Help with rex mutations and mutation stacking

TheBrownieMan

So i need help with getting mutations and stacking those mutations or at least were i should begin

So i have a level 73 female and a level 97 male rex, i breed them and i got a female (F1) and now i am going to breed those two together again to get a male (M1) to breed with the female (F1). 

So once i breed the two siblings together where do i go from there???

Breed your original male and female together until you get a baby that has the best stats from both the mother and father.  Then breed that baby with either the mother or father until you get the opposite sex that has the exact same level and stats.  Those two will become your base breeding pair.  Breed them until you have several females that have the same stats and level as the base breeding pair, then breed all of those females with the one male until you get a baby that has a mutation you want to breed into that line (for example, health).  You will know the one of the babies has a mutation when it comes out two levels higher than the parents.  Then replace the base male with the new male until you get another mutation in health (once again, the mutated baby will be 2 levels higher than the father).  Then keep repeating that until you get where you want to be.

For example, once I have my base male and females, I breed one stat until I get to 20/20 mutations on the patriarchal side, then put that one away and do the same for another stat.  For instance, breeding rexes for fighting, you probably want to mutate health, stamina and damage.  Breed only for health mutations until you get to 20/20 mutations on either the matriarchal or patriarchal side and set that dino aside.  Start again ,but this time go for stamina until you get to 20/20 on one side, and again, set that dino aside.  Finally do the same for damage.  Then breed the 20/20 health with the 20/20 stamina and you will have a dino that has 40/20 mutations on one side.  Then breed the final damage dino in and you will have a baby with 60/20 mutations.  Breed until you have a male and female both with 60/20 mutations and those will be the parents of all of your fighting rexes.  This is just one example of how to do it, not the only way.  Hope that helps a little :)

21 minutes ago, djenkins72968 said:

Breed your original male and female together until you get a baby that has the best stats from both the mother and father.  Then breed that baby with either the mother or father until you get the opposite sex that has the exact same level and stats.  Those two will become your base breeding pair.  Breed them until you have several females that have the same stats and level as the base breeding pair, then breed all of those females with the one male until you get a baby that has a mutation you want to breed into that line (for example, health).  You will know the one of the babies has a mutation when it comes out two levels higher than the parents.  Then replace the base male with the new male until you get another mutation in health (once again, the mutated baby will be 2 levels higher than the father).  Then keep repeating that until you get where you want to be.

For example, once I have my base male and females, I breed one stat until I get to 20/20 mutations on the patriarchal side, then put that one away and do the same for another stat.  For instance, breeding rexes for fighting, you probably want to mutate health, stamina and damage.  Breed only for health mutations until you get to 20/20 mutations on either the matriarchal or patriarchal side and set that dino aside.  Start again ,but this time go for stamina until you get to 20/20 on one side, and again, set that dino aside.  Finally do the same for damage.  Then breed the 20/20 health with the 20/20 stamina and you will have a dino that has 40/20 mutations on one side.  Then breed the final damage dino in and you will have a baby with 60/20 mutations.  Breed until you have a male and female both with 60/20 mutations and those will be the parents of all of your fighting rexes.  This is just one example of how to do it, not the only way.  Hope that helps a little :)

Holy poop, thank u so much :)

I just wanna mention some stuff other people didn’t already. You can breed beyond 20 mutations if you didn’t know. As long as all your females are 0/20 mutations, mutations will still happen, but the chances are cut in half once the dad reaches 20/20.

Additionally you should get already strong dinos before you start breeding. I only bother taming wild dinos level 140+ if I want to breed. I recommend using Ark Smart Breeding, you can use it to check the stats of a dino. 45 or more points in a stat is a really good starting point.

13 hours ago, Thyme said:

I just wanna mention some stuff other people didn’t already. You can breed beyond 20 mutations if you didn’t know. As long as all your females are 0/20 mutations, mutations will still happen, but the chances are cut in half once the dad reaches 20/20.

Additionally you should get already strong dinos before you start breeding. I only bother taming wild dinos level 140+ if I want to breed. I recommend using Ark Smart Breeding, you can use it to check the stats of a dino. 45 or more points in a stat is a really good starting point.

Im on xbox, and ive put the difficult level all the way up and i have put the command in "DestroyWildDinos" And i could not ever find anything higher then a level 80 rex. Is there some type of setting that im missing to get higher creatures?? 

6 hours ago, TheBrownieMan said:

Im on xbox, and ive put the difficult level all the way up and i have put the command in "DestroyWildDinos" And i could not ever find anything higher then a level 80 rex. Is there some type of setting that im missing to get higher creatures?? 

Find areas with more rexes, the only thing too it is luck, just keep looking.

7 hours ago, TheBrownieMan said:

If every wild dino has a level that's a multiple of 5 then that should mean its working, sometimes you just get unlucky

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Spawn_Map_(The_Island) If you didnt know, the wiki has spawn maps that are a good way to find rex spawn areas

I never understood why WC didn't release some "How To" videos on the game.

Since they designed it, they know better than anyone what works. I would love to see some videos like that every week over some fan art. (no offense if it's your fan art) lol.

@ZenRowe@Cedric *points at the WC go to guys*  🙂

8 hours ago, ARKinadium said:

I never understood why WC didn't release some "How To" videos on the game.

Since they designed it, they know better than anyone what works. I would love to see some videos like that every week over some fan art. (no offense if it's your fan art) lol.

@ZenRowe@Cedric *points at the WC go to guys*  🙂

Good thoughts.

On 9/22/2020 at 9:13 AM, TheBrownieMan said:

So i need help with getting mutations and stacking those mutations or at least were i should begin

So i have a level 73 female and a level 97 male rex, i breed them and i got a female (F1) and now i am going to breed those two together again to get a male (M1) to breed with the female (F1). 

So once i breed the two siblings together where do i go from there???

I have a step by step to obtain genetic improvement in any dinosaur that can be crossed. I hope it can be useful for you. 

https://steamcommunity.com/id/ragorgonio/myworkshopfiles/?section=guides

On 9/22/2020 at 11:39 PM, djenkins72968 said:

So i just breed my original male and female together and got twins with the exact same stats, can I continue the process with these two??

Archived