Switching items and dinos, between single player arks

AngryWyVern

3 hours ago, DodoRaptor said:

Transferring cryopodded ones is even worse. They either get twenty magical levels or they totally break and become unusable.

Really? I use cryopods to take all sorts of creatures across maps including wyverns, Rex, theri, yuty, and what not. I have never had problems with cryopods.

21 minutes ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Really? I use cryopods to take all sorts of creatures across maps including wyverns, Rex, theri, yuty, and what not. I have never had problems with cryopods.

According to the wiki the bug is only SP, which is what this post is talking about. Was this on official for you?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2020 at 8:37 AM, DodoRaptor said:

Transferring cryopodded ones is even worse. They either get twenty magical levels or they totally break and become unusable.

So I have this 3 way passage going from The center, to Ragnarok, and then to the Island, taking metal and oil and silica and stuff. I was taking a poison dragon from Ragnarok over to the Island. When I uncryopodded him, he had 15 free levels. Hey, can't complain right?

On 9/27/2020 at 4:47 PM, AngryWyVern said:

I play single player quite often to want to know wether it's possible to transfer items from my world's in single player like if I wanted something from the scorched earth on the island is a there a way to go about doing that ?

Yes, you can transfer from the island, to scorched earth or other maps, and vice versa. Keep in mind that if you do certain tames, they may require food from that specific map....for instance, if you want to tame a phoenix, it eats sulpher. So you got to bring enough back with you to keep it fed.

SP (XBox) here too, never had problems transferring dinos either through the standard upload or through cryopods. To the OP, just be aware that if you use the "dino" tab for uploading creatures, I believe you have to remove the saddle from the dino before you upload or the saddle will be lost in transfer. If you use cryopods, the saddle is retained. Youcan then upload the saddles separately in the item list. Also be sure to use the Ark Data tab to upload and not the tribute tab or again you can lose your items. Best do a bit of a youtube trawl for the specifics, there are subtle differences between how the transfers work on Single Player or on Official server. On official servers you can only keep stuff in these places for a given time (24hours, I vaguely recall). On SP I think it's unlimited. You can also upload and download at supply drops if I recall. My advice would be start off transferring a few rubbish things to experiment with, just to make sure you have got the hang of it. Better to lose a stack of thatch and a low level Parasaur and saddle than your best Argie and Rex on the first attempt eh? 😉 

47 minutes ago, AirplaneSlider said:

So I have this 3 way passage going from The center, to Ragnarok, and then to the Island, taking metal and oil and silica and stuff. I was taking a poison dragon from Ragnarok over to the Island. When I uncryopodded him, he had 15 free levels. Hey, can't complain right?

I guess not, I don't like to because it feels cheaty.

Archived