Level 150+ dinosaurs keep spawning in beginners

andwan0

Just started out and joined the EU beginners server.

Yes, the beaches are full of other player's bases. Thus I manage to start building a base up the hill not far from water.

Slowly leveled to 22 now.

What's annoying is that these high level 150+ dinosaurs keep spawning beside me and relentlessly chase me and attack me and trying to destroy my base.This happens frequently day and night.

I try again next time joining... just trying to collect resources so I can build traps.. but it happens again and again. Level 150+ dinosaurs suddenly spawn beside me and target me solely.

Any tips/advice?

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, andwan0 said:

Thanks

How to report?

Please look at attachments for the server

2020-09-19 13_28_17-ARK_ Survival Evolved.png

Fill out the http://ark.gg/outage form for "Incorrect config" and explain that the spawns appear higher than they should be in the "Additional Info" box and it will be investigated by the server management team.

Ah. I think I keep misreading the text. It would say " you have been killed by <dinosaur> level 15!"
or ...<dinosaur> level 17!

It looks like 151 or 171....

Anyway, everytime I do something productive, like almost taming a trike... suddenly 2 big lvl 25 scary fast THERIZINOSAURUS (with big mole hands) come attack me and my tames.

it's always the same repeating cycle. I get killed, respawn and have to gather up stuff to rebuild my tools and continue working. No tames, no advance tools. Still on the stone tools.

6 hours ago, andwan0 said:

Ah. I think I keep misreading the text. It would say " you have been killed by <dinosaur> level 15!"
or ...<dinosaur> level 17!

It looks like 151 or 171....

Anyway, everytime I do something productive, like almost taming a trike... suddenly 2 big lvl 25 scary fast THERIZINOSAURUS (with big mole hands) come attack me and my tames.

it's always the same repeating cycle. I get killed, respawn and have to gather up stuff to rebuild my tools and continue working. No tames, no advance tools. Still on the stone tools.

happend to me a few time, like OH NO i killed a Argentavis level 201!!! then i realize, also Therizinos will only attack if u basicly touch them in distance or attack them, try and tame a para, it tames faster, trap it with a bola, and KO it with tranq and bow, and feed mejos, for sabers and raptors, bola them, get to a place they cant reach ya, and try and tranq them or run, level movement speed, often if you go into water creatures are slower, and some will retreate, if u have a raft, you can basicly tranq any land creature, maybe build spike walls around tames and shoot the attacker with arow, and bola them.

Yeah, that exclamation mark looks really off sometimes. But like everyone else has been saying, use bolas.......My first go to tames are <lvl 20 parasaur and raptor......Ill unlock the bola and club at the same time, then go hunting....As long as they are lower than lvl 20, I can trap them, run to the side of them, then knock them out by beating on them with a club.

Had help one time while trying fresh characters in scorched earth, and we was able to knock out a lvl 30 dire wolf useing this technique with a freind. Both out clubs broke at the same time, only a little bit of time left before the bola wore off, screw it. Two punches is all it took to finally knock him out. XD

Archived