Need advice

Bigchingus7890

2 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Does anyone know how to get rid of an alpha Rex, I have one spino and 2 argys at my disposal. What should I do/tame 

If you're playing solo on a Local/Host game then you can use the "kill" command.

If you're on an Official server, or even on an Unofficial server where someone else is the admin - use your argy and lead it away from your base by getting close enough that it wants to chase you but not close enough to bite.

It takes some time & patience but it's not terribly hard to do. What you want to do is find some prey animal nearby, something that won't attack your argy while you're carrying it, so don't use a dilo, something like a dodo, ovis or parasaur is good, pick it up and carry it near the rex. The rex will want to chase the tasty treat that you're holding in your claws just a little above the rex's head so it can't bite your or your cargo. You just need to move slowly and carefully (and watch your stamina) to keep the rex following you.

There are two risk factors:

1) Stamina - again, make sure you watch your stamina carefully. If you have to go ahead and drop the prey animal, fly to a spot nearby and get your stamina back. You can always find more prey animals but if you run out of stamina then you'll be the prey.

2) Patience - the rex, just like every predator in the game, will be easily distracted by other animals on the ground. It will go chasing after anything that gets within range to attack and eat them. You just need to be patient, hover nearby and wait for it to kill & eat the ground target and then try to be in a position where it will come back to you. By moving carefully and methodically you will eventually let it eat everything along the path you're leading it down until you finally get it far enough away from your base.

Depending on what map you're on and where you're located, it's even possible to lead them out to sea where they will drown. Lead them as far from the shoreline as you can (again, remembering to watch your stamina) drop the prey animal and then fly straight up into the air until you're high enough up that it stops looking at you and it just looks straight ahead at the surface of the water. Now fly back to land and it will just sit out there in the water and drown.

This will work on any carnivore. I once had a base near a spawn point for giga's, I had to fly out and kite giga's out into the ocean a couple of times per day to keep my area safe. This takes a little practice but as long as you're patient and don't get your argy killed you'll be able to do it pretty easily.

p.s. The general rule of thumb with alphas is that they're 4x as hard to kill as a normal animal. So a Lvl 5 Alpha Rex is like a Lvl 20 regular rex, or if you're unlucky and it's a Lvl 100 Alpha rex then that's like fightint a Lvl 400 regular rex.  Alphas are not impossible to beat, you just have to make sure that you think about what level they are and make sure that you're not in an area where a bunch of other stuff will get into the fight and attack you too.

Be sure you dont get too close to it with your argy. I don't know if it is still an issue (it probably is) but argies used to get stuck IN alpha rexes and you cant fly away so you just get eaten. It's best to zip in from behind and smack it in the back of the head and fly off, stay away from the front, especially lower than the head, its best to avoid being lower than the head on any part of the body TBH because they can move so fast.

16 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Alright thanks everyone 

The Rex will be faster that you spino so kiting it with the army is probably the best option. The only time a spino can take on an alpha Rex is if it is imprinted and has a good saddle and/or mutation depending on the level of the Rex. 

Kite it on foot, go naked with a bow and a few arrows shoot it to attract it's attention, when it chases you.... die. Rinse and repeat till it's far enough away you feel comfortable. If you are handy enough you can put a sleeping bag down as it gets close to you so it's not as far to return.  You won't lose your argie or any other dinos and you can have some fun learning about the dangers of Alphas and how close/far you need to be from them to be safe. 

On 9/20/2020 at 12:33 PM, Bigchingus7890 said:

Does anyone know how to get rid of an alpha Rex, I have one spino and 2 argys at my disposal. What should I do/tame 

If you can use the argy to lure it away and to water, there is a chance you can drown it.....also if your good enough to hit a target as it drowns, you can earn all the extra EXP from an alpha rex

Archived