Scorched earth abandoned

JW0405

• 1 month later...

Actually i have finish ARK Island (All alpha bosses and Overseer), so i am on SE now for following the lore.

I'm sad to know the end of this expansion and no relation to Aberration, but i will make manticore and going on Aberration for continue the game.

I think (my opinion, maybe false) they haven't make end cuz the game wasnt finished when Scorched Earth was here (Devs finishing The Island with Overseer, tek ... the Final version in 2017, and Aberration was coming too same year). Then too much work same year.

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, HeavenlyXInglex said:

They have officially said that Scorched Earth is a finished product. No future changes are planned or future additions to the map. 

I honestly really hope they go back on that statement someday. SE was where the expansions began, it deserves an ending cutscene at least (though I understand those are very difficult to make).

It has already been confirmed multiple times that the map is complete. The map doesn't have an ascension process for story reasons. Did anyone even bother to read the Explorer Notes? 

Theres no need to go back and add stuff to an already stated complete map when they could just continue to make newer stuff 

21 hours ago, linc said:

There is 1 small reason. The Tek Wyvern Saddle, that is existing in Devkit since release of SE, afaik. Where would this fit if not in SE?

As others mentionned (WC included), SE if officially finished, despite all the flaws and missing aspects. Never forget it was a DLC created with the main purpose of being a quick cash income to save the studio from the desastrous lawsuit.

Also, it's not because something exist within the dev kit that it means the DLC it is related to is unfinished. Sure the tek wyvern saddle exists, but so is the tek giga saddle among other things. Even Gen 1 had something called x-ray rexes with visible organs through their skin. It never made it into the final cut of the DLC.

There are so many unused assets in the dev kit they could almost put together a "Secrets of Lost Arks" DLC with them...

------------------------------------

On a more serious note, can we please stop trying to beat a long dead horse? SE ascension/cutscene will NEVER happen, nor will a TLC and all the QoL it would need to really shine as a DLC. At least not from WC, that's for sure.

Your sole option is to hope for some talented/pasionnate modder(s) to take on the project of doing a TLC on their own, knowing from the start it would never ever become official at any point in time...

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Never forget it was a DLC created with the main purpose of being a quick cash income to save the studio from the desastrous lawsuit.

A decision made likely by SnailGames. Technically Snail Ark Inc was merged into WildCard Properties L.L.C

WildCard was purchased by SnailGames (that same merger) Dec 4 2015. Notice the lawsuit wasn't filed until after SnailGames owned Ark (convenient). 

SE was released in 2016 by the SnailGames owned WC.

I have a few issues with scorched that have been there since day one, but like any other issues that bother you in ark, you learn to live with them or live with them till they get fixed.

Nothing on there tho is game breaking enough for me to leave it as my home server. I'll always come back to Scorched Earth. Its the one map I've called home during my time on Ark. I've had outposts on other maps but you need to unless you buy other dinos/items. 

On 11/28/2020 at 5:25 PM, HeavenlyXInglex said:

They have officially said that Scorched Earth is a finished product. No future changes are planned or future additions to the map. 

If the devs finish the gen 2 they need to add an ascension to this map. i want to see an ascension cutscene, what shows us, how the rainstorm starts, and the desert turns into an island (the dunes is the ocean, and the canyons is the rivers).

v8dluaprdta41.png.ceeed24b9d974257a304a6abe74ee412.png 

Sorry this is a bit long winded but please hang in there and I hope this makes sense.

Have you read the lore for Scorched Earth? The reason why there is no ascension or overseer arena is because there wasn't an overseer in the first place.

In my opinion we play ark backwards. If you read the lore about genesis it states something along these lines... 'The Genesis simulation was created to test different dinos in different environments and situations and for survivors to test their skills in a controlled environment'. 

So Genesis came before all the other arks. I believe the Island ascension process is meant to be the first major test to see if survivors have what it takes to complete the revival process. They wouldn't need a second 'first' test to test the survivors again. After all Abberation was broken by Diana's crew so when Helena reaches the Abberation ark, it isn't what it was meant to be. Also the Guardians of Abberation were probably destroyed by Diana's team hence why Rockwell took over as guardian. 

Our story on the Arks isn't actually how things were meant to of gone. Due to Helena's journey and her becoming the Homo Deus of the arks, she has changed the way it works. 

The Island is also the only ark to have all 3 original Guardians. No point in having an overseer on every map if they are only gonna change into one guardian during the fight. 

To sum up. It wouldn't have been logical for the creators of the ark or for Helena to give the same tests to survivors every time they travelled to a different ark. 

23 hours ago, HeavenlyXInglex said:

Also the Guardians of Abberation were probably destroyed by Diana's team hence why Rockwell took over as guardian. 

If you read the Explorer Notes then you find out that Helena's and Diana's group were all involved with the destruction of the Ark and then the hacking of the Ark's systems to get to the Overseer without fighting the guardians and then blowing up the Overseer and the Ark stability systems after it tried to kill them. So Helena was there for all of it. 

Have you read the lore for Scorched Earth? The reason why there is no ascension or overseer arena is because there wasn't an overseer in the first place.

I believe it was more along the lines of the Overseer had malfunctioned, there's a quote somewhere from Helena saying something about these things having been working for so long were bound to malfunction. That's also how the Ark tests became impossible, because the Overseers had gone rogue on their requirements for "passing" and Helena made a bypass for us after she became Homo Deus. I only say that it wasn't destroyed because it decided to make the Wyverns and Mantis but also destroyed a city when they got too "stagnant" in growth 

In my opinion we play ark backwards. If you read the lore about genesis it states something along these lines... 'The Genesis simulation was created to test different dinos in different environments and situations and for survivors to test their skills in a controlled environment'. 

I kinda understand where this idea is coming from, but the dialogue in Genesis says it is preparing us for something called the "Arrival" so maybe it was repurposed. Or if you want to look at it with the context of us going to a "Colony Ship" for Gen 2 then the creatures could be being tested for life on another planet that they discovered could support life.

Yeah. I never play SE, it's just not for me even though im a seasoned veteran of the game. First time I played, got killed by a sabertooth as soon as I spawned. Tried to spawn again, somewhere else this time, gets killed by raptors. I managed to spawn somewhere else without dying instantly, build a thatch house near a river, makes some clothes and tools, and then out of nowhere a T.rex spawns. Had to abandon the house and make my own somewhere else. I died of overheating.

I can't believe that there's no ascending cutscene. Makes it feel like that the player is still stuck on that ARK.  

7 hours ago, UDGxKnight said:

If you read the Explorer Notes then you find out that Helena's and Diana's group were all involved with the destruction of the Ark and then the hacking of the Ark's systems to get to the Overseer without fighting the guardians and then blowing up the Overseer and the Ark stability systems after it tried to kill them. So Helena was there for all of it. 

I believe it was more along the lines of the Overseer had malfunctioned, there's a quote somewhere from Helena saying something about these things having been working for so long were bound to malfunction. That's also how the Ark tests became impossible, because the Overseers had gone rogue on their requirements for "passing" and Helena made a bypass for us after she became Homo Deus. I only say that it wasn't destroyed because it decided to make the Wyverns and Mantis but also destroyed a city when they got too "stagnant" in growth 

I kinda understand where this idea is coming from, but the dialogue in Genesis says it is preparing us for something called the "Arrival" so maybe it was repurposed. Or if you want to look at it with the context of us going to a "Colony Ship" for Gen 2 then the creatures could be being tested for life on another planet that they discovered could support life.

So because every ark has it's differences, it boils down to the Island is the only ark that is functioning the way it should. Hence the Overseer fight and Ascention process. 

On 12/9/2020 at 7:41 PM, HeavenlyXInglex said:

So because every ark has it's differences, it boils down to the Island is the only ark that is functioning the way it should. Hence the Overseer fight and Ascention process. 

Well kinda, by the time we are survivors all the Arks are "malfunctioning" because their standards for us to pass the Overseers' tests were so ludicrous that they were impossible. However Helena, after becoming Homo Deus and spending a lot of time, managed to create a loophole in the system and us. Technically even though Aberration was mostly destroyed all the Ark did was assimilate Rockwell as the new Overseer, which made him the target to get past to ascend. 

On 12/9/2020 at 1:27 PM, UDGxKnight said:

Nah,mei yin arrive to aberration after nerva defeat overseer,and see how nerva body burn because spawn in the surface,that mean diana's group destroy the ark long time ago.Santiago hack the obelisk trying to find a way to return to earth

Archived