Will my PC run ark?

wizdawizard66

1 hour ago, wizdawizard66 said:

Hello. I am getting a PC. I wanted to know if it will run ark, and if so, at what FPS on what setting. 

Specs:

Intel Core i7 8 core 10th gen 10700

Radeon RX 550

2.9 Ghz

The monitor is 1920x1080 at 144hz

Bud, that computer will run ark, if I had to guess, with default graphics you could run 10-20 FPS with very minimal lag spikes? I don’t really know though. Also if you include something like, this, be sure to include if you have DDr3 or DDR4 ram and how much, and if you have an SSD or a HDD

Your CPU is fine. The video card is gonna struggle. Might be okay on low settings.

If you don't already have one, get a big SSD. Plan on having 200 or 300 GB available for Ark. You need space for the game plus quite a bit of extra for when it installs updates (which happen often).

You'll also want 16GB of RAM or more.

27 minutes ago, zero064 said:

Your CPU is fine. The video card is gonna struggle. Might be okay on low settings.

If you don't already have one, get a big SSD. Plan on having 200 or 300 GB available for Ark. You need space for the game plus quite a bit of extra for when it installs updates (which happen often).

You'll also want 16GB of RAM or more.

Also, will it run games like fortnite or minecraft java?

4 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Bud, that computer will run ark, if I had to guess, with default graphics you could run 10-20 FPS with very minimal lag spikes? I don’t really know though. Also if you include something like, this, be sure to include if you have DDr3 or DDR4 ram and how much, and if you have an SSD or a HDD

So how much do you think that I will get at low?

14 hours ago, wizdawizard66 said:

Also, will it run games like fortnite or minecraft java?

yes no even a question, FN and MC are 50x easier to run

14 hours ago, wizdawizard66 said:

Sorry, I'm not too good with computers. By no mention you mean? Also, what graphics cards would you reccomend?

R.A.M.(Random Access Memory) or simply Memory, is similer to a harddrive(storage space) but it holds a lot less data and can prosses it a billion times faster, when you open something, it will "load" when it does this it moves files that will be part of running the program to RAM so that way there s quick acsees. more ram means more space to store so nothing stays in the harddrive/storage and is slower. another thing there is DDR1 ram(worst), DDR2 ram(ok),  DDR3 ram(good), and DDR4 ram(best) you may have DDR3 or 4 if your computer was made in last 20 years or so, and if you have one type you have to buy only more of that type. now most PCs have 2-4(16-32GB ram) slots for ram, meaning buying 8GB sticks is the best option, that way you can have maximum ram.

SSD(Solid State Drive) is basically a harddrive/storage but better, normal storage is called HDD, and is much slower, SSD has a faster read and write speed(meaning faster downloads and operating a program) but is much more expensive per GB(note: when adding an SSD you do not replace your HDD just add on to it.)

For a graphics card, whatever you can buy, i looked into 1050 and 1050 TI and that was pretty good cost around 100-135

to find out what ram you have and how much, weather you have a SSD or HDD find the store code or number or whatever and look it up, should find a page on that PC from the manufactioner with the specs.

13 hours ago, wizdawizard66 said:

So how much do you think that I will get at low?

hmmm im not really sure, maybe a solid 30-40? i dont have too much experance with this and you didnt inclue full details

13 hours ago, wizdawizard66 said:

On what settings? I hope that we can get around 50-100 fps on max settings.

maybe not a hunderd, but i bet at least 50 and im my opinion noone needs more than 30(naturally the others disagree)

Archived