Why is Crystal Isles so ..lifeless?

MayonnaisePlease

Hear me out. I play xbox official servers, and I think the map is absolutely beautiful.

But.. the lack of dinos is.. extremely disappointing- It seems so barren. You don't see as many dinos as you would on any other map. It just feels so lifeless. Anyone else having the same experience? :( I'd love to know if a fix were coming out as well. The map is so good, but the very low number of dinos is just so disheartening.

Having this issue as well. Often have to dino-wipe to see dino populations rise after being in an area. There isn't a whole lot roaming around. Also think the map's spawns are WAY too homogenized. So many Kapros, Sarcos, and Frogs wherever you go because like half the map is swamp. Really wish what little spawns there are were more unique and distinguished. 

You think land is quiet lol, wait till you dip your toes in the deep ocean, 80% water is empty, and spawns are completely messed up, when you see creatures, there are massive amounts of dinos in one spawn point.

Also, the ocean floor you can build on.. i feel like the devs dint really lok into Ci before making it official, so many things incomplete.

Tusos/mosas/Electric eels all on the same spawn, lol this is carnage.
but OTP, 
i agree.

3 hours ago, MayonnaisePlease said:

Hear me out. I play xbox official servers, and I think the map is absolutely beautiful.

But.. the lack of dinos is.. extremely disappointing- It seems so barren. You don't see as many dinos as you would on any other map. It just feels so lifeless. Anyone else having the same experience? :( I'd love to know if a fix were coming out as well. The map is so good, but the very low number of dinos is just so disheartening.

The spawns are very bizarre. Yes. THere tend to be certain spots of the map where you have gigantic spawn clusters, like little islands of population in a vast, barren zone. This happens in both ocean and on land. I went through the entire redwood forest and found a handful of creatures-none of which were even Red Wood natives. I don't understand the spawn logic. Why are there mammoths and rhinos in the Redwoods? 

Meanwhile, if you go to the swamp in the South-East, the place is infested with Basilisk like they're Dilos. 

It's that way across all platforms it seems, we've got pockets of spawns and then you can go to certain areas and literally see nothing.  Wyverns are one of my chief complaints if you want to call it such,  seems like just in the progression of players finding places to set up shop, the spawns are being blocked.  I've already voiced my concerns in another thread, and offered up a potential solution by putting wyvern spawns high in the air and setting the wyverns to fly when spawned. This however doesn't address the strange spawn behavior, we're built next to the ocean in the eastern side of the map on our server, and i've gone down into the deep water only to find absolutely nothing but oil nodes and the occasional Piranha.  Probably something they are going to have to take a closer look at. 

Archived