Community Crunch 239: TLC 3 Update, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

1 hour ago, Lostunicorn said:

Reading comments shows me just how forgotten the megaloceros (deer/elk) has become.....I hope it one day gets some much needed tlc that the stego and mammoth got this time around....they look great.

He not by me, i mostly play extinction and they are everywhere. I always tame a high level Male early game but as soon as I hit my first enforcer, it kinda gets unused except thatch, and it mostly just takes Cryo space.

15 hours ago, slejo said:

Maybe you re right.
It would depend on how dismounting prevent will work with tentacle electroshocking. Enemy dismount prevention maybe just work against purlovia, raptor or thyla.
If it will prevent from tentacles electro drop, it will be OP for Rockwell.. but notice - Master Controller too. 

AAND i hope it will affect TEK STEGO too

I was thinking more of protection from the bubbles in Rockwell.... If you're getting hit with electroshock then you should revisit your strategy. However there isn't a way that I am aware, beside hiding under the bridges, to avoid the electric shock for MC. Good call out. 

28 minutes ago, Bondue said:

I was thinking more of protection from the bubbles in Rockwell....

The bubbles hit dino + player + lightpet. Maybe damage reduction will add some protection, but i would be count on it.

If you're getting hit with electroshock then you should revisit your strategy.

I have hosted about 20 successful Alpha Rockwell bossruns so far and we (SandsInPants tribe) do AR fight once wa week. I was never electroshocked. I was thinking that dismount dino protection will give you a new possibility to fight with stego - dont care of electro.

However there isn't a way that I am aware, beside hiding under the bridges, to avoid the electric shock for MC. Good call out. 

Its not just hiding under bridge. If stego will prevent you from dismount, no eye laser will drop you off, no reaper will drop you off, and you will be able to use pumpgun without dismount.

• Like 1

Halloween will be coming up soon. Maybe later on, could the Araneo or Onyc get a tlc? For the spider I think it would be cool to make it a bit more like the bog spider or at least make it a tad bit bigger and climb walls. It's kind out f a tame that is commonly swept under the rug. Also I think it's a bit glitched on the crystal isles because the wild ones soawn up to lvl 300

• Thanks 1

So far, my only gripe with this TLC pass is that the Stego just became Kentro 2.0. Like, you nerfed the Kentro's damage reflection and wild ones don't seem to use their tail attack against other wild creatures, and know it seems like Stegos have the same thing just without bleed(Atleast I think Kentros cause bleed to picked up targets). 

Just think something different could have been done for the Stego, like a daytime buff or herding bonus when around other species of herbivores(Stegosaurus and Camptosaurus would herd together to help protect each other from Allosaurus).

On 9/27/2020 at 6:46 AM, slejo said:

Maybe you re right.
It would depend on how dismounting prevent will work with tentacle electroshocking. Enemy dismount prevention maybe just work against purlovia, raptor or thyla.
If it will prevent from tentacles electro drop, it will be OP for Rockwell.. but notice - Master Controller too. 

AAND i hope it will affect TEK STEGO too

Overseer too, if it does prevent boss dismounting. I'm curious how much the abilities will affect health and damage. Since they can eat veggie cakes, I feel like they could become the new boss meta. What does everyone think?

Im so disappointed in wildcard again. I swear wildcard doesnt listen to us. Mammoth already good, stego ok i guess but pteradon, quetzel, iguanadon, megalania, morellatops and saber need it most. These are dinos nobody cares about anymore. I got 5 yrs of daily playing in game, i know every little thing about game and dinos i named need it more than the rest.

Edited by Flypside

On 9/25/2020 at 10:46 PM, 13Alpha1 said:

There's only 2 dinos this time. Sorry bud.

you know they didn't say all info right just more info so that means there's at least one more creature in store for us in tlc 3 and the past 2 tlcs they gave us at least 3 creatures in them so hopefully it's the quetzal, mosa, bronto, or the allosaurus in my opinion.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Hogrider said:

you know they didn't say all info right just more info so that means there's at least one more creature in store for us in tlc 3 and the past 2 tlcs they gave us at least 3 creatures in them so hopefully it's the quetzal, mosa, bronto, or the allosaurus in my opinion.

They have previously said there will only be 2 creatures in TLC 3.

On 9/30/2020 at 8:17 PM, Flypside said:

Im so disappointed in wildcard again. I swear wildcard doesnt listen to us. Mammoth already good, stego ok i guess but pteradon, quetzel, iguanadon, megalania, morellatops and saber need it most. These are dinos nobody cares about anymore. I got 5 yrs of daily playing in game, i know every little thing about game and dinos i named need it more than the rest.

The Mammoth has needed this for a while, and the Stego does deserve a TLC seeing as how the Rex, Raptor, Spino, and Trike all got one and it's around the same age as them. 

The only creatures on your list that need a TLC are the Pteranodon and Quetz. The Iguanadon is fine for what it is, Megalania just needs better stats, and the Saber already had a TLC.

I would like the wyverns to have a mount but that it is not mandatory to be able to mount something like the equus and the mount is complicated to manufacture and change the firing mode for example that the poison wyvern instead of throwing a ball throws a jet of acid.

I find it funny especially because of the possibilities it gives in pvp :)