Community Crunch 239: TLC 3 Update, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

In this edition of the Community Crunch, we’ll be giving you more details on the upcoming TLC 3 patch and taking a look at some amazing community art.

TLC 3 Update

Excitement is ramping up and we're anxious to share more details on the creature improvements we've been working on.  In addition to the creature upgrades we'll been sharing, there's more polish, balance, and quality of life updates in store for the upcoming TLC patch.

Woolly Mammoth

Mammoth_TLC_Promo_HighRes.png
Recently we gave you a peek at the visual upgrades of the Woolly Mammoth but it’s abilities have also seen an upgrade. The Mammoth comes marching in with new attacks and a buff that’s enabled by war drums.  We have a feeling you will like the sound of that!

New Abilities
War Drum Saddle and Buff

• 1 additional passenger seat on a saddle that comes equipped with a war drum that must be played to maintain an AoE buff that improves stamina regen and makes them immune to fear.

New Attacks
Tusk Sweep

• Sweeps tusks left or right to gather and harvest thatch

Trunk Trumpet

• Emits a trunk roar that does an AOE debuff to all enemies within range

Foot Stomp

• Mammoth rears up and then puts all of its weight into a forward “slam” with its front legs to directionally knock back enemies and gather wood

Trunk Grab

• Similar to the Karkinos’s grab, it is able to grab, hold, and release smaller targets

Stegosaurus

StegoTLC_Promo.png

Primarily known as a harvester, the Stegosaurus will be seeing visual upgrades and an expanded toolset that makes it hard to resist. 

New Abilities

Backplate Modes

• Backplate passive buff and can switch between three modes. Different modes will be indicated visually
    • Hardened Plated: Applies a damage reduction buff and prevents riders from being dismounted by enemies; Wood harvesting benefit
    • Heavy Plate Mode: Applies a slow when attacking with the basic tail whip; Thatch harvesting benefit
    • Sharpened Plate Mode: Applies an armor penetration effect when attacking with the tail whip. Also useful for harvesting berries

New Attacks

• Impaling Tail Whip
    • Able to impale and immobilize players and smaller creatures

EVO Event

Ark_Evolution_Event_minimized.thumb.png.2d282a169df9bbbd0ba09a90303a7cec.png

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 25th of Sep at 4 PM EST until Monday the 28th of Sep at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Breeding/Maturing

Fan Art

Rockwell by kawarayane

edmund.jpg

Starter Base by ThePilgrim

StarterBase.jpg

Catch Me by Rackiera

de5oun3-a0ee566d-c560-4531-b888-3c8a012d0026.jpg

Cliff Platform by maroichigo022

Untitled-4.jpg

Alpha Hunter by BioZev

alpha_hunter_by_biozev_de5lvg2-fullview.jpg

Direwolf by bluedragonark

direwolf.jpg

Dodo by Amy the Amers

unknown.png

Catch you next week!
Studio Wildcard

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

i am rlly rlly excited for the stego tlc i thought it didn't need one but idc i am glad its getting one and a visual upgrade as a bonus wildcard u have rlly outdone urselfs ❤️ i love stegos and ankylosaurus's there my favorite kinds of herbie's and i am also excited for the mammoth tlc i am planning on retameing mammoths again because of its tlc thanks very much wildcard~! : ) also stay safe everyone~!

• Facepalm 1

Mammoth sounds awesome but Stego seems wasteful. They already had a strong role in both PvP and PvE.

This leaves the Megalodon as useless as ever, the Quetzal trumped as a farmer enhancement by the Argy, Karkinos, and Hovercraft, and the Bronto a distant memory in PvP and the same berry gatherer in PvE

That's first take, however. Hopefully I am wrong and the Stego does expand its capabilities for both game modes.

• Like 5

Man I can sum up this crunch with 1 word........NNNIIIIICCCCCEEEEEEE!!!!! The stegos are a decent start out tame and to be honest I didn’t even think about the stego when thinking of TLCs!  I hope this won’t be the last TLC, there are definitely some other dinos that are in desperate need of it.  The mammoth’s new abilities are gonna be awesome!  I can’t wait to see what my holiday event mammoths look like after the TLC.  I know you guys killed it on the argentavis a couple years back, the color regions were far better than the originals!  If there is another TLC (which I HOPE there is) the megalodon, quetz and probably bronto deserve it.  It would be awesome if the quetz got a soaring ability, the Meg a jumping ability (kinda like great whites do) and the bronto maybe a complete remake into a brachiosaurus lol.  This is awesome Wildcard!! Keep it coming!  

• Like 4

Also good work on the server issues after updates and hot fixes, some servers do tend to be a little laggier right after but not nearly as bad as before.  Can’t wait to see what more is too come!  Really stoaked as far as the upcoming holiday season guys!  Especially with this year of 2020 being a joke everywhere else (not a joke but I think everyone knows what I’m getting at).

• Like 2