A knack for Trikes...

Eleusius

Hey all,

I admit that ever since I tamed my first Trike I do have a knack for them. They're so good early game and besides packing a punch, being easy to maintain (with all the berries they harvest, you'll always have plenty of food no matter what) and after all just sweet.

Now... for having a knack for Trikes... I'm having crazy ideas about them. Maybe even start breeding them. Maybe even start breeding them and taking them into a boss fight. Well, I haven't done anything like that, yet. Not even a boss-fight with "recommended" creatures. But... does anyone think they're good for at least gamma-M...piticus? What are your experiences with Trikes? Like to share?

Regards,

Eleusius.

Unfortunately Trikes are very under represented in this game. Scientists believe they competed with Rex's for land dominance but in this game they are utilized as berry gatherers early and soakers, due to armor plating on head, in PvP

Their offensive capabilities lack but with enough breeding I am sure you could get them good enough to take down a boss. They get a rival buff, mate boost, and veggie cake heal so that's a positive. 

Easy enough raises so give it a shot and see.

Sorry to disappoint you but trikes are worthless for any boss arena. For spider boss health pool is way too low. For Monkey boss they have poopty mobility and will be constantly knocked back by bosse's hits without any chance to strike back. I'm not mentioning Dragon boss, because It therizino/rex only thing. 

Honestly, unless you're on a super boosted server with OP dinos, Trikes don't stand a chance. They just aren't good, which is really a shame since they went toe-to-toe with one of the most dangerous predators of all time. Wish they had made it an alpha-tier mount when the TLC came through, seeing as how the Pachyrhino is a thing. 

As someone mentioned palaeontological data - I've heard they weren't placid (i.e. you wouldn't want to go near them as opposed to Ark) and there are findings of wounds on Trike-Horns, which are ascribed to TRexes. And many of those wounds have healed - meaning that for some reason the Trike survived the battle. Maybe they outnumbered the Rexes. They sure were a powerhouse.

Oh well... let's play ark. It's still a fantastic (buggy) game, even though trikes aren't as good as they should be.

Eleusius.

On 9/22/2020 at 9:43 AM, EndlessDuck said:

Sorry to disappoint you but trikes are worthless for any boss arena. For spider boss health pool is way too low. For Monkey boss they have poopty mobility and will be constantly knocked back by bosse's hits without any chance to strike back. I'm not mentioning Dragon boss, because It therizino/rex only thing. 

Rexes would probably be worse than trikes for dragon. I'm not saying they'd be good, but with the fire breath high-level, good-saddled, imprinted trikes might do a decent amount of damage before inevitably dying, while rexes wouldn't make it long at all.

52 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

Also, somewhat off-topic, how would chalis do in a bossfight? They have saddles that are fairly common in surface drops, can eat veggie cakes, and I don't think are hard to raise. They also have pretty good damage, and can throw poop to get the dragon/manticore/crystal wyvern queen if they fly away.

They have slightly more hp than trikes but that's their only real advantage. Boulders aren't that great, they don't throw super far. The only thing that they have over theris is the ability to use weapons while riding them.

41 minutes ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

I don’t remember what stats and such were used, but I don’t think there was any mutating. Here is a chart made by @TinyHippo https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CmXRYJuz-WB6PJhrbkY5Kcx-Y1a5l2wtVdU8XqnD9oo/edit

I've been summoned

All stats used are in the chart, and it was wildtamed and cloned to repeat the exact stats throughout the group, half were male and half were female for the mate boost, and in all tests I was personally riding a yuty (but not attacking) to provide the courage buff

Trikes have the downside of frequently trying to charge and wasting a lot of time doing that, which makes them not viable for most fights, although they aren't terrible if ridden, they shouldn't be a primary dino and you shouldn't count on them for high difficulty fights.

1 hour ago, DodoRaptor said:

Also, somewhat off-topic, how would chalis do in a bossfight? They have saddles that are fairly common in surface drops, can eat veggie cakes, and I don't think are hard to raise. They also have pretty good damage, and can throw poop to get the dragon/manticore/crystal wyvern queen if they fly away.

Chalicos are pretty strong and stand a good chance against bosses, but shouldn't be used for the highest level fights of alpha broodmother and dragon. They perform much much better than trikes due to their ai not making them break focus constantly unlike trikes.

1 minute ago, TinyHippo said:

Chalicos are pretty strong and stand a good chance against bosses, but shouldn't be used for the highest level fights of alpha broodmother and dragon. They perform much much better than trikes due to their ai not making them break focus constantly unlike trikes.

Muy interesante. I may need to make a chali army. I won't use them for the dragon or broodmother, but if I can kill the megapithicus with them, I most certainly will. I should have a deccent saddle BP lying around somewhere. It will take time, but it won't hurt to try it. The stats on the chart aren't phenomenal either, so it won't be necessary to level a ton. I will see what I can do.

I feel like all my boss related plans have come together. I'm finishing up the leveling of my megatheirium army, which I'll use on the gamma (and maybe beta) broodmother, I have a rex, which I can breed to get an alpha broodmother army (I'd use megatheirium for it too, but as megatheirium go, mine are not the best), according to this I can use chalis on all the megapithicus difficulties, and I have a theri I can breed for the dragon. It all makes sense. Thanks for sciencing this.

1 hour ago, DodoRaptor said:

Muy interesante. I may need to make a chali army. I won't use them for the dragon or broodmother, but if I can kill the megapithicus with them, I most certainly will. I should have a deccent saddle BP lying around somewhere. It will take time, but it won't hurt to try it. The stats on the chart aren't phenomenal either, so it won't be necessary to level a ton. I will see what I can do.

I feel like all my boss related plans have come together. I'm finishing up the leveling of my megatheirium army, which I'll use on the gamma (and maybe beta) broodmother, I have a rex, which I can breed to get an alpha broodmother army (I'd use megatheirium for it too, but as megatheirium go, mine are not the best), according to this I can use chalis on all the megapithicus difficulties, and I have a theri I can breed for the dragon. It all makes sense. Thanks for sciencing this.

Sounds good, just keep in mind that alpha broodmother is a real monster and you need some serious Force to fight it. you can't overprepare for it.

Trikes charge ability is good, it applies a slow debuff. But it barely does any damage. If they made the charge do say 1/2 of a rhinos charge trikes would be interesting in offensive role. Both for bosses in PVE and frontline war mounts in PVP. I am mean come on, who did not imagine riding to battle on a badass trike. Trikes are damn useful on PVP, but only for draining turrets sadly.

Archived