as last. 
    • LIfeblood trench? 
    • Okay...
  • ragnarok and the center don’t have very many changes except for later introduced creature spawns
    • Creatures introduced on new maps, paid or unpaid, should remain on new maps and should not be backwards spawned in my opinion. It is one of the driving forces to move forward to the new maps. 
    • The only exception would be if they were to fix and re-introduce a map. Such as closing down all Ragnarok maps and putting out a "Enhanced Ragnarok" or "Ragnarok Re-mastered" map. At that point it would be new with fixes and I think the spawns could be adjusted accordingly.
    • No thank you. Aberration was introduced as it is for a reason. I think it should remain as such. 
  • extinction gets 3 new proto-arks those being the Ocean dome, volcano dome and the Marsh dome
    • If you are referring to having 3 new "Biome Bubbles" as those on my cluster were calling them, again no thank you. If they wanted to do so they would have. As it is the map has enough lag and adding more "Biome Bubbles" could cause further issue with the map. 
    • You can do, with most, on unofficial. And I think that is the way it should remain. Mostly for reasons explained previously.
  • center, ragnarok, valguero and crystal isles now get explorer notes exclusive to that map and unconnected to any other map or the main story
    • The Center, Ragnarok, Valguero, and Crystal Isles were not intended as story ark maps. They were merely free maps added to the line up. As such they are not part of the story-ark and I think they should remain as such. If they wished to add them after doing a re-mastering of the maps, sure. but as such I do not think notes should be arbitrarily placed on the maps. 
  • all maps get nodes for other map resources (ex: sand on the island, gems on scorched)
    • Again this is something that can be worked in unofficially. I do not think it should be done officially. It is another reason to drive the travel between maps. If all maps have everything - why travel between them? 
  • adds ARKepelago map
    • I am all good with having new maps added. I do think that if they are free maps, they should be treated as such with minimal items added with the map. But if they are added as paid, that should then change accordingly. 

structures

• What is "most of the s+ mod"? What from it would you like to see vs not? This could be considered a very vague statement since so much is included with the mod. 
  • added most structures from ARKepelago (Massive taxidermy base, Missile turret, Tame Chart, Rope bridge, Pulley system, Smithing Station, Metal Locker)
    • You say most structures, are there any you don't want added? Why do you think these should be added?
  • vacuum compartment can now be placed above water to make a water tank, able to hold aquatic tames with adequate space
    • So rather than having a separate piece to create an above ground pool, you would rather re-assign an existing piece? Why?

Mechanics

• Is this to avoid having to tame/breed for mutations? Or is this to simply make painting easier? 
  • base game level cap is increased to counteract the increased amount of engrams, and engrams unlock automatically with each level
    • So you want to enforce the idea that every character should be able to unlock every engram? And as they are leveling? Personally I find that laggy and annoying as I do not use all the engrams. It also defeats the purpose of having to pick and choose which you will use based on the points you have remaining. No thank you. 
    • While I do a lot of breeding and getting mutations can be tricky. I do not think they need to be increased. Re-worked perhaps, but not increased. 
  • most creatures without a gender now have one. exceptions are the creatures that still cannot breed
    • So you want all creatures to have a gender unless they can't breed? For the most part isn't that true? Sure we have a few creatures that cannot be bred that have genders (such as the big wyverns), but I don't think there are any breedable creatures without genders. I think this statement is a bit confusing. 
  • most creatures can breed, but most have extra requirements (example: wyvern and drake dens now cannot be built in, as that is where those creatures can breed)
    • Now you want to turn breeding on for most creatures. You state most, but only provide two examples. What creatures are you thinking about and what would be the requirements you are referring too and why would they be requirements to the process? What would keep some of they creatures from being seen as "OP" if breeding was turned on? 
  • there are still some creatures that cannot breed: rock golems, reapers, titans (both extinction and titanosaurus) and deathworms still can’t breed
    • So no breeding, but you still want mutations? Are you talking event color mutations or actual breeding mutations? 
  • loot tables are both expanded and changed for supply drops and crates. whit and green both can now have dyes, recipes, and other materials, while blue, purple and yellow will yield journeyman and above blue prints and tools/weapons/saddles, (structure blueprints can be dropped by white and green), and red guarantees either master craft or ascendant blueprints, with tools/weapons/saddles being rarer
    • So you want to re-work the loot tables for drops... No thank you. That is already an option on unofficial and I think it should remain as such. 
  • mods are now available on console as a separate download costing (10.50 american dollars) select mods will be voted in every 2 months. the service will launch with primal fear, pugnacia, olympus, hope and jurassic ark. With this separate service, console players can chose to add a mod to a save file, singleplayer world or server.
    • So Steam would get free mods and Consoles have to pay for them? Not only that but you are limited not by the condition or size of the mod, but by a vote? No thank you. 
    • No comment. I have never played ark mobile to even know what you are talking about here and there is no detailed explanation. 

Items

• extra modifications for firearms (Bullet storage (more ammo) infrared sight (duh) and tracker (sticks to wild dinos and works like transponder)
  • both types of tranq darts can be loaded into fabricated sniper, with the cost of lower damage/torpor dealt
    • Why the fabricated sniper and not the standard? Why not an Advanced Longneck Rifle or some other tranq themed weapon? 
  • aberration, extinction and genesis now have alpha/brute creature trophy mounts (alpha kark,basilisk and reaper, enraged rex and trike, and all brute creatures)
  • overseers, rockwell, and the king titan now have boss tributes needed instead of the trophies of said bosses
    • I would prefer they each have a full set of gear - that goes beyond just a shield skin. 
    • Is that an existing skin or a new one you are coming up with. It doesn't ring a bell? 
    • Again, are you talking an existing set that already had parameters given to earn it or a new set? 
  • taxidermies now can be harvested from overseer, master controller (final phase) king titan, desert titan flock, insect and microbe swarms and alpha creatures receive their glow effect
    • Okay with this. 
  • tek bow
    • More details needed. Durability, cost, arrow type, how fast in comparison, reason to use it, crossbow or longbow type? 
  • adding some new modules: mek great sword and sniper rifle modules, enforcer, scout and defense unit modules
    • No comment. 
  • the overseer drops the overseer trophy and when tributed, will spawn a tameable version of a select boss. (alpha maximum, and this works with the rockwell trophies, as well as the [spoiler]) (bosses, when wild, will have alpha stats, but only beta or gamma when tamed, using the titan damage check) these bosses are tamed by nearly killing them, then, using the also spawned boss cloak, tamed with the given food. broodmother takes Webbing, megapithecus takes bananas, dragon takes giga eyes, manticore takes wyvern flesh, [spoilers] takes [spoilers], and [spoilers] take [spoilers] (this can be turned off in server settings) bosses cannot be taken into boss arenas and (unless turned off in settings) will slowly corrupt into element, yes, allowing for more element, but also dying.
    • No thank you. To OP and not necessary. I don't even care for the extinction titans being tameable and this goes beyond those. 
  • adds new saddles for liopleurodon, direwolf, enforcers, defense units, Leedsichthys, deathworms, eurypterid, electrophorus, kentrosaurus, dimetrodon, griffins, purlovia, reapers, wyverns, crystal wyverns, Hatzegopteryx, Anzu, Helicoprion, Australovenator, Guanlong, Koolasuchus, Sinotyrannus, Postosuchus, Concavenator, Cryolophosaurus, acrocanthosaurus, brachiosaurus, xiphactinus, archelon, deinosuchus, saltasaurus, hainosaurus, giant sea slug, Massospondylus, Ornithocheirus, Postosuchus, Siamosaurus, Tsintaosaurus, Prionosuchus, Dilong, Ouranosaurus, amargasaurus, wuerhosaurus, argentinosaurus, Shantungosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, Erlikosaurus, styracosaurus, Nyctosaurus, Shunosaurus, gorgosaurus, protoceratops, pliosaurus
    • Some of these see like new creatures that you didn't provide and details on and some that do not seem necessary. More details needed. 
  • finally: tek rifles and railguns can be modified to shoot any time of ammo, only excluding shotgun

Bosses

• What? From I know it goes Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Omega. Now you have Omega at the top? Given - the Omega term can be a bit more fluid depending the understand and use of the term. Yet I have never seen nor read of it surpassing an Alpha status. I would suggest a new phrasing or a better explanation as to why. 
  • Omega bosses are extremely difficult and only advised to massive alpha tribes or creative mode single players. boss arenas get a light red overlay and small environmental changes. (ex: lava is now obsidian in dragon arena, wild creatures flee in the titan arenas, and all structures are broken in the rag arena) Broodmother becomes the colors of a black widow, megapithecus fur becomes red, while skin matches gamma, dragon skin becomes black, while wing flaps become crimson. overseer’s tek bits become crimson. manticore and [spoilers] match their gamma coloring, but environments turn into volcanic colors. [spoilers]. Rockwell's element now is crimson, while the tek is now brown with rust. King titan now has red instead of purple, but otherwise looks identical to the alpha version. moeder now is a deep, dark blue with red tones, and the master controller is now red. rag, valguero, center and crystal isles do not have Omega difficulty. follows survivor, not server, so technically, only one survivor is required to activate an omega boss
  • all bosses drop tributes as well as trophies (broodmother mandible(alpha, beta, gamma) megapithecus hand (alpha, beta gamma) dragon fang (alpha, beta, gamma) manticore stinger (alpha, beta, gamma) [spoiler] horns (alpha, beta, gamma) [spoiler] tongue (alpha, beta, gamma) [spoiler] toxin (alpha, beta, gamma) [spoiler] feather (alpha, beta, gamma) [spoiler] spine (alpha, beta, gamma) and Ice titan claw (titan, god), forest titan branch (titan and god) and desert titan wingtip (titan and god)
  • titans now have titan and god difficulties, with god tributes needed for the alpha king titan (god titans can still be tamed, and for reference, a beta tamed god ice titan has the same stats as an alpha tamed titan ice titan)
  • scorched bosses will be addressed in the scorched earth redo section, the new Aberration bosses are the RiverSerpent (extremely large basilisk), MarshDrake (glowing Rockdrake), reaper empress (self explanatory). These boss's tributes are required to access and beat rockwell. Center still has one boss, that being the Great Ape, who reuses the megapithecus model. Rag gets the elemental Griffin, (lava gamma, ice beta and spirit alpha). Val gets the new Tyrannoraptor(tyrant thief) which shares the deinon model.
  • four new titans: The Sulfur Titan (sulfur titan rock), the Ocean Titan (ocean titan fin), the Volcano titan (volcano titan ember) and the marsh titan (marsh titan leaf)
    • This is a not a comment on the last bullet, but rather the entire section. No thank you. There is enough as it is and as new maps come out I am sure we will be given more then. So overall, no thanks. 

Scorched earth update

• Major map changes include: Desert Hollow (aberration), Tek Ruins (extinction), crystalline hive (crystal wyverns), Active trench, swampy oasis, frozen cavern and underground ocean (genesis, island) and 3 new caves.
  • new Artifacts: Artifact of the demon, Artifact of the Elements and Artifact of the Spire
  • two new bosses: the Hydra (aside from looks and having only 3 heads, it is very similar to the atlas hydra) and the DuneWorm (massive deathworm)
  • new creatures are Chimera (chimera hoof used for hydra, and spawning after manticore defeat, looks like a large sabre cross an ovis and dilopho, egg steal tame) Wendigo (spawn after hydra defeat, looks like a malformed, quadrupedal galimimus, KO tame) and Banshee (spawn after duneworm defeat, look like demented pteranodons, passive during day, passive tame)
  • New Scorched overseer. looks like the normal but rusted and transforms into the scorched guardians)
  • new stronger version of Adobe, that being sandstone (inbetween of stone and metal)
  • flamethrower now can be used to light campfires, torches, cooking pots and industrial cookers for a limited time
  • sandstone can be gained from mining rocks or combing rocks and clay in a preserving bin (kinda like jerky)
    • Again, not a comment on this last bullet, but the entire section. No thank you. At this point I would rather have a new map as opposed a re-working of an old map. Not only that, but what you are suggesting changes the map from a desert map to a biome flexible one which is not what the map was intended as. So again, no thank you. 

Wow that was a long one. And unfortunately while I didn't mind some parts, there were several I either couldn't get behind, didn't understand, or required a better explanation to figure out your reasonings for them. For that reason I cannot upvote this suggestion. 

It is often hard to do so when you combine so many ideas into one post. The more you put into a post, the less likely readers tend to upvote them simple because of the sheer number of different thoughts involved. They, like me, may like some parts, but not all parts of it, and because of that they tend not to upvote it as a whole. That is why it seems to be easier to put in suggestions that are singular or subject based versus covering so many thoughts at one time. 

right then. i’m only going to address stuff here that wasn’t fixed in the patch.

tameable Cnidaria: I was simply unsure of how to do that, so I didn’t

generator electrophorus: works exactly like the lowest level of tek generator, but only powers items that can be powered by a regular generator.

tamed beaver dams: yes, these are perfect conditions.

tapejara climbing: there seems to be a mistake here. I believe that thylas and megalania are just fine. I was just having the tape move up and down on walls and perch upside down.

karkinos platform: the saddle works as a foundation, just can’t have walls or a ceiling.

pachyrhino scents: open the radial menu, go to new “gasses” tab, hold on an option, EX: food drop, after holding the option, a prompt will appear with the choice of putting it on right trigger, left trigger, or crouch, with the head but alternating between them.

map changes: yeah, wiped most of these. my main thought for this patch was “stick to the lore” and very few map changes did that.

non-canon map explorer notes: These are Not connected to the main story. they just follow the survivors on those ARKS, somewhat like the second batch of survivors on AB

S+: by most, I mean things that make some sense, EX: tek forge, changes to the taxidermy bases, hatchery, VS stuff that at least looks strange, such as the nanny or egg collector.

painting dino regions: a mix of both, it does make coloring easier, but i’ve thought that mutations are a bit of a pain, and they should be for getting OP dinos, not making that look major. for example, on single player, someone may want cool looking dinosaurs, but they don’t have a need for OP dinosaurs, so this is a substitute.

breeding: this have been simplified

new attachments: these are just like the already existing ones

loading tranqs into fab sniper: I went with this because i didn’t think adding a enhanced longneck was nessecary.

armor skins: The TEKnological ones are my creating, but the Abberant ones have a helmet with the separate “aberrant skins”  

loading different ammo into tek bow, rifle, and railgun: there is no additional cost here, they simply act as the most potent version of that ammo. EX: Puting metal arrows increase damage, putting in tranq darts amplifies torpor.

bosses have been largely overhauled

scorched update has been toned down

thats about it. hope that clears some up.

On 10/1/2020 at 12:02 AM, R0b1983 said:

Megalodon?

I honestly couldn’t think of something to satisfy most. it was conflicted on the oceans being bland, and deep ocean being a death sentence. itchys are an absolute pain to stalk still, mantas only take angler gel for some reason. lios are too rare, basils have a horde, anglers are more pain than anything, and mosasaurus, plesiosaur and tusos are too powerful and deep for a first ocean tame. so I went with not changing the meg. in my experience, i’ve always gone for a shark over a dolphin. so yeah.

• Dinosaurs
    • can craft defenders
      • Purlovia - Okay. 
      • No thank you.
      • No thank you. 

Maps

• Ferox. Same as last. 
    • LIfeblood trench? 
    • Okay...
  • adds ARKepelago map

structures

Mechanics

Items

• Okay with this. 
  • tek bow
    • No comment. 

Bosses

Scorched earth update

hey. so, as mentioned, here is the ARKepelago map.

Metal Golem* (rewards similar to lava golem rewards)

Meteor Whale* (rewards similar to alpha brute hunt genesis mission)

Haijaked MEK* (rewards similar to a yellow OSD)

*mini bosses

FEATURES:

Occasional lava geysers in the lava flats

Aurora borealis at night

Mini boss arenas available in caves

Craftable attack drones

ITEMS/RESOURCES/STRUCTURES:

Thunderbird, Icthyovenator and Deinotherium saddles

Thunderbird siphon (made with 250 gold, 1500 metal, 200 electronics, and 500 polymer)

Otherworldly kibble (used for taming deinotherium, amargasaurus, carcharodontosaurus and gigantspinosaurus) (made with 15 “cooked fish bits”, 50 of each advanced crops, 5 exceptional kibble, 3 coagulated kibble, 2 Cryolopho mix, and 10 fermented sweet melons.) (coagulated kibble and fermented sweet melons are from the Prehistoric Beasts mod, Cryolopho mix is a mixture of beer and Cryolopho spit (new item from Ark additions) and cooked fish bits are made by cooking fish bits from an ichthyovenator.)

Charged arrow (used in a crossbow) (10 gold, 2 metal arrows, 40 electronics) used for taming a thunderbird, “overcharging” an enemy generator to shut it down, and stunning creatures/players like an electrophorus. (becomes a regular arrow when used in water)

Tesla cannon (100 gold, 2000 metal, 1 generator, 400 electronics, 20 black pearls) has the same uses as the charged arrow, but does direct damage instead of stunning. Works like a flamethrower

Attach drone blueprint

Unassembled attack drone

gold

Ashen silicate (substitute for black pearls)

ARTIFACTS:

Artifact of the Tides

“To master the tides, one must brave the trials of the deep”

Found in the “shadow cove”

Artifact of the Fearful: 

“To conquer those who oppose, face fear with a strong heart.”

Found in “the freezing mouth”

Artifact of the Peak:

“Reaching for the top is a show of strength”

Found on the tallest peak of the ”Sailback mountains”

Artifact of the tremor:

“Even in times of wariness, face your demons and conquer the dark”

Found in the deepest recesses of the “abberant Isle”

Artifact of The unknown:

“The unknown must be conquered to learn and survive”

Retrieved after beating the “meteor whale” mini boss

Artifact of the doomed:

“ do not disregard those who are lost, as the have merey strayed away”

Found in the deep of the “corrupted lands”

Artifact of the impervious:

“Find the courage within, and stand fast”

Retrieved after beating the “metal golem” mini boss

Artifact of Control

“Control can be a friend and a foe. Always be on watch”

Retrieved after beating the “hijacked MEK and corrupted overseer” mini 

bosses

MAP: 

Main island Northwest: “Calm coves” the safest area on the map, the area is still plagued by raptors, and wandering megalosaurus and Magalania from the “Shadow cove”, the native cave of the region.

Main island northcenter: “Sky Fang Mountain” few creatures can survive the unending snowstorm that tops this mountain. The “Freezing mouth cave” that holds an artifact is heavily guarded by yutyrannus.

Main island northeast/main island equator east/main island equator center: “Shadow savannah” The shadow savannah holds many of the island's secrets, it bears many ruins from the previous survivors.

Main island equator west/main island southwest: “Sailback mountains” To retrieve the Artifact of the Peak, you must brave the Sailback Mountains, with its hordes of Thylacoleo and even face down the terrifying Hatzegopteryx. This is the only biome where Earth and Metal wyvern eggs can be found.

Aberrant Isle: Home to all aberration creatures. Holds several layers of aberration biomes. One can also find gacha here. The deepest layer holds the artifact of the Tremor

Corrupted Lands: a stretch of land home to a deep canyon, where one can find corrupted creatures of all sizes. One can find gasbags and velonasaur above the canyon.

Abandoned Zone: the remnants of an old fortification. Here, one can find journeyman and above enforcer, scout, attack drone, defense unit and MEK blueprints. One will also have to fight through hordes of these creatures to reach the Corrupted overseer and defeat him.

Desert Bars: A multitude of smaller islands bearing the creatures of scorched earth. The concavenator, australovenator, postosuchus, sand drake and acrocanthosaurus can be found here.

Volcanic island: Inside this incredibly hot volcano, one can find volcanic x creatures, magmasaurus, fire wyverns and a dragon. Beware of the lava geysers in the flats.

Lunar Displacement: The shadows and meteors of this biome hold more secrets than one would expect. Home to only TEK creatures and space whales, one must brave the dark and fight a looming threat.

Venom isle north: Poisonous trench; home to plentiful amounts of poison wyverns

Rest of venom isle: The blood bog: these blood red swamps house all manner of nasty creature. One can find deinosuchus, Koolasuchus, blood crystal wyverns and bloodstalkers here

Wave Trench: a deep trench surrounded on all side by cascading water. Here,one can find Water Wyverns, helicoprion and x-creatures.

The Maelstrom: here, on occasional outcroppings, one can find lightning wyvern eggs. Be careful of the wyverns and thunderbirds

Antarctic Islands: These arctic islands hold the frozen secrets of the past. One can find managarmr, snow owl, ferox, ice wyverns, sinotyrannus, x-creatures and cryolophosaurus 

Crystalline Cliffs/crystalline jungle: These cliffs and dense forests house many threats such as crystal griffins, anzu, guanlong and tropical crystal wyverns. These caves hold many valuables and secrets.

ARENAS: 

Kraken arena: underwater ruins

Sea serpent arena: island dotted with massive geysers

TEK Master arena: inside of a volcano, with massive obsidian/TEK structures

BOSSES:

Kraken:

ARKs only second underwater boss. They are summoned at the blue obelisk using at alpha difficulty, 10 tuso tentacles, 5 deinotherium tusks, 2 alpha mosasaur teeth, and artifacts of the tides, unknown, and doomed. The fight revolves around the player(s) dealing with an ever increasing number of tentacles to fight, when enough damage is dealt, the Kraken will rise and take more damage than it would in it’s dormant state. Despite being an underwater fight, there are air pockets at the top of the arena, so it is possible to survive without a scuba tank, and bring some creatures that still have an oxygen bar, such as spinos. The rewards are the kraken flag, kraken trophy, and kraken beak.

Sea serpent: 

Contrary to the Kraken, the sea serpent is a land fight. It can be summoned from the green obelisk, with 5 basilisk scales, 10 water talons, 2 alpha basilisk fangs, and the artifacts of impervious, tremor and peak. The arena has geysers, which launch most carno or smaller creatures, and water rapids, which will not damage your creatures, but can drag them away from the fight, or right into danger. The sea serpent, when not on land, will cause large waves that have fair knockback, and will do some damage to creatures that are not semi-aquatic. When on land, the serpent will use bites, tail whips, and water jet streams that cause scald. Water wyverns and tropical crystal wyverns CAN be brought into the arena, but cannot fly. The rewards are the sea serpent flag, sea serpent trophy, and the sea serpent fang

TEK master:

The TEK master is simply a harder version of the Rockwell fight. It matches Rockwell in body shape, but is entirely made out of TEK components. It can be summoned from the red obelisk, with 5 alpha rex teeth, 1 alpha kraken beak, 1 alpha sea serpent fang, and the artifacts of the fearful and control. It will summon defense units and enforcers in place of nameless and reapers. During the final phase, tek gigas and attack drones will spawn. It is defeated the same way as Rockwell, except his weak spot in either his front or his back, and that is randomized whenever a new fight starts. After its defeat, the player(s) will get an extra 10 levels on alpha difficulty and get an ascension cutscene.

NOTES:

The ARKepelago name is a pun on ARK and archipelago.

The deinotherium, ichthyovenator and Thunderbird are meant to form a “line of taming”

With an ichthyovenator, one can make the Otherworldly kibble to tame the deinotherium, which in turn provides gold for taming the thunderbird.

The ichthyovenator’s behavior is partially based on “SCP-173” AKA “the statue”

The base forms of Amargasaurus, Gigantspinosaurus, Carcharodontosaurus, wheurerosaurs, pliosaurus, shantungosaurus, homalocephale, Styracosaurus, Nyctosaurus,

Erlikosaurus, gorgosaurus, protoceratops, ceratosaurus, maiasaura, Shonisaurus, Argentinosaurus and Shunosaurus are all exclusive to ARKepelago, but the aberrant and X forms can be found on aberration/valguero and genesis respectively. Water, Metal and earth wyverns can also only be found on this map.

ARKepelago items and structures went through many different stages before settling on just a few.

ARKapelago was originally going to have a fake cost 5 U.S. Dollars, but that changed during development of the concept to be a free map, not dissimilar to Ragnarock, the Center, Valguero or Crystal isles.

The main force behind ARKepelago was to make a map that simply had the ability for players just to go wild, taming all sorts of creatures, getting all sorts of resources, and building incredible bases.

Once again, Credit to Djaymasi on DeviantArt, and the Mods ARK additions and Prehistoric beasts for the basis of quite a few creatures.

Archived