Playing with friends between Epic Games Store and Steam?

HDinis09

18 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

There are server launch parameters to set. Do you rent a server or run on your own hardware?

My friend is, since he has a much better rig than i do. Which parameters would he need?

Also, does my friend or me need to portforward router? I have read that in a few places.

8 minutes ago, HDinis09 said:

My friend is, since he has a much better rig than i do. Which parameters would he need?

Also, does my friend or me need to portforward router? I have read that in a few places.

Yes to port forwarding. I suggest checking out Ark Server manager (asm) to actually setup/manage the server, make it less tedious.

The required launch parameters are in the announcement newsletter.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Yes to port forwarding. I suggest checking out Ark Server manager (asm) to actually setup/manage the server, make it less tedious.

The required launch parameters are in the announcement newsletter.

I will try this in the morning, would running a server have impact on a lower end pc? Or would the performance be around the same?

44 minutes ago, HDinis09 said:

I will try this in the morning, would running a server have impact on a lower end pc? Or would the performance be around the same?

Just running the server (for a couple players) is cpu and ram dependent, doesn't need a graphics card.

You're not planning on running the server on the same computer that you play on, right?

10 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Just running the server (for a couple players) is cpu and ram dependent, doesn't need a graphics card.

You're not planning on running the server on the same computer that you play on, right?

No ahaha, in my portforwarding screen, i am forced to put a server IP, which would this one be? The one i selected from the drop down list on the Quick Start Guide?

I have successfully managed to host(on Epic Games), by using the Host non-dedicated option on ARK, my friend(Steam), could only enter after i portforwarded all these ports into my router and Windows Firewall(PS: I don't know the specific ports so i portforwarded all from this link .

Thank you all for the support, i will however try and use the server manager, since i has a lot of problems using it :)

Archived