Obsidian doesn't respaw?

Traldimans

I play The Island and wanted to know why it is not re-spawning the obsidian feature in and around the volcano area?
I went with my Ankilo and picked it up but it has been several days and no obsidian reappears;

Eu jogo o The Island e queria saber porque não está re spawnando novamente o recurso obsidiana na área do vulcão e no entorno dele?
Fui com meu Ankilo e peguei mas já se passaram vário dias e nada de reaparecer as obsidianas

1 hour ago, Traldimans said:

How old has this game been and the guys haven't fixed it?

Ark Survival Evolved was opened to players in 2015 or 2014.

This bug (which I have never heard of before) I googled and see a post in Steamcommunity: Jan 10, 2016

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/451850468367872038/

25 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I choose to just run a LAN server instead of dealing with SP.

I had begin a long process of recreating all my Official PvE builds in Singleplayer yesterday.
I intend to wean myself off Official PvE (I've tried cold Turkey) to help myself quit this harmful addiction.
Thx to your comment Aylana, I may use LAN instead (which was an option I was considering).

The 'fix' for this is two fold...

1) Don't play single player. Play a private non-dedicated session instead. It is essentially 'single player' but it's much more reliable and configurable.

2) The basic problem with resources not respawning is related to respawns and 'rendering'. Once you're playing 'single player' in a private non-dedicated session, you can configure your server to have stuff respawn quickly, so as you harvest, before you leave the area, the resources have spawned back in, thus avoiding the bug that occurs when you leave the render distance of certain resources areas before they have respawned.

I used to have the same problem. I no longer do. Here's the settings I use:

In GameUserSettings.ini File

Under '[ServerSettings]' change the following settings:

StructurePreventResourceRadiusMultiplier=0.300000
ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier=0.010000

In Game.ini FIle

Under '[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]'

ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers=0.300000
ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures=0.300000

9 minutes ago, DeHammer said:

A 'correção' para isso é dupla ...

1) Não jogue um jogador. Em vez disso, jogue uma sessão privada não dedicada. É essencialmente 'single player', mas é muito mais confiável e configurável.

2) O problema básico com os recursos que não reaparecem está relacionado a respawns e 'renderização'. Assim que estiver jogando 'single player' em uma sessão privada não dedicada, você pode configurar seu servidor para que as coisas sejam reaparecidas rapidamente, de modo que, à medida que você coleta, antes de deixar a área, os recursos voltam, evitando assim o bug que ocorre quando você deixa a distância de renderização de certas áreas de recursos antes de terem sido restauradas.

Eu costumava ter o mesmo problema. Eu não faço mais. Estas são as configurações que utilizo:

No arquivo GameUserSettings.ini

Em '[ServerSettings]', altere as seguintes configurações:

StructurePreventResourceRadiusMultiplier = 0,300000
ResourcesRespawnPeriodMultiplier = 0,010000

No arquivo Game.ini

Em '[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]'

ResourceNoReplenishRadiusPlayers = 0.300000
ResourceNoReplenishRadiusStructures = 0.300000

I went to advanced settings for the Single player game and set up Respawn in the shortest possible time and it worked. The Obsidians reappeared in the areas that I had collected, but I will follow your advice and if I crash again I will use your tips, thank you very much for the help of everyone I hope this resolves

On 9/27/2020 at 5:42 PM, Traldimans said:

I went to advanced settings for the Single player game and set up Respawn in the shortest possible time and it worked. The Obsidians reappeared in the areas that I had collected, but I will follow your advice and if I crash again I will use your tips, thank you very much for the help of everyone I hope this resolves

Excellent news! Glad I could help.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has their own way of playing but in my opinion, if you are new to the game, don't just change the game settings so high that the game is no longer a challenge. It will end up being a lot less fun and you will get no sense of achievement in playing. Obsidian is meant to be a rare resource, and even with lower settings, using the right tames and strategy, you shouldn't find you are without it for periods so long that you can't progress. My advice would be work on levelling up your collection anky and carrier tame (argy/quetz) to make the most of the resource you are collecting in the first place. If you aren't collecting this way already, then just speeding up the rate at which it respawns isn't the best solution as you are still going to be grinding unnecessarily.

Archived