why is no one using magmasaurs? in (pvp)

DeliaHaze20

10 hours ago, Thyme said:

In head to head combat, they have less hp than rexes. They do a bit more damage but because of their difficult breeding they'll likely never surpass official rex lines. For spam clearing meks do the job well. The fireball is pretty good but I don't think it makes up for their flaws.

less hp than a rexes? like base hp? they do more structure damage then a mek. and the fireball damage scales with it melee making it insane damage. but yeah it is pretty hard to raise and breed.

14 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

less hp than a rexes? like base hp? they do more structure damage then a mek. and the fireball damage scales with it melee making it insane damage. but yeah it is pretty hard to raise and breed.

Rexes get 50 more hp per point and get a 5.7% increase per level up compared to a magmas 2.7%, so high level rexes will always be stronger. Same for melee, rexes bites are gonna be doing more when they're both high level.

They are a great spam clearer though, but I guess meks have the luxary of not needed to carry ingots around to feed it like the magma, as well as working when its raining.

On 9/28/2020 at 10:37 AM, Thyme said:

Rexes get 50 more hp per point and get a 5.7% increase per level up compared to a magmas 2.7%, so high level rexes will always be stronger. Same for melee, rexes bites are gonna be doing more when they're both high level.

They are a great spam clearer though, but I guess meks have the luxary of not needed to carry ingots around to feed it like the magma, as well as working when its raining.

well your not going to useing melee on a magma you will be useing its fireball since it a artillery tame so you wont be 1v1ing a rex so i got a story for you which ill be making it short i killed a super breed megalosaurus from aberration and killed it in a 1v1 useing the fireball the magma is a power house on abb i was a god no one can kill me not even a mama can kill it there is a hidden strength with the magmasaur no one in using and i did some teating and a 600+melee magma can in rage a giga but you have to try it on abb it is a god on abb and if its possible can you calculate the fireball damage for me?

20 hours ago, DeliaHaze20 said:

well your not going to useing melee on a magma you will be useing its fireball since it a artillery tame so you wont be 1v1ing a rex so i got a story for you which ill be making it short i killed a super breed megalosaurus from aberration and killed it in a 1v1 useing the fireball the magma is a power house on abb i was a god no one can kill me not even a mama can kill it there is a hidden strength with the magmasaur no one in using and i did some teating and a 600+melee magma can in rage a giga but you have to try it on abb it is a god on abb and if its possible can you calculate the fireball damage for me?

Fireball itself does the same damage as a bite, 120 damage at 100% melee. When fully charged the fire ball with do 3x the damage, so 360. At full charge, more pieces will explode off when it hits, and these peices produce an oil puddle when they land. 

I tested against an unsaddles giga with a 600% melee magma and fireballs did between 4k - 13k damage depending on on how many oil puddles landed at the gigas feet. The best place to shoot is at the ground between the gigas feet, because then most oil puddles land at its feet, preferably shoot it from behind. Shooting at its body just meant the puddles would land somewhere where it isn't standing on them.

Um magmas are used all time on pvp. Here is a snippet from PC official pvp, me on my magma during the battle for island13 green obelisk. Magmas along with the meks were used to clear a path for advancing racers. And charged shots neutralized perimeter turret towers as can be seen in video.

Magmas are used along with meks for clearing spam. The magmas can also give nearby allied dinos a freeze immunity buff, which counters the owls freeze ability and can be decisive during giga fights. During large wars giga lines will sometimes have a magma shielding them from owls.

Magmas are artillery dinos used for bombardment and destroying enemy structures. They can be used to directly shoot gigas but it's generally not a good idea. Magmas are too slow and fragile to survive in front lines with gigas, rhinos, Manas etc clashing. They are ideally used from backlines for long range bombardment.

6 hours ago, jedikitteh said:

Um magmas are used all time on pvp. Here is a snippet from PC official pvp, me on my magma during the battle for island13 green obelisk. Magmas along with the meks were used to clear a path for advancing racers. And charged shots neutralized perimeter turret towers as can be seen in video.

Magmas are used along with meks for clearing spam. The magmas can also give nearby allied dinos a freeze immunity buff, which counters the owls freeze ability and can be decisive during giga fights. During large wars giga lines will sometimes have a magma shielding them from owls.

Magmas are artillery dinos used for bombardment and destroying enemy structures. They can be used to directly shoot gigas but it's generally not a good idea. Magmas are too slow and fragile to survive in front lines with gigas, rhinos, Manas etc clashing. They are ideally used from backlines for long range bombardment.

yes thank you!!!! also with a good saddle the magma can kill a mama easy the mamas breath only does like 1 to 2 damage (close range) a second and on abb its super powerfull.

On 10/1/2020 at 3:42 AM, DeliaHaze20 said:

yes thank you!!!! also with a good saddle the magma can kill a mama easy the mamas breath only does like 1 to 2 damage (close range) a second and on abb its super powerfull.

Nah the mana does way more damage than that. The floating damage marker is misleading, because the ice beam hits many, many time a second. Magmasaurs do not have any damage resistance to manas. What they have is freeze resistance, with the buff applied you cant frozen. But you will still take damage. And manas have like one of highest DPS in game. Manas shred magmas quickly. Like I wrote earlier, Magmasaurs are artillery dinos and act in support role, they cant fight manas. If left alone unsuppoted they will die quickly.

15 hours ago, jedikitteh said:

Nah the mana does way more damage than that. The floating damage marker is misleading, because the ice beam hits many, many time a second. Magmasaurs do not have any damage resistance to manas. What they have is freeze resistance, with the buff applied you cant frozen. But you will still take damage. And manas have like one of highest DPS in game. Manas shred magmas quickly. Like I wrote earlier, Magmasaurs are artillery dinos and act in support role, they cant fight manas. If left alone unsuppoted they will die quickly.

i had a 133 armor saddle and i know damage calculation enough to now the mana only does 1 to 2 damage a second with a good armour saddle i tested it on default single player and on official with my 30khp magma with a 133 armor saddle a (friend helped me) that is how i know a magma can kill a mana trust me. also the mama only does 0 damage at longer ranges

Archived