So yeh Skiffs!!!!???

Splatattackk

So ahhhh yeh Skiffs!?? What kind of balance bleep is that. Most broken thing in the game actually ruins the game for official pvp. Just had 2 guys raid our fat base with a golem and skiff. Literally can’t do anything unless u have a skiff or tek. Their is 0 balance in this, at least if there was a Dino we could take to at least counter the skiff but come on what in the bleep Is that. Faster then the rockets we shot at it easily just dodge. Can’t lock on a homing missile can’t soak out of range. You can’t pick them off it. We grapple on and wouldnt let us C4 it. can’t even get out when skiff picks you either. Picks up anything in wants. Shot it as much as we could with  guns non tek guns and would just go heal or get another skiff. Literally such an unfair advantage. Actually ruins the entire game for the fun of real pvp. This is supposed to be a survivor Dino game non aliens and ufos not to mention how fast it is and u can’t even hear it- Clap.  Idk if im playing  Ark or terminator 3. New map is cool tho it’s why we all came back to enjoy the fresh start of pvp with friends but rip. skiffs to broken in this game can’t get over how badly it is. Suggest to take tek out this game or find a balance . or even make non Tex servers to bring the real pvp and fun back into the game. Getting raided and wiped offline is one thing but skiffs to just float tames to soak all day super broken and dumb. Let’s be real about it. Not everyone has tek or can get it that easily. Make the game fun again. Hope to fix this game make it fun again/balanced. 

1 hour ago, Splatattackk said:

I hear you. Just super broken in 6man official anyways. And most of us only play official so it’s kinda a rip game without a skiff. Any tribe with skiffs wipe bases all day long see it in chats 24/7. People who grind so hard getting taking out by 0 skill unbalanced mechanics. 

PVP in most games seems to me to be an exercise in self-torture.  The game is not really balanced around PvP that well.  To have PvP in the way you might want, you would probably have to have a "no fabricator" kind of server and no tek. Probably some kind of unofficial server.  On official, there are always going to be groups that roll around doing this kind of stuff because they can.  If it weren't the Skiff, it would just be something else. 

There are official no tek clusters. You can get lots of railguns from missions on genesis and even a prim railgun kills a skiff in 3 shots. With good snipers or shotguns (use shadow steak to reduce bullet spread) you can also kill them. You should be able to place c4 on it but not on the structures built on it, i think it works like a raft there. If you say you grappled to it you could have also placed c4 on your character and punch the air to detonate it. 

Despite all that, i do see the issues with the skiff. Especially on aberration or genesis where you cant use flyers it is close to impossible to escape a skiff if it chases you.

9 hours ago, acat said:

There are official no tek clusters. You can get lots of railguns from missions on genesis and even a prim railgun kills a skiff in 3 shots. With good snipers or shotguns (use shadow steak to reduce bullet spread) you can also kill them. You should be able to place c4 on it but not on the structures built on it, i think it works like a raft there. If you say you grappled to it you could have also placed c4 on your character and punch the air to detonate it. 

Despite all that, i do see the issues with the skiff. Especially on aberration or genesis where you cant youse flyers it is close to impossible to escape a skiff if it chases you.

We don’t have tek or want to spend money on genesis map. Yeh I know rail guns work and tek rifles work.but yeh that’s tek. We also did place C4 on our chest piece grapple on but wouldnt allow us to blow the C4. we have video of that. We definitely used the steaks and our fabies long necks and shotguns. 5 of us literally just watched our base getting take right in front of us with nothing to do about it. We must of had 200 turrets. Took them several hours but at the end of the day nothing we could do as real ark Dino players lol. Skiffs are broken and super unbalanced. We even tried to let him pick us a shoot a rocket up at it but wouldn’t let you. So as basic real ark players with dinos how your supposed to play the game. Yeh nothing you can do. 

3 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Unless recently changed, rail gun use requires engram learnt.

Yes you would have to get the tek engram, but killing the desert titan isnt too hard.

20 minutes ago, Splatattackk said:

We don’t have tek or want to spend money on genesis map. Yeh I know rail guns work and tek rifles work.but yeh that’s tek. We also did place C4 on our chest piece grapple on but wouldnt allow us to blow the C4. we have video of that. We definitely used the steaks and our fabies long necks and shotguns. 5 of us literally just watched our base getting take right in front of us with nothing to do about it. We must of had 200 turrets. Took them several hours but at the end of the day nothing we could do as real ark Dino players lol. Skiffs are broken and super unbalanced. We even tried to let him pick us a shoot a rocket up at it but wouldn’t let you. So as basic real ark players with dinos how your supposed to play the game. Yeh nothing you can do. 

I was once on ab with 9 more tribe members, we were looking for a drop to start a bossfight at. Suddenly a skiff showed up and wanted to pick us. We all shot it once or twice with our shotguns and the thing was done within seconds 🤷‍♂️

22 hours ago, acat said:

Despite all that, i do see the issues with the skiff. Especially on aberration or genesis where you cant youse flyers it is close to impossible to escape a skiff if it chases you.

12 hours ago, acat said:

Yes you would have to get the tek engram, but killing the desert titan isnt too hard.

I was once on ab with 9 more tribe members, we were looking for a drop to start a bossfight at. Suddenly a skiff showed up and wanted to pick us. We all shot it once or twice with our shotguns and the thing was done within seconds 🤷‍♂️

Yeh maybe 9 people shooting it works. But we shot it a lot 5 of us then when it got low would just pull up and repair.

On 9/28/2020 at 4:33 AM, Splatattackk said:

So ahhhh yeh Skiffs!?? What kind of balance bleep is that. Most broken thing in the game actually ruins the game for official pvp. Just had 2 guys raid our fat base with a golem and skiff. Literally can’t do anything unless u have a skiff or tek. Their is 0 balance in this, at least if there was a Dino we could take to at least counter the skiff but come on what in the bleep Is that. Faster then the rockets we shot at it easily just dodge. Can’t lock on a homing missile can’t soak out of range. You can’t pick them off it. We grapple on and wouldnt let us C4 it. can’t even get out when skiff picks you either. Picks up anything in wants. Shot it as much as we could with  guns non tek guns and would just go heal or get another skiff. Literally such an unfair advantage. Actually ruins the entire game for the fun of real pvp. This is supposed to be a survivor Dino game non aliens and ufos not to mention how fast it is and u can’t even hear it- Clap.  Idk if im playing  Ark or terminator 3. New map is cool tho it’s why we all came back to enjoy the fresh start of pvp with friends but rip. skiffs to broken in this game can’t get over how badly it is. Suggest to take tek out this game or find a balance . or even make non Tex servers to bring the real pvp and fun back into the game. Getting raided and wiped offline is one thing but skiffs to just float tames to soak all day super broken and dumb. Let’s be real about it. Not everyone has tek or can get it that easily. Make the game fun again. Hope to fix this game make it fun again/balanced. 

Skiffs are completely broken yes. Please future posts put some effort into your writing, the wall of texts and rambling turns people off from reading it. IE: answering you.

2 hours ago, maxplanck58 said:

I think I would play PvP a lot more if I tried a no-tek server - I will look for that.

Even better, I would love a server with no technology past the stone age. 

I would play Prim+ but it just takes way to long to load for me.

There have also been official primitive servers :D it was like the normal game but no metal structures, industrial tier stuff and of course no tek. I liked those, but wildcard removed them and said they only support the primitive + servers anymore. But that support is not really existent and i dont like prim+ personally.

Archived