Is it normal for loot crates to be relatively empty?

CrabSoda

I just started playing aberration and I'm in the starting area near the portal. I've picked up the 2 loot crates near there about 10 times total over 3 days IRL and not once has there been anything more than 1 or 2 engram blueprints - no supplies at all. I've had purple, blue, and green crates but they are all the same - a fish basket blueprint, a table blueprint, a metal billboard etc. Is this by design or is it bugged? 

sounds like typical loot crate RNG......tamed a Liopleurodon a couple weeks ago and went on a loot crate smash a thon for the next 6 hours.....best thing I got was a ascendant dire bear saddle blueprint while in the swamp cave on the island. Next day I got a ramshackle 173 simple rifle....something actually useful and didn't require the sacrifice of my shark. x.x

4 hours ago, Zapha said:

Wildcard has drastically changed the loot tables. One or two years ago I always got great loot from orbital drops, but on the other side it was too easy.

Now the orbital drops have rarely good stuff, even not the red ones. I have to do deep sea loot crates for good loot.

I tried that for a minute or two, but jack squat. Couldn't find anything, hence the swamp cave run.....I would have thought that with the boost effect that I would have been getting much better stuff.....I was still finding generic materials in the green drops....flint, stone, narco.....that loadout.....where the heck was a fancy saddle or maybe a random metal tool or something.

6 minutes ago, wizard03 said:

I tried that for a minute or two, but jack squat. Couldn't find anything, hence the swamp cave run.....I would have thought that with the boost effect that I would have been getting much better stuff.....I was still finding generic materials in the green drops....flint, stone, narco.....that loadout.....where the heck was a fancy saddle or maybe a random metal tool or something.

I've been on Carno Island for a week or so, and I can't remember the last blue drop I found that didn't have a crop plot/compass/smithy blueprint. Even yellows and reds are pretty bad. 

Archived